some writer, don remember who it was, was sayimg we shouldnt play ciriaco long. you guys want aviles back in or keep ciriaco going?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

some writer, don r...

ciriaco is largely the spark to our offense since hes been in.
    so i dont liek parking him on the bench.
    and hes quick on defense.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chilliwings. Show Chilliwings's posts

Re: some writer, don remember who it was, was sayimg we shouldnt play ciriaco long. you guys want aviles back in or keep ciri...

In Response to some writer, don remember who it was, was sayimg we shouldnt play ciriaco long. you guys want aviles back in or keep ciriaco going?:
    [QUOTE]ciriaco is largely the spark to our offense since hes been in. so i dont liek parking him on the bench. and hes quick on defense.
    Posted by bredbru[/QUOTE]

Weel sed.  Hard two argyoo wiv dat.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Re: some writer, don remember who it was, was sayimg we shouldnt play ciriaco long. you guys want aviles back in or keep ciri...

i 2ndthut,gd post

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from oscars. Show oscars's posts

Play the hot hand

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Have you guys seen Aviles running to the 1st base after ground balls lately??  I hate it when little guys jogging to the 1B.  Ciriaco is hitting better and clutch, alot faster, better at defense and plays his heart out.  There absolutely no reason to pull Ciriaco out and reinsert Aviles when team's on the hot streak..

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Is his turf toe bad enough to go on the DL? So it sounds like he can play but currently there are no openings.

If Aviles is to be the super sub perhaps it might be important for him to start subbing for CC on the 5 th day and  Ciriaco when they need a break. I'm thinking Punto would give Middlebrooks, Pedroia and AGon a breather periodically.
    Kalish, if he stays up, can cover Ells and Cody.

If Ortiz returns, hopefully the injury will not be reocurring, if it does perhaps rather than not bring up a DH again, they will bring either Gomez or Lavarnway.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

Maybe people just aren't paying attention, feeling the season is over, so they have missed the emergence of the Magic Man. If Aviles gets the SS job back, BV will have a lot of explaining to do!

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from xdrive. Show xdrive's posts

vote for Pedro

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Bobby V is going to keep finding ways to keep him in the lineup, and that might require Aviles to become the utility infielder/outfielder.  That said, don't forget Aviles is third on the team in rbi's.  Last night's 4th inning sharp rbi single to right against Verlander was a pretty big hit for Ciriaco and the Sox.  And so far his defense has been pretty good. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to Re: some writer, don remember who it was, was sayimg we shouldnt play ciriaco long. you guys want aviles back in or keep ciriaco going?:
    [QUOTE]After Ciriaco played his first 3 games for the Red Sox, I posted that Ciriaco needs to stay on the active roster as the starting SS. This entire Board either said nothing, claimed it wouldn't last, claimed Aviles has power and is still the starter, or said to keep Ciriaco as a UIF'er and write off the millions left on Punto's 2 year deal.
    Posted by TrotterNixon[/QUOTE]

If I had a cookie, and you were here with me, I would seriously give it to you right now.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

which writer said that? a ny writer perhaps?  no one i have spoken to wants pedro NOT to play

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

In Response to Re: some writer, don remember who it was, was sayimg we shouldnt play ciriaco long. you guys want aviles back in or keep ciriaco going?:
    [QUOTE]Don't forget that Aviles has created more RBI's and runs for the opponents, as result of his fielding errors scored as hits for the other side, than he has RBI's. Aviles is a bum. 

Not so.  See fangraphs, who ranks him 2d among regular MLB SS's in 2012, and other defensive stats. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Ciriaco is the flavor of the month.

Wait until he hits his first rough stretch and all the "keep Pedro in the lineup crowd" will be screaming for his release.

As usual , this crowd makes judgements based on very small sample sizes.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]Have you guys seen Aviles running to the 1st base after ground balls lately??  I hate it when little guys jogging to the 1B.  Ciriaco is hitting better and clutch, alot faster, better at defense and plays his heart out.  There absolutely no reason to pull Ciriaco out and reinsert Aviles when team's on the hot streak..
    Posted by seannybboi[/QUOTE]

that's more than half of the Sox team...even Ellsbury did that recently.  Disgraceful.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

They better not mess with the Magic Man! Pedey & Pedro, the Perfect Pair will be the ones who bring us back from despair!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

He should be playing. He's playing well and Aviles is hurt, it's a no-brainer.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

[QUOTE]After Ciriaco played his first 3 games for the Red Sox, I posted that Ciriaco needs to stay on the active roster as the starting SS. This entire Board either said nothing, claimed it wouldn't last, claimed Aviles has power and is still the starter, or said to keep Ciriaco as a UIF'er and write off the millions left on Punto's 2 year deal.

Sorry soft one!  Many of us were saying it in ST!  BUT!  You clearly have that narcissist's need to be THE ONE & ONLY person who is capable of seeing real talent.  Unfortunately for you, you are completely incapable of ever admitting when you make many of your idiotic calls.  You are a very sad & pathetic character.  You are also too stupid to realize that NOBODY listens to a word you say anymore.  Have you ever heard of marginalizing yourself through extreme views????  THIS IS YOU in a nutshell.  People like you, who are complete narcissists, NEVER GET TAKEN SERIOUSLY once people see your true colors.  Which they see on a daily basis.  It doesn't matter what the topic; baseball, Red Sox, politics, anything socio-political, nobody takes your opinion seriously.  Sure!  It's a blast making you look foolish, & baiting you, but NOBODY gives serious consideration to any of your opinions!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the entertainment though!  You're the man!  :)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: some writer, don remember who it was, was sayimg we shouldnt play ciriaco long. you guys want aviles back in or keep ciriaco going? : Sorry soft one!  Many of us were saying it in ST!  BUT!  You clearly have that narcissist's need to be THE ONE & ONLY person who is capable of seeing real talent.  Unfortunately for you, you are completely incapable of ever admitting when you make many of your idiotic calls.  You are a very sad & pathetic character.  You are also too stupid to realize that NOBODY listens to a word you say anymore.  Have you ever heard of marginalizing yourself through extreme views????  THIS IS YOU in a nutshell.  People like you, who are complete narcissists, NEVER GET TAKEN SERIOUSLY once people see your true colors.  Which they see on a daily basis.  It doesn't matter what the topic; baseball, Red Sox, politics, anything socio-political, nobody takes your opinion seriously.  Sure!  It's a blast making you look foolish, & baiting you, but NOBODY gives serious consideration to any of your opinions!!!!!!!! Thanks for the entertainment though!  You're the man!  :)
    Posted by redsoxdirtdog[/QUOTE]

I usually warm up for work by having some coffee and making fun of him for an half hour or so until he freaks out.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Ciriaco clearly has the talent to be a very good, if not excellent, second tier SS in the MLB!  It's easy to see that he has the goods to make it, & do a well above average job for any team.  Ignoring the ball he did not rush in on last night, his defense is well above par!  The big question will be, can he make the adjustments needed to thrive in the MLB once pitchers have his number???  I think he has the stuff offensively, but it certainly remains to be seen.  Excellent bat speed!  Very good plate discipline!  A very good eye!  Very good situational hitter!  The kid has the stuff!  Excellent POP!!!!  & SPEED to burn.

Having said that, Avilles did an excellent job for the Sox in the first 2/5 of the season, both offensively and defensively.  Morons like Softy, who claim he's pathetic, simply aren't watching the games.  There is no way they could be, or they would have to admit that he has done a very respectable job defensively, with very few errors.  Well above par. He's not gonna make a lot of highlight reels, but pretty solid. HIS BAT was almost single handedly keeping the Sox somewhat competitive through the first 2/5ths of the season. Excellent production!!!!    The fact that SOFTY CAN'T SEE ALL THAT, speaks to what an absolute moron & narcissist he CLEARLY IS!

The big problem with Avilles???? Opposing teams now have his number, & he's not making the adjustments needed. They now pitch him exclusively outside, & he does little more than chase, & roll over on the pitch! If he makes contact, that is. Too bad, because I really like the guy!  If the hitting coach is not talking to him about this, & I have my doubts, SHAME ON HIM!

RIGHT NOW!  Ciriaco is flashing a hot bat & glove. I would love to see him stay at SS!!!!! Avilles could be excellent trade bait in September! Ciriaco is ready!!! I hope the Sox go with him as their starting SS next year. Iggy, SOFTY'S 1st choice, is NOWHERE NEAR READY! Nor will he ever be! The kid simply can't hit major league pitching. Never has been able, & never will be!!! Just my opinion.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: some writer, don remember who it was, was sayimg we shouldnt play ciriaco long. you guys want aviles back in or keep ciriaco going? : I usually warm up for work by having some coffee and making fun of him for an half hour or so until he freaks out.
    Posted by snakeoil123[/QUOTE]

LOL!!!

breakfast of champions!  Pretty simple meal, like being coo coo for coco puffs, but it tastes good & goes down easy. Sure, it's not good for you, but a small bowl never hurt anybody.  Softy is most certainly a small bowl with nothing good inside!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxdawg08. Show soxdawg08's posts

Aviles is a dog. Ciriaco is clutch. 'Nough said!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Ciarco BABIP is around .400 and if you think that stat is garbage just look at his minor league numbers....he will come back down to earth.  And when his BA dips below his AVG so will his OBP because Ciarco and walking do not exist in the same sentence. 

I like Ciarco and I hope he's the next break through player success story.....But it's way way way to soon.

At the very least with all of his skills he deserves a reserve role on this team. 

25. This post has been removed.