Some Possible Higher Salary Players Possibly Available This Winter Via Trade

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Re: Some Possible Higher Salary Players Possibly Available This Winter Via Trade

In Response to Re: Some Possible Higher Salary Players Possibly Available This Winter Via Trade:
    I would like to see Franceour in RF in Fenway (with Ross in LF), Masterson pitching in the 4 slot in the rotation, and Morneau at 1B.  Just would not be willing to trade any young pitching prospects or any position players named Brentz, Bradley, Bogaerts, or Marerro (and possibly Swihart).  The question is, what could the Sox get for Padilla, Aceves, Iglesias, Vitek, Cechinni, Wilson, Hassan, etc. (ie, redundancy).  I doubt you get Masterson or Morneau for any of them, but you might get Franceour.
    Posted by parhunter55

There are over 100 picthers better than Masterson. I don't get the fixation.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Re: Some Possible Higher Salary Players Possibly Available This Winter Via Trade

In Response to Re: Some Possible Higher Salary Players Possibly Available This Winter Via Trade:
    In response to "Re: Some Possible Higher Salary Players Possibly Available This Winter Via Trade": I'll trade for billy butler. Not an "elite" slugger but right handed 1st baseman with 300 25 100 potential !! Too bad hell be another mike sweeney
    Posted by dobleD

KC is loaded with good prospects, so they may not be in "rebuild mode" for too much longer, but who knows...

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

I think Moon ..Masterson is young...we know him ....he's average but not great. He's probably affordable. I'm not saying I want him, but maybe not a bad pickup in the next two years that we are not contending.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Morneau would be a nice pk up. Curious what it would take to get him.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

pitching.  forget offense.
    lee
    doc
    king
    freak
    hammels
    trade the farm for any of these.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

The Brewers might see Braun for a slew of prospects as a way to reinvent affordably. I would think that the Dodger trade gave the RS young arm inventory to at least discuss 1-2 of the top arms.   I am curious to the thought of Braun and Gallardo with Ruby, Bard, Boegarts and Cechini as the bait. I would think that a team of; Braun, Ellsbury, Ross/ Sweeney Middlebrooks, Avilles/Iggy, Pedroia, Laroche Salty, Lavarnway Lester, Gallardo, Buch, Doubie, Morales, Lackey, Bailey, Aceves, Melancon could compete very well in the AL East 
    Posted by rkarp

I doubt the Milwaukee Brewers, after shedding the contracts of Prince Fielder, Zack Greinke and Francisco Rodriguez, will trade the team-friendly contracts of their best hitter and best pitcher for that dubious Red Sox package.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rightymclefty. Show rightymclefty's posts

Wow! The idea of Ryan Braun in a Sox uniform, is awesome.
    My favorite player. Guy is a dirt dog type, blood and guts player.
    The PED stuff is blown out of the water by this year's performance without Prince behind him.
    Watching him over the years, he hits a lot like Mike Piazza. Amazing power to right field and center field. Not really a pull hitter. He did hit one last night to left, completely out of Wrigley Field.
    Plus he's a good base stealer. Stole 33 a couple of years ago.
    Gold Glove LF. 28 years old.
    BIG game player. .379 post season BA with 1.060 OPS. Twice hit walkoff HRs to put Brewers in the playoffs.
    Just a great baseball player.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

In Response to Re: Some Possible Higher Salary Players Possibly Available This Winter Via Trade : Hillbilly, Who would have thought the Dodgers would have taken the contracts from the Sox and thrown in 2 major arms? The point is, the Brewers are going to finish under .500 in a winnable division with little on the farm and a rabid fan base. In addition to giving them huge financial flexibility, they would be on the rcving end of 2 major power arms, and perhaps their starting SS and 2B combo for the next 6 years at affordable prices. I am not saying the trade is inevitable or even workable. But it seems that Braun and Gallardo would instantly put the RS back in the thick of the division, and they have the power arm inventory to pull this off.
    Posted by rkarp

Some things the Brewers share in common with another team (other than the farm system assessment).

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rightymclefty. Show rightymclefty's posts

Thanks rkarp.
    Softy is just spewing his usual diarrhea on the forum.
    Braun HAS to be clean, because he challenged the findings, and knows he's a target.
    By the way, Mr. Softbrain, have you looked at Braun? He looks like a guy off the street. Not bulked up, like the roiders we know of.
    I know, he's Jewish, so he must have some super secret smart drugs he's taking. Right?
    Sounds like something your little mind would contrive.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rightymclefty. Show rightymclefty's posts

ZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from iamme17. Show iamme17's posts

I am curious to the thought of Braun and Gallardo with Ruby, Bard, Boegarts and Cechini as the bait. Posted by rkarp
      The brewers would laugh their heads off at this package of "bait".

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rightymclefty. Show rightymclefty's posts

Braun blows Agon away. Plus he has speed, more power and higher lifetime BA by 17 points. .941 OPS to .880 + 61, SP 568 to 509 +59.
    And, yes, he hits in late innings, too.

PS- Justin Morneau was claimed on waivers a week ago. The Twins pulled him back after failing to make a trade.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Braun blows Agon away. Plus he has speed, more power and higher lifetime BA by 17 points. .941 OPS to .880 + 61, SP 568 to 509 +59. And, yes, he hits in late innings, too. PS- Justin Morneau was claimed on waivers a week ago. The Twins pulled him back after failing to make a trade.
    Posted by rightymclefty

Shows they're willing to deal this winter. (Not saying Morneau for 1 year is a worthy trade, but he's better than some options posters have mentioned here.)

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rightymclefty. Show rightymclefty's posts

Morneau is 31 years old, which isn't ancient for a power hitter, especially if you're not figuring him as more than 2 years. He's under team control until 2014.

Sections
Shortcuts