Someone Explain to me the Love for Farrell

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from curlyhoward77. Show curlyhoward77's posts

Re: Someone Explain to me the Love for Farrell

In response to ADG's comment:
    [QUOTE]

1. What has he done in Toronto?

2. Why did he not monitor one of his players wearing a racial slur on his eye black?

3. Why did his star players continuously not run out ground balls to the infield?

[/QUOTE]

Have to agree. Can't see giving up prospects for this guy.  I have 2 words for you all.

Dwight Evans.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

In response to bobbysu's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Tito stunk in Philly as their Manager, Farrell, not good in Toronto, history might repeat.

Francona never was above .500 in Philly, last year lost 97.

[/QUOTE]

I agree with you which is why I believe Farrell deserves a chance.

Did any of us predict Francona (given his poor track record as manager of the Phillies), would help the Red Sox win not one but TWO World Series Championships?  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucbom. Show lucbom's posts

Farrell as a Pitching Coach gets a B+ Grade.  Farrell as a Manager gets a D- Grade.  So the Media and maybe Ben want Farrell as a Manager?  NO WAY! 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

In response to lucbom's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Farrell as a Pitching Coach gets a B+ Grade.  Farrell as a Manager gets a D- Grade.  So the Media and maybe Ben want Farrell as a Manager?  NO WAY! 

[/QUOTE]

Francona managed a very bad Phillies team during the late to mid 90s.  

Farrell managed a very bad Blue Jays team which did not make the playoffs since 1993.  Besides, like the Red Sox, the Blue Jays dealt with a lot of injuries this year.  

Besides, don't the Red Sox players speak very highly of Farrell (especially Lester and Bulcholz)?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter55. Show parhunter55's posts

There will be very few players left on th 25-man roster for 2013 who ever knew Farrell, let alone spoke highly of him.

BTW, does anyone else have a problem with letters they type not making it to the post? I cannot type a sentence where I don't have to go back and insert letters that did not make it to the page (happened 4 times on this last sentence, alone...make that 5).

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cassvt2004. Show cassvt2004's posts

If one of two things happen, the FO is going to look ridiculous:

1.) If the Sox are forced to give up a top 15 prospect or an established ML player to get him, they are going to look silly after the debacle of letting Theo go only to get a fringe prospect reliever about two months later.

2.) If this drags out because of the compensation thing and they haven't named a manger by around Oct. 20th, they are going to do serious damage to the team and coaching staff that they can field in 2013.  The fact that Francona is now looking for coaches only hurts.  Alomar may want to stay as his bench coach knowing that he is probably the heir apparent in Cleveland.  We already knows how he feels about Mills, Hale and Bogar.  In addition, now the Rockies and likely the Marlins will be looking for managers, who in turn will be looking for coaches.  Time is of the essence and this Farrell thing could drag out and cost them too much of it.

I'd like to hear the thoughts of some of the regulars on here like Moon, Notin, Snakeoil, Southpaw, etc.....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

I'm sure Farrell would be fine, but there will be plenty of qualified candidates out there who won't require giving up prospects as compensation. Offer the Blue Jays a middling reliever or two (like we got from the Cubs), and if they don't like it, move on.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Strike13. Show Strike13's posts

Nostalgia is the love.  Plain and simple.

Sections
Shortcuts