Someone explain to me why nobody likes ADG

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from fizsh. Show fizsh's posts

Re: Someone explain to me why nobody likes ADG

In response to Sheriff-Rojas' comment:

I don't understand.  This poster is always right about everything, yet he gets no respect around here.  In fact, Farrell should be fired immediately after not listening to what ADG suggests afterwards.  If ADG were manager, the Red Sox would no doubt ever make a wrong move and lose another game.  He also is so spot on about DFAing every slumping player, that he should double as a GM.  

I was thinking the same thing Sheriff.  Why haven't the Sox signed him as a manager? 

My other thought was, can't people let the game end before saying it is over?  I know the season ended a while ago also. 

Incidentally and having nothing to do with this thread, Price is struggling.  Can't Maddon see that he doesn't have it today?  :)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

In response to fizsh's comment:

In response to Sheriff-Rojas' comment:

[QUOTE]

I don't understand.  This poster is always right about everything, yet he gets no respect around here.  In fact, Farrell should be fired immediately after not listening to what ADG suggests afterwards.  If ADG were manager, the Red Sox would no doubt ever make a wrong move and lose another game.  He also is so spot on about DFAing every slumping player, that he should double as a GM.  

I was thinking the same thing Sheriff.  Why haven't the Sox signed him as a manager? 

My other thought was, can't people let the game end before saying it is over?  I know the season ended a while ago also. 

Incidentally and having nothing to do with this thread, Price is struggling.  Can't Maddon see that he doesn't have it today?  :)

[/QUOTE]

Maybe we should start a campaign.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

C'mon ladies and gents, the sheriff is trying to put a posse together.  Bring your best scorn and humiliation to this thread.  I want to see what y'all got.  

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

There's no law against being critical here, but you have to use some common sense and respect for the board.

There's just no excuse for starting 5 threads during a game, especially when they could easily have been folded into one.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

I honestly cannot believe that posters here still believe ADG is a Sox fan. He has always come up with negative threads, but the fact that he still does it THIS season has to be a red flag. He created about five negative threads assuming the game would be lost, waiting for everyone to find out what he thought went wrong. Who does that? I'll tell you, it's a person enjoying the loss, and hoping to fill the board with negative comments.

Why does everyone still believe this is a Sox fan when he sounds so much more like a rival team's fan?

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

Like I said in another negative thread he started.....I'm VERY glad I don't have his life.....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

I have no issue with ADG's thread. It asks a valid question.

I questioned Farrells moves last night as well. I think hes done a good job overall, but I question some of hishis pitching moves, like I did with Tito. Im realizing very quickly who was making the pitching calls when Tito was here...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

I have no issues with ADG.  Don't get me wrong.  I will rip his posts.

But some people only use boards as a vent for frustration.  People like that are not going to make positive comments a lot, if ever.

ADG has ripped others for being unnecessarily negative.  When georom started a thread about Drew's durability over his career, ADG was the first to call him out for obvios errors,  like Drew's inability to play a full season during his first year when he was called up in July

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

In response to kimsaysthis' comment:
    [QUOTE]

I honestly cannot believe that posters here still believe ADG is a Sox fan. He has always come up with negative threads, but the fact that he still does it THIS season has to be a red flag. He created about five negative threads assuming the game would be lost, waiting for everyone to find out what he thought went wrong. Who does that? I'll tell you, it's a person enjoying the loss, and hoping to fill the board with negative comments.

Why does everyone still believe this is a Sox fan when he sounds so much more like a rival team's fan?

I honest cannot believe you and pike aren't the same person. Listen no one is doubting he is a Sox fan. Who says you can't be critical and still be a fan? In reality your post was much worse than any ADG has ever posted.

[/QUOTE]

And that's your opinion. And who really cares? No one who reads my posts would believe I'm another person, or a guy for that matter. There are plenty of people that don't like ADG. If you're a fan that is interesting.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to notin's comment:

I have no issues with ADG.  Don't get me wrong.  I will rip his posts.

But some people only use boards as a vent for frustration.  People like that are not going to make positive comments a lot, if ever.

ADG has ripped others for being unnecessarily negative.  When georom started a thread about Drew's durability over his career, ADG was the first to call him out for obvios errors,  like Drew's inability to play a full season during his first year when he was called up in July

ADG only started commenting in threads when I questioned his neverending threads with no conversation in any threads on the board. But, whatever. You're a fan, good for you.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to Sheriff-Rojas's comment:

This is the kind of irrelevant thread that should be deleted in its entirety. I have no problem with ADG. If you do, just do yourself a favor and put him on ignore.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

I feel bad for ADG. Here is some help:

"Hold it fellows, that don't move me. Let's get real, real gone for a change."

-Elvis Presley

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

I don't have a big problem with ADG.  Seems a bit pessimistic to me, but I'm sure I seem optimistic to him.    

I would prefer to see more comments before events rather than after them, however.  But it's an open board.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I honest cannot believe you and pike aren't the same person. Listen no one is doubting he is a Sox fan. Who says you can't be critical and still be a fan? In reality your post was much worse than any ADG has ever posted.

[/QUOTE]

And that's your opinion. And who really cares? No one who reads my posts would believe I'm another person, or a guy for that matter. There are plenty of people that don't like ADG. If you're a fan that is interesting.

[/QUOTE]

People don't dislike ADG as a poster, they find it silly what he post because he is reactionary and over the top. You have a silly litmus test to who is a fan. If you don't work for the RedSox I don't and will never understand why you and your BFF pike act the way you do. Either you two are hardly fans.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

In response to Sheriff-Rojas's comment:

[QUOTE]

This is the kind of irrelevant thread that should be deleted in its entirety. I have no problem with ADG. If you do, just do yourself a favor and put him on ignore.

[/QUOTE]

There needs to be away to police this forum. This is definitely a way and I think it works the best.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

The internets are littered with ADGs.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

1) Tiny sample size definitive judgements.

2) Assuming anyone who calls him out, is a "yes man" or rose colored glasses wearer.

3) A softiesque ego that refuses to ever admit a mistake

Other than this, what's not to love about this guy?

Sox4ever

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

1) Tiny sample size definitive judgements.

2) Assuming anyone who calls him out, is a "yes man" or rose colored glasses wearer.

3) A softiesque ego that refuses to ever admit a mistake

Other than this, what's not to love about this guy?

Sox4ever

Well put, Moon, and very succinct.

I would add it to it joylessness and no appreciation for the aesthetics of baseball.  Part of the beauty of the game is its unpredictability, which should humble any fan that knows better.  Remy, and especially Eckersley, are a delight to listen to because they've been there and are able to communicate this concept with a light, humorous, and often self-deprecating touch.  

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts