Someone Please Ban The Poster Droning about the Homerun Derby Voodoo Spell!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from S0ftl@w. Show S0ftl@w's posts

Someone Please Ban The Poster Droning about the Homerun Derby Voodoo Spell!

Some idiot has been going on and on about Agon and the Homerun Derby spell about messing up a swing. Anecdotal isolated evidence that is lesser intelligence than Theo's ape suit.

If anyone ever reads about the homerun derby "jinks", please report said poster to your nearest NYT censor.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenwayjack2. Show fenwayjack2's posts

Re: Someone Please Ban The Poster Droning about the Homerun Derby Voodoo Spell!

The voodoo ladies in Haiti now curse Robbie Cano.  It cost $150 but I feel it's worth it.  He will drink the rum, smoke the weed and fly out on the warning track.  Lol.

Btw you should know his being a pot head is the reason Rico (Bobbie Abreu) and Melky Cabrera were let go.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from S0ftl@w. Show S0ftl@w's posts

Harness was hysterical about this claim of messing up Agon's swing. Absurd!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

What on and on. I made two posts to ZAC. It referenced the drought sluggers experience after participating in the derby.
    The derby was in early July.
    This is late August.
    Get a grip.

Still waiting for your fat city data on Jake.
    And I'll be hounding you until you deliver on UR claim that his success is due to AGONE.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from canetime. Show canetime's posts

In Response to Re: Someone Please Ban The Poster Droning about the Homerun Derby Voodoo Spell!:
    [QUOTE]What on and on. I made two posts to ZAC. It referenced the drought sluggers experience after participating in the derby. The derby was in early July. This is late August. Get a grip. Still waiting for your fat city data on Jake. And I'll be hounding you until you deliver on UR claim that his success is due to AGONE.
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE]

that will never happen because he is a full timeJERK!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from stormcrow7878. Show stormcrow7878's posts

Wow, for once I have to agree with Softy... the HR derby, does not mess up a players swing, that is just a silly urban baseball legend.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sundvl20. Show sundvl20's posts

I totally agree with harness. That competition has jacked many a swing up "TEMPORARILY'

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tbrod. Show tbrod's posts

OH? So we're almost into September and finally AGon gets going. He had 18 at the break.
    The Homerun Derby "jinx" is a fact.
     Softlaw, stick to knocking Jacoby, with your moronic unending posts.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Did harness ever say it messed up his swing forever? For 2 months? For one month?

Funny thing: the silly clown calling for someone to get banned.

softy never lets facts and data get in the way.

Just follow his Wake bashing trail for an idea of his complete lack of knowing or understanding data.

First (2008), he said Wake's WHIP was too high. He actually used to value WHIP more than ERA, until he realized it severely hurt his "Wake stinks" argument. Now, he never uses WHIP to bash or judge.

Later, he said Wake walks way too many batters. When confronted with the fact that he has walked less batters per 9 IP (2.3) than any other Sox starter from 2010-2011. (Softy's Wake bashing timeframe of choice) Now, he never uses BB/9 to bash or judge. 

Then, he went after the fact that Wake allowed runners to steal bases too easily (this fater saying SBs are over-rated in the Jake debate). Fact is, Wake has the lowest SB% against than any other Sox starter this year. Now, he never uses SB% to bash or judge.

Afterwards, he said Wake has gotten worse as he aged. When confronted with the fact that Wake's worst years were from ages 29-33 (the normal prime years). Crickets. He got better afterwards, not worse. When confronted with the fact that his best 50 start stretch of his career came after age 41, YES, AFTER AGE 41, softy clings to one stat: ERA since Wake's back surgery. (Remember, softy wanted Wake to retire or be DFA'd before that 50 start strecth of very good pitching (2008 to mid 2009. 

Following this botched approach, softy challeneged me to find other MLB starters with 5.00+ ERA that are still around. His argument being that teams cut all starters with ERAs over 5 for 2 years combined. I found and posted the list of 33 such starters. (about one per team) He never even responded to my response to his challenge. I then went further, and showed how almost every team that has gone to the World Series since 2004, has had one or more of their top 5 starters (by games started) on their roster. Again, crickets...

One argument he has stuck with right from day one (the day after the 2007 season that Wake went 17-12), is that Wake has prevented great young prospects from getting a chance to prove themselves. Well, like I said, from 2008-mid 2009, Wake (as our 5th starter) pitched like a 2/3 starter and held nobody back. If anybody did, it was Penny, Smoltz, Colon, Byrd, Dice-K among others. After mid -2009, I asked "who did he hold back?" Crickets. This spring, softy answered: "Doubront" when he was on the DL. He also said, "Miller" at the time he had almost as many BBs as IP in AAA. After Theo called up Weiland, he said "Weiland". Weiland only started 2 games: one good: one very bad. Again, Wake has not been the 5th or worse than 5th starter this year, Lackey, Miller, Aceves, and Weiland have been. He really thinks the Sox have this magical great prospect being held back. If that's true, why did we go get Bedard?

It's come down to this for data:

Potato Salad.
    Flopping Old Man.
    Good Ole Boy.
    ERA over 5.00 since mid 2009.

Bashing, hating, lying, distorting, gloating his revisionist positions, and utter idiocy.

Silly clown.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

The Curse of the Abreu!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

danny, has it happened?

Is Miller now higher than Wake on Tito's chart after just one really good start?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

His latest is his best, Moon. He starts this idiotic thread to divert the fact I called him out on his latest Jake bashing. He is crediting AGONE for Jake's success.
    He claims to have done some high-tech research from 2009-11 exposing the fact Ellsbury is now getting a steady diet of "fat-city" FB's to hit.

He has no where left to hide, so he starts this thread to divert the fact he knows damn well I won't let up until he
    1) produces the data he claims he researched
    2) admits he was lying (lots of luck on that one)
    3) leaves the board, likely via another ban, then returns in complete denial of the pertinent subject matter.

You call it: 1, 2, or 3.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Yeah, I heard the maniac drivel.

I choose #4. He'll divert and never respond to the actual point. He'll attack you for a wrong position from a year ago as some kind of twisted "logical" argument that proves he's right...because you were wrong about an unrelated issue 10 months ago.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from S0ftl@w. Show S0ftl@w's posts

Harnut, you claimed you had researched the issue. You never provided one iota of research. You then claime that I had no reserach and pretend that I need to share my research with you.

Admit you don't have a clue, claiming AGon would still be selling tickets in San Diego this spring. And claiming magic fingers varitek is voodoo for pitchers and using anecdotal "evidence".

And, your fellow stooge who said the Rays weren't going away needs to volunteer for hurricane relief and stop posting stat snipets about Wastefield. Miller, if given the chance, along with other young pitchers if given WAstefield's innings, have more potential than Wastefield has in his paunched belly.

Moonslow has been bashing Miller all year, about WHIP, after his "Team wins when Wakefield pitches and ERA" wasn't working anymore.

I'd like for fellow Red Sox fans to stop being intimidated with PC nonsense and demand Wakefield not be offered a MLB contract in 2012! Don't be scared of the two board bullies! Make it be known that you want the 5 plus ERA stop taking away innings from young pitchers now need experience and opportunity more than "a couple of bad starts and send him back to AAA" nonsense! Send Wakefield to Tampa!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I choose #4. He'll divert and never respond to the actual point. He'll attack you for a wrong position from a year ago as some kind of twisted "logical" argument that proves he's right...because you were wrong about an unrelated issue 10 months ago.

Admit you don't have a clue, claiming AGon would still be selling tickets in San Diego this spring. And claiming magic fingers varitek is voodoo for pitchers and using anecdotal "evidence".

harness, I win. The answer was #4.

Now, what's your take on his answer about TB being a hitter's park?

1) They changed the air curculation after Lugo left. Now the air blows in not out.

2) I never said that, you did!

3) I'm new here, but I have read everything softlaw ever wrote, he has never been wrong.

4) You said TB would not go away. You said TB would never go away. You said TB would never go away. You said...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

In Response to Re: Someone Please Ban The Poster Droning about the Homerun Derby Voodoo Spell!:
    [QUOTE]Harnut, you claimed you had researched the issue. You never provided one iota of research. You then claime that I had no reserach and pretend that I need to share my research with you. Admit you don't have a clue, claiming AGon would still be selling tickets in San Diego this spring. And claiming magic fingers varitek is voodoo for pitchers and using anecdotal "evidence". And, your fellow stooge who said the Rays weren't going away needs to volunteer for hurricane relief and stop posting stat snipets about Wastefield. Miller, if given the chance, along with other young pitchers if given WAstefield's innings, have more potential than Wastefield has in his paunched belly. Moonslow has been bashing Miller all year, about WHIP, after his "Team wins when Wakefield pitches and ERA" wasn't working anymore. I'd like for fellow Red Sox fans to stop being intimidated with PC nonsense and demand Wakefield not be offered a MLB contract in 2012! Don't be scared of the two board bullies! Make it be known that you want the 5 plus ERA stop taking away innings from young pitchers now need experience and opportunity more than "a couple of bad starts and send him back to AAA" nonsense! Send Wakefield to Tampa!
    Posted by S0ftl@w[/QUOTE]

You are becoming more absurd with each post. I never said I researched your claim, loon. Why would I? You brought it up.

Where is this compelling data you claim to have researched from 2009-2011? Why the circus act? Just post the data!!! You say Jake's success this year is due to AGONE. Here's UR chance to back up the claim.

I say it's a hollow boast. Same hot air that inflates UR supposed baseball acumen.
    Prove me wrong.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

And claiming magic fingers varitek is voodoo for pitchers and using anecdotal "evidence"

10 years of hard data:

each pitcher with Vtek vs each pitcher with "the other guy"
    each year

same results every year.

"must be voodoo" is what anecdotal evidence is clown.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from S0ftl@w. Show S0ftl@w's posts

Soxmeister gets it, which must scare you, Harnut. You claimed to have done research to refute my claims. You didn't do any reserach at all. Pretty obvious to the few posters who admit the difference AGon has made for the tail on a team that has lacked a true superstar slugger since Ortiz started complaining about it back in 2008.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Lying low-life. Show the data, fool. You made the claim about Jake, UR latest desperation. Show the data or admit to the fabrication.

What's one more?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Hey this is a very entertaining thread... the only thing I am getting out of it though is the fact harness thinks the homerun derby forever ruined AGon as a homerun hitter.'

"Too many post A.S. derby funks to call it a coincidence at this point." Senor harness

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

He slowed on manufacturing data of late after being schooled over and over.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Sniffing glue forever ruined your ability to read a post. You misrepresent as well as the clown who started this drivel.
    Figures you'd find this entertaining. Must be nice to see UR pathetic mentor start a thread about me...instead of you.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Hey your a polpular guy around here, with 18,000 posts you should expect to be the center of the forum universe.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]Hey your a polpular guy around here, with 18,000 posts you should expect to be the center of the forum universe.
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

Yeah. My "polpularity" is reaching new heights.
    Like "polp fiction".

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

damn it! WTH is spellcheck not working... I rely on it.