Some Possible Higher Salary Players Possibly Available This Winter Via Trade

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Re: Some Possible Higher Salary Players Possibly Available This Winter Via Trade

In Response to Re: Some Possible Higher Salary Players Possibly Available This Winter Via Trade:
    I would like to see Franceour in RF in Fenway (with Ross in LF), Masterson pitching in the 4 slot in the rotation, and Morneau at 1B.  Just would not be willing to trade any young pitching prospects or any position players named Brentz, Bradley, Bogaerts, or Marerro (and possibly Swihart).  The question is, what could the Sox get for Padilla, Aceves, Iglesias, Vitek, Cechinni, Wilson, Hassan, etc. (ie, redundancy).  I doubt you get Masterson or Morneau for any of them, but you might get Franceour.
    Posted by parhunter55

There are over 100 picthers better than Masterson. I don't get the fixation.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Re: Some Possible Higher Salary Players Possibly Available This Winter Via Trade

In Response to Re: Some Possible Higher Salary Players Possibly Available This Winter Via Trade:
    In response to "Re: Some Possible Higher Salary Players Possibly Available This Winter Via Trade": I'll trade for billy butler. Not an "elite" slugger but right handed 1st baseman with 300 25 100 potential !! Too bad hell be another mike sweeney
    Posted by dobleD

KC is loaded with good prospects, so they may not be in "rebuild mode" for too much longer, but who knows...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

The Brewers might see Braun for a slew of prospects as a way to reinvent affordably. I would think that the Dodger trade gave the RS young arm inventory to at least discuss 1-2 of the top arms.  
    I am curious to the thought of Braun and Gallardo with Ruby, Bard, Boegarts and Cechini as the bait. I would think that a team of;
    Braun, Ellsbury, Ross/ Sweeney
    Middlebrooks, Avilles/Iggy, Pedroia, Laroche
    Salty, Lavarnway
    Lester, Gallardo, Buch, Doubie, Morales, Lackey, Bailey, Aceves, Melancon
    could compete very well in the AL East 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

I think Moon ..Masterson is young...we know him ....he's average but not great. He's probably affordable. I'm not saying I want him, but maybe not a bad pickup in the next two years that we are not contending.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Morneau would be a nice pk up. Curious what it would take to get him.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

pitching.  forget offense.
    lee
    doc
    king
    freak
    hammels
    trade the farm for any of these.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

pitching.  forget offense. lee doc king freak hammels trade the farm for any of these.
    Posted by slasher9

Lee, Doc and Freak show a lot of wear and tear this year, and "trade the farm" for them sounds foolish. I would have to think Lee is available as a salary dump, and would not take a load of prospects. Doc and Freak too many questions this year too seriously consider. Felix it seems is never available. Hammels I though had trade clauses in his new contract that did not include the RS??

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

The Brewers might see Braun for a slew of prospects as a way to reinvent affordably. I would think that the Dodger trade gave the RS young arm inventory to at least discuss 1-2 of the top arms.   I am curious to the thought of Braun and Gallardo with Ruby, Bard, Boegarts and Cechini as the bait. I would think that a team of; Braun, Ellsbury, Ross/ Sweeney Middlebrooks, Avilles/Iggy, Pedroia, Laroche Salty, Lavarnway Lester, Gallardo, Buch, Doubie, Morales, Lackey, Bailey, Aceves, Melancon could compete very well in the AL East 
    Posted by rkarp

I doubt the Milwaukee Brewers, after shedding the contracts of Prince Fielder, Zack Greinke and Francisco Rodriguez, will trade the team-friendly contracts of their best hitter and best pitcher for that dubious Red Sox package.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rightymclefty. Show rightymclefty's posts

Wow! The idea of Ryan Braun in a Sox uniform, is awesome.
    My favorite player. Guy is a dirt dog type, blood and guts player.
    The PED stuff is blown out of the water by this year's performance without Prince behind him.
    Watching him over the years, he hits a lot like Mike Piazza. Amazing power to right field and center field. Not really a pull hitter. He did hit one last night to left, completely out of Wrigley Field.
    Plus he's a good base stealer. Stole 33 a couple of years ago.
    Gold Glove LF. 28 years old.
    BIG game player. .379 post season BA with 1.060 OPS. Twice hit walkoff HRs to put Brewers in the playoffs.
    Just a great baseball player.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In Response to Re: Some Possible Higher Salary Players Possibly Available This Winter Via Trade : I doubt the Milwaukee Brewers, after shedding the contracts of Prince Fielder, Zack Greinke and Francisco Rodriguez, will trade the team-friendly contracts of their best hitter and best pitcher for that dubious Red Sox package.
    Posted by hill55

Hillbilly,

Who would have thought the Dodgers would have taken the contracts from the Sox and thrown in 2 major arms? The point is, the Brewers are going to finish under .500 in a winnable division with little on the farm and a rabid fan base. In addition to giving them huge financial flexibility, they would be on the rcving end of 2 major power arms, and perhaps their starting SS and 2B combo for the next 6 years at affordable prices.
    I am not saying the trade is inevitable or even workable. But it seems that Braun and Gallardo would instantly put the RS back in the thick of the division, and they have the power arm inventory to pull this off.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I would think that a team of; Braun, Ellsbury, Ross/ Sweeney Middlebrooks, Avilles/Iggy, Pedroia, Laroche Salty, Lavarnway Lester, Gallardo, Buch, Doubie, Morales, Lackey, Bailey, Aceves, Melancon could compete very well in the AL East   You also thought the Red Sox would get a huge lift when Ellsbury returned in 2012. That hasn't happened, has it.
    Posted by TrotterNixon

Yes, I was calling for at least 30 days at full health to see what this team was capable of. Unfortunately, we never had the chance to see a healthy Ellsbury and Crawford together for any meaningful stretch, nor did we have a chance to see what Big Papi, Agon and Middlebrooks could do with Ellsbury, Crawford and Pedroia on base in front of them.While "the trade" will lead to intrigue and speculation, I would have been happier with a simple dump of Beckett for zero return, and waiting CC out to get healthy (next May?)..(and kept Agon)
    I also would have dangled prospects for pitching, and taken my shot next year with this same team, albeit healthy, minus Beckett, but plus Lackey.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

In Response to Re: Some Possible Higher Salary Players Possibly Available This Winter Via Trade : Hillbilly, Who would have thought the Dodgers would have taken the contracts from the Sox and thrown in 2 major arms? The point is, the Brewers are going to finish under .500 in a winnable division with little on the farm and a rabid fan base. In addition to giving them huge financial flexibility, they would be on the rcving end of 2 major power arms, and perhaps their starting SS and 2B combo for the next 6 years at affordable prices. I am not saying the trade is inevitable or even workable. But it seems that Braun and Gallardo would instantly put the RS back in the thick of the division, and they have the power arm inventory to pull this off.
    Posted by rkarp

Some things the Brewers share in common with another team (other than the farm system assessment).

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In Response to Re: Some Possible Higher Salary Players Possibly Available This Winter Via Trade : Some things the Brewers share in common with another team (other than the farm system assessment).
    Posted by hill55

Thats my point! The RS are in the same boat (except for the farm system), they made a move for financial flexibilty and a couple of major arms, and have drawn kudos from the entire MLB for a steal. Why wouldnt the Brewers try something similar?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Braun is a doper who is most certainly on something in the designer growth horomone business. If it weren't for the MLBPA, an Olympics caliber testing program would be in place in MLB. Tiger Woods is breaking down from years on the juice, see Dr. Galea. The symptons of hormone addicts manifests with tendon and ligament damage around joints that weren't biolgically designed for the muscle mass that comes from the hormones. Not to mention the mental health issues that most surely will come from hormone addiciton. Lance Armstrong was busted as a fraud. The reality is that the sports entertainment business requires stats from athletes that move the ratings needle. "The first in history" is frequently promoted from the media that drives the revenue in the sport. Woods and Armstrong are hormone addicts and frauds. So is Braun. That they would be excellent professional athletes without the dope is not, in anyway, a vindication of the impace of growth hormone use by athletes.   
    Posted by TrotterNixon

Everyone is entitled to an opinion on the doping issue. And I have mine. It is actually very simple. I DONT CARE IF ANYONE AND EVERYONE IS TAKING SOME TYPE OF DRUG...First off, show me concrete evidence that it actually works. Secondly, show me concrete results of who is taking it and who is not. Without this information, I DONT CARE.
    I assume Braun is testing 1-3 times per month. Most likley more than just about any other player. I would assume, this year, he is as clean or cleaner than anyone playing.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rightymclefty. Show rightymclefty's posts

Thanks rkarp.
    Softy is just spewing his usual diarrhea on the forum.
    Braun HAS to be clean, because he challenged the findings, and knows he's a target.
    By the way, Mr. Softbrain, have you looked at Braun? He looks like a guy off the street. Not bulked up, like the roiders we know of.
    I know, he's Jewish, so he must have some super secret smart drugs he's taking. Right?
    Sounds like something your little mind would contrive.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rightymclefty. Show rightymclefty's posts

ZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from iamme17. Show iamme17's posts

I am curious to the thought of Braun and Gallardo with Ruby, Bard, Boegarts and Cechini as the bait. Posted by rkarp
      The brewers would laugh their heads off at this package of "bait".

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I DONT CARE IF ANYONE AND EVERYONE IS TAKING SOME TYPE OF DRUG...First off, show me concrete evidence that it actually works. Secondly, show me concrete results of who is taking it and who is not. You undercut your first opinion with your second statement. Since you don't care if "anyone and everyone is taking some type of growth hormones" you don't need "concrete evidence that it actually works". Lance Armstrong, Tiger Woods and Ryan Bruan agree with you, but those that run sports leagues, medical experts and the hormone trafficing business show the contrary. Concrete evidence is Barry Bonds. Concrete evidence is Mark McGuire. Concrete evidence is Lance Armstrong. Concrete evidene is Marian Jones. Concrete evidence is Dr. Galea and Tiger Woods. Concrete evidence is Balco Labs. Growth hormones work, alright, to enhance athletic performance. The issue is: Should athletic governing bodies allow any participating athletes to take growth hormones without a lawful prescreption and governing body exemption? Since there is concrete evidence as to the bodily damage that results from growth hormone addiction, to protect those who don't want to use them to maintain the athletic performance edge, it is imperative that the Lance Armstrongs, Tiger Woods and Ryan Brauns be outed for purposes of the physical and mental health of young aspiring athletes.  
    Posted by TrotterNixon

Oh c'mon, for every player you can name, I can name 3 more named Sanchez, Rincon and Grimsley that have performed very poorly, yet been suspended for drugs. Facts are facts, no one can definitively state that steroids enhance performance...
    That being said, whether it be Braun, Ortiz or some one in the lower minor leagues, until some one can prove they enhance performance, or there is a legitimate testing process, I dont care who uses and who doesn't. 
    I would not back off of a trade for Braun based on this. I would welcome him to Fenway, and hope he would be the offensive force that Agon was supposed to be.   

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rightymclefty. Show rightymclefty's posts

Braun blows Agon away. Plus he has speed, more power and higher lifetime BA by 17 points. .941 OPS to .880 + 61, SP 568 to 509 +59.
    And, yes, he hits in late innings, too.

PS- Justin Morneau was claimed on waivers a week ago. The Twins pulled him back after failing to make a trade.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Braun blows Agon away. Plus he has speed, more power and higher lifetime BA by 17 points. .941 OPS to .880 + 61, SP 568 to 509 +59. And, yes, he hits in late innings, too. PS- Justin Morneau was claimed on waivers a week ago. The Twins pulled him back after failing to make a trade.
    Posted by rightymclefty

Shows they're willing to deal this winter. (Not saying Morneau for 1 year is a worthy trade, but he's better than some options posters have mentioned here.)

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rightymclefty. Show rightymclefty's posts

Morneau is 31 years old, which isn't ancient for a power hitter, especially if you're not figuring him as more than 2 years. He's under team control until 2014.

Sections
Shortcuts