someone send that baby girardi a waaaaaaaambulance.........

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

someone send that baby girardi a waaaaaaaambulance.........

Both dugouts emptied briefly after the first inning, when Showalter angrily exchanged words with Girardi after the Yankees manager yelled at Baltimore third base coach Bobby Dickerson, accusing him of stealing signs. Showalter had to be restrained by home plate umpire Ed Hickox as he charged onto the field.

Girardi refused to go into specifics about what set him off, saying only, "The one thing that I've done, the whole time that I'm here, and everywhere I've been, is I'm going to protect our players at all lengths. That's what I'm going to do, and there was something that I saw and I'm just going to leave it at that."

Dickerson, who said he had never been berated like that by an opposing manager, said he heard Girardi chirping from the dugout from the start of bottom of the first. Girardi had moved from the end of the bench close to the plate to the end of the dugout nearest third base by the time the inning had ended.

"Immediately, like right when I got to third base," Dickerson said. "I didn't hear him at first. I heard something and as I looked at the dugout, he was right there yelling at me from the far end. And I was running off the field, something else was said. And after that it was over."

But not before a red-faced Showalter bolted from the first-base dugout, gesturing angrily and shouting at Girardi before being held at bay by Hickox. Girardi followed from the third-base dugout in calmer fashion as players from both teams spilled onto the field.

"It strikes a chord in me and I stand accused," Showalter said.

Once order was restored -- and both benches were issued a warning about any retaliatory measures -- television cameras showed Showalter shaking his head and glaring at Girardi from the Orioles dugout.

"Two competitive good teams and we're fighting for the same thing, so there's a small margin for error. ... But Bobby's not giving pitches," Showalter said.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

Re: someone send that baby girardi a waaaaaaaambulance.........

In response to slasher9's comment:

Both dugouts emptied briefly after the first inning, when Showalter angrily exchanged words with Girardi after the Yankees manager yelled at Baltimore third base coach Bobby Dickerson, accusing him of stealing signs. Showalter had to be restrained by home plate umpire Ed Hickox as he charged onto the field.

Girardi refused to go into specifics about what set him off, saying only, "The one thing that I've done, the whole time that I'm here, and everywhere I've been, is I'm going to protect our players at all lengths. That's what I'm going to do, and there was something that I saw and I'm just going to leave it at that."

Dickerson, who said he had never been berated like that by an opposing manager, said he heard Girardi chirping from the dugout from the start of bottom of the first. Girardi had moved from the end of the bench close to the plate to the end of the dugout nearest third base by the time the inning had ended.

"Immediately, like right when I got to third base," Dickerson said. "I didn't hear him at first. I heard something and as I looked at the dugout, he was right there yelling at me from the far end. And I was running off the field, something else was said. And after that it was over."

But not before a red-faced Showalter bolted from the first-base dugout, gesturing angrily and shouting at Girardi before being held at bay by Hickox. Girardi followed from the third-base dugout in calmer fashion as players from both teams spilled onto the field.

Once order was restored -- and both benches were issued a warning about any retaliatory measures -- television cameras showed Showalter shaking his head and glaring at Girardi from the Orioles dugout.

"Two competitive good teams and we're fighting for the same thing, so there's a small margin for error. ... But Bobby's not giving pitches," Showalter said.

I put Joe girardi in the same type of class as the guy he replaced. Joe Torre. Joe's not stupid man. He obviously saw something and took that 3rd base coach to task. as for Buck? I think that Girardi would have knocked knocked his teeth down his throat.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to Hammah29r2's comment:

In response to slasher9's comment:

[QUOTE]

I put Joe girardi in the same type of class as the guy he replaced. Joe Torre. Joe's not stupid man. He obviously saw something and took that 3rd base coach to task. as for Buck? I think that Girardi would have knocked knocked his teeth down his throat.

[/QUOTE]

Id pay to see it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

I dont see why hes so steamed about sign stealing anyway. Everybody does it, including his team, and if you think its being done just change the sign. Very simple. I never have got why these guys act so indignant when they think sign stealing is going on.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

I dont see why hes so steamed about sign stealing anyway. Everybody does it, including his team, and if you think its being done just change the sign. Very simple. I never have got why these guys act so indignant when they think sign stealing is going on.

Same reason he said the ball's a weapon when arod was hit.  Last I looked the yanks have hit batters under girardi's watch.  I guess the ball isn't a weapon when a yank pitcher throws it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

He's trying to get his team fired up, nothing more.

As with the nutty "think of the children' speech, he's just trying to instill a little "us against the world" buzz, in the clubhouse.

It's kind of fun to see the Yankees so desperate.

I love the smell of asphalt in the morning.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

I look forward to seeing the Yankees play in Toronto next Tuesday evening. Before the season started neither team expected to be in this position in September.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to 67redsox's comment:

Same reason he said the ball's a weapon when arod was hit.  Last I looked the yanks have hit batters under girardi's watch.  I guess the ball isn't a weapon when a yank pitcher throws it.

Duh, every team has hit batters, just like every team strikes out. .And, they do it alot less than RS pitchers, as previously discussed, or you would have seen an incident last weekend. But in reality, that wasn't necessary, since the NYY players were protected via all the hoopla a while back. Weak, and as you would say, disappointing.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Honestly, I like Girardi better than Showalter.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:

[QUOTE]

Duh, every team has hit batters, just like every team strikes out. .And, they do it alot less than RS pitchers, as previously discussed, or you would have seen an incident last weekend. Weak, and as you would say, disappointing.

[/QUOTE]

Nah. I was satisfied with his answer.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Duh, every team has hit batters, just like every team strikes out. .And, they do it alot less than RS pitchers, as previously discussed, or you would have seen an incident last weekend. Weak, and as you would say, disappointing.

Separate issues, except for the whiny part; I agree with you that Girardi had no business being steamed over an attempt to steal signs; if he thinks it's happening, change em on the fly; that shouldn't be so hard for a MLB team; this has been done in baseball since the 1800s.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Duplicate

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Separate issues, except for the whiny part; I agree with you that Girardi had no business being steamed over an attempt to steal signs; if he thinks it's happening, change em on the fly; that shouldn't be so hard for a MLB team; this has been done in baseball since the 1800s.

Al Leiter and Bill Ripken did a fantastic job on mlb network last night explaining how signs work, how theyre stolen, and how they can be changed. I learned a lot of things I didnt know there. When the pitcher wipes his glove on his chest or thigh it usually means they are chagning signs. Ive seen pitchers do that, and knew it meant something, but never gave it much thought. Ripken also said that usually when the mgr is sitting there giving signs, he may not even be the one giving it, may just be a decoy. Often another coach is sitting behind him in the dugout giving the real signs by using some normal activity that doesnt look like any kind of sign. If his arms are crossed it means steal, if he looks down it means throw over and etc. It was very intracate and often complicated. Very interesting presentation.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Al Leiter and Bill Ripken did a fantastic job on mlb network last night explaining how signs work, how theyre stolen, and how they can be changed. I learned a lot of things I didnt know there. When the pitcher wipes his glove on his chest or thigh it usually means they are chagning signs. Ive seen pitchers do that, and knew it meant something, but never gave it much thought. Ripken also said that usually when the mgr is sitting there giving signs, he may not even be the one giving it, may just be a decoy. Often another coach is sitting behind him in the dugout giving the real signs by using some normal activity that doesnt look like any kind of sign. If his arms are crossed it means steal, if he looks down it means throw over and etc. It was very intracate and often complicated. Very interesting presentation.

I've heard some of that before, and from what I understand that appears to have only been a primer; it's even more involved than that.

Speaking of announcers, watched the MLB feed the last 2 nights of the NYY-Os; Jim Palmer is terrific; he's very smart, detailed, objective, informed, and when he's a homer, he makes it clear he is. He reminds me of Cone on YES, except Cone can't touch him.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

I've heard some of that before, and from what I understand that appears to have only been a primer; it's even more involved than that.

Speaking of announcers, watched the MLB feed the last 2 nights of the NYY-Os; Jim Palmer is terrific; he's very smart, detailed, objective, informed, and when he's a homer, he makes it clear he is. He reminds me of Cone on YES, except Cone can't touch him.

Yeah, I like Palmer. Dempsey is a jerk though. A couple years ago he filled in for Remy and sat there and basically ripped the Sox in several inuendos, said he hoped Ortiz would try to score on a certain play because he was slow and the Orioles could throw him out, etc. Orsillo acted like he couldnt believe some of the stuff Dempsey was saying, and tried to be cordial. Dempsey didnt last the game, he was out of there by the middle innings. Id like to know the story there.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Yeah, I like Palmer. Dempsey is a jerk though. A couple years ago he filled in for Remy and sat there and basically ripped the Sox in several inuendos, said he hoped Ortiz would try to score on a certain play because he was slow and the Orioles could throw him out, etc. Orsillo acted like he couldnt believe some of the stuff Dempsey was saying, and tried to be cordial. Dempsey didnt last the game, he was out of there by the middle innings. Id like to know the story there.

I know about Dempsey, and agree

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

Duh, every team has hit batters, just like every team strikes out. .And, they do it alot less than RS pitchers, as previously discussed, or you would have seen an incident last weekend. But in reality, that wasn't necessary, since the NYY players were protected via all the hoopla a while back. Weak, and as you would say, disappointing.

You missed my point steven.  If girardi thinks that the ball is a weapon that could seriously hurt someone then he should forbid his pitches from hitting batters, any batters, all batters.  

He doesn't so that means he only thinks the ball is a weapon when his players get hit and not when his pitchers hit other batters.

The guy was manipulating the situation to fire his team up and the same can be said about the scene at camden yards.  As others have said it smacks of desperation.

I know the sox have hit more yanks than the other way around.  As I have said many times I don't like it when a batter gets hit but since the sox don't care what I think I don't have much say in the matterWink

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to LloydDobler's comment:

Honestly, I like Girardi better than Showalter.

Don't like either one, I did like torre

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

You missed my point steven.  If girardi thinks that the ball is a weapon that could seriously hurt someone then he should forbid his pitches from hitting batters, any batters, all batters.  

He doesn't so that means he only thinks the ball is a weapon when his players get hit and not when his pitchers hit other batters.

The guy was manipulating the situation to fire his team up and the same can be said about the scene at camden yards.  As others have said it smacks of desperation.

I know the sox have hit more yanks than the other way around.  As I have said many times I don't like it when a batter gets hit but since the sox don't care what I think I don't have much say in the matterWink

No, I got your point, admittedly, he's a melodramatic whiner. But it gives others free license to jump into all kinds of loosely related melodramatic conclusions. And while Girardi started it in Balt, it was Showalter who lost it. Here's guessing if the circumstances were reversed you would see different nonsense here.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I have to listen to them since the O's games on mlb are blacked out.  Can't stand dempsey!!!!  Sometimes it gets so bad I have to mute him and listen to the radio on my laptop. Imho dempsey and the hawk are the two worst announcers on tv.

I'm suprised they even let him sit in for remy, the guy makes it clear that he is a sox hater.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

[QUOTE]

No, I got your point, admittedly, he's a melodramatic whiner. But it gives others free license to jump into all kinds of loosely related melodramatic conclusions.

I think my conclusions are spot on but then again I would!

[/QUOTE]

Wow steven, you are in a bad mood today!  I guess I would feel the same way if the situations were reversed.

I'm on vacation right now so I have to sign off because the beach is looking good and my husband is bugging me to get ready Wink

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

No, I got your point, admittedly, he's a melodramatic whiner. But it gives others free license to jump into all kinds of loosely related melodramatic conclusions. And while Girardi started it in Balt, it was Showalter who lost it. Here's guessing if the circumstances were reversed you would see different nonsense here.

So sorry that we keep disappointing you.

Not really...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to ThefourBs's comment:

So sorry that we keep disappointing you.

Not really...

Actually, you're rather predictable.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

No, I got your point, admittedly, he's a melodramatic whiner. But it gives others free license to jump into all kinds of loosely related melodramatic conclusions.

I think my conclusions are spot on but then again I would!

Wow steven, you are in a bad mood today!  I guess I would feel the same way if the situations were reversed.

I'm on vacation right now so I have to sign off because the beach is looking good and my husband is bugging me to get ready Wink

Nice try; as I'm fairly certain you know, I would feel the same way about these obtuse comments regardless of the standings. For evidence, you can check the cluster of threads I started praising this yr's Sox (recall this wk you claiming I sound like a RS fan) and sporadic comments denigrating the current NYY team.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to hill55's comment:

I look forward to seeing the Yankees play in Toronto next Tuesday evening. Before the season started neither team expected to be in this position in September.

I expected the Yanks to be in 1st or 2nd this year. What did you expect?

Sections
Shortcuts