Someone please tell me why some of you actually claim to be fans. Please!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrkite74. Show mrkite74's posts

Someone please tell me why some of you actually claim to be fans. Please!

Some people on this board really need to think about their lives a bit.  Are you that miserable that all you can do is bash everyone on the team you are supposedly a fan of, from Feb until October every year.  If they suck so bad and doomed for last place, why do you follow it or even bother to watch?  Move to Pitt or KC see what is really like to have a perrennial cellar dwellar.  Seriously it really is ridiculous.  Get a life guys it is just baseball at the end of the day.  You all claim to know more than the fromt office yet most of you windbags probably clean offices for a living.   You all should maybe wait a month or two before all the doom and gloom start no?   What happened to being positive before spring training?

For the real fans, I say let's see what happens this year and hope they turn it around, which I truly believe they will.    I am sure if they do it will still not be good enough for most posters here.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Re: Someone please tell me why some of you actually claim to be fans. Please!

pike

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Great thread.  I'm waiting with bated breath for post 18.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Calzone67 or was it 76? And now the number 74. Hmmmmm...... I think Rutland had a number to.... the plot thickens.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

In response to mrkite74's comment:

Some people on this board really need to think about their lives a bit.  Are you that miserable that all you can do is bash everyone on the team you are supposedly a fan of, from Feb until October every year.  If they suck so bad and doomed for last place, why do you follow it or even bother to watch?  Move to Pitt or KC see what is really like to have a perrennial cellar dwellar.  Seriously it really is ridiculous.  Get a life guys it is just baseball at the end of the day.  You all claim to know more than the fromt office yet most of you windbags probably clean offices for a living.   You all should maybe wait a month or two before all the doom and gloom start no?   What happened to being positive before spring training?

For the real fans, I say let's see what happens this year and hope they turn it around, which I truly believe they will.    I am sure if they do it will still not be good enough for most posters here.  

The Pirates OUTBID the Yankees for Russell Martin.  LOL

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

this thread is as dumb as the sox free agent signings

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Because I love my Red Sox.....  A fan since 1954 .......  And with the good leadership of Mr. Al Gore, this board allows me to voice my opinion, manage, and general manage too.....  FUN, FUN, FUN, till the "BIG O" takes the board away !!!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from seabeachfred. Show seabeachfred's posts

In response to georom4's comment:

this thread is as dumb as the sox free agent signings

Maybe I picked the wrong day to return to this board Georom.  There seems to be a lot of angry posters here.  What the h#ll gives?  Look, some Red Sox fans are very tolerant and are willing to give the front office room to maneuver even if it means a bad season or two.  Others want the team to contend every year if they can.  Let's respect  theright of each poster to state their case and not be subject to a personal attack.  Especially now when hope springs eternal in the Spring a little positive  thinking interspersed with some doubt should do us all just fine.  And will someone get Pike in line for once?

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to carnie's comment:

pike

Man if it is, he dusted off a real old moniker. Take a look at that first post date.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

90 post and counting in one day, lol

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"JimDavis was but couldn't take it anymore.. He hated negativity."

Remind us why you are still here since you hate it so much? The forum is so much better without your "true fan loyalty tests."

MIght I recommend talksox.com? I think that board would suit you a lot better. Well, actually no because I don't think you could have your 25 aliases there and you wouldn't get to lecture people from your high-and-mighty "true fan" perch - which is what you truly crave. I can recall you actually posting baseball content about five times since I started in 2009. You're trolling, simple as that. 

I know you can't stand or understand nuance but I'm actually looking forward to the year. I find the team a little bland but I'm willing to let the moves playout. I think some of the happy talk you linked to about how good the Red Sox are going to be this year severly overrated our starting pitching, which I believe is our weak link. But yeah - I think we could have a very good season and I'm looking forward to it. 

I'd be shocked if we won a championship though. You don't seriously believe this is a championship level team do you? I'd be happy and surprised with a deep playoff run. This looks to me like a multi-year rebuilding in terms of a championship level team Las Vegas is predicting 80 wins and a fourth place AL East finish. I could see 85 wins and a second to third place finish, maybe a wild card....

But yeah, I would prefer to have my expectations shattered in a good way. I loved both the championship seasons. Doesn't mean I have to love our embarassing collapse and Valentine's idiiotic tenure which brought shame to our franchise. Doesn't mean I have to like the ownership group's condescending PR babble to fans and selling Fenway bricks and all that. 

I stil hope we win. And i'm happier when we do. 

I know you won't be able to wrap your head around this post, it's far too nuanced for you, but give it a shot. 

p.s. speaking of Fenway how is Fenway Jimmy doing? LadyLake?

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

Pike, I didn't know KC and Pitt were spending over 150 million a year to stay in the cellar.

ok... What is your price to stay in the cellar. How much money wins you a world series ? If it was about the money ,would the highest payroll win every year. Would you rather spend 300 Mil and finish in second. ? Henry can spend his millions any way he feels fit.Seems like it bothers you more then it does him.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

In response to mrkite74's comment:
    [QUOTE]

/QUOTE]

Sir it is not that they are or are not fans. It is all about the peronality of New Englanders. Most NE's have a "WOE IS ME"  culture they ome from.

"Nothing is ever as good as it seems and everything is worse than it actually is."                       This should be the motto of most RedSox fans