Something missing??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from scottwad. Show scottwad's posts

Something missing??

While Buck and McCarver we not actually that bad last night (no radio last night), I find it a little strange that Sam Berns and Carl Yaz got not airtime whatsoever. I was also funny when the jets flew overhead you could not see them. My son asked what the noise was. Another brilliant FOX broadcast.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Re: Something missing??

In response to user_4151996's comment:

While Buck and McCarver we not actually that bad last night (no radio last night), I find it a little strange that Sam Berns and Carl Yaz got not airtime whatsoever. I was also funny when the jets flew overhead you could not see them. My son asked what the noise was. Another brilliant FOX broadcast.

Yeah, besides McCarver's "The Tiger's should have won Lester's last start", he was almost tolerable.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

Mccarver is a buffoon.

following along with me for a moment..

top 4th.

after the BB to Jay, Mccarver states "thats why you dont throw a 2-2 breaking ball".

the VERY NEXT batter strikes out swinging on a 2-2 breaking pitch and Mccarver states "thats a great pitch right there".

THE NEXT BATTER...it wasnt like it was a couple innings later...or even a couple batters later.  lol.

i am done with him.  he needs to be put out of his misery....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:

Mccarver is a buffoon.

following along with me for a moment..

top 4th.

after the BB to Jay Mccarver states "thats why you dont throw a 2-2 breaking ball".

the VERY NEXT batter strikes out swinging on a 2-2 breaking pitch and Mccarver states "thats a great pitch right there".

THE NEXT BATTER...it wasnt like it was a couple innings later...or even a couple batters later.  lol.

i am done with him.  he needs to be put out of his misery....

My gf pointed that out last night.

The guy is a maroon.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

It's never too early to introduce children to flying war machines.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

The guy is a maroon.

dang, she's a keeper.  Marry that girl!!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

The guy is a maroon.

dang, she's a keeper.  Marry that girl!!!!

She's a bigger baseball fanatic than anyone I know.

She is a keeper.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

In response to LagunaJose's comment:

Yaz shuns interviews and hates being in the spotlight. He is an introvert.  He is, I think.  That's fine, it's not a value judgement in any way.  I reckon it wasn't easy for him to throw out the first ball, but I hope he enjoyed it.  He deserves it if that's what he wanted.  I think/hope he also thought it might please his adoring fans.   Flying the jets over Fenway in the darkness was a waste of taxpayer money.  Do taxpayers really pay for such nonsense?  If so, it's an outrage.  Let the team owners pay for it if they want it....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from illinoisredsox. Show illinoisredsox's posts

In response to SonicsMonksLyresVicars' comment:

Flying the jets over Fenway in the darkness was a waste of taxpayer money.  Do taxpayers really pay for such nonsense?  If so, it's an outrage.  Let the team owners pay for it if they want it....

While I am all for saving taxpayer dollars wherever possible, consider this.  Those  pilots are on salary and they have to train x hours a week/month/whatever.  Formation flying is part of training.  Formation flying in the dark is part of training.  Do you really want AF or Navy pilots scrambling in a real emergency having not flown anytime recently?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

In response to illinoisredsox's comment:

In response to SonicsMonksLyresVicars' comment:

Flying the jets over Fenway in the darkness was a waste of taxpayer money.  Do taxpayers really pay for such nonsense?  If so, it's an outrage.  Let the team owners pay for it if they want it....

While I am all for saving taxpayer dollars wherever possible, consider this.  Those  pilots are on salary and they have to train x hours a week/month/whatever.  Formation flying is part of training.  Formation flying in the dark is part of training.  Do you really want AF or Navy pilots scrambling in a real emergency having not flown anytime recently?

These days flying hours are precious because they are so expensive.  Why waste them on something as easy as a flyover, especially one that the fans can't see? 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Agree, they were endurable, bordering on fair. Although agreeing in principle with the umpiring call in the first, they did appear to bristle slightly that the umpires met and overturned, "opening pandora's box", as Buck called it--ridiculous, and a clearly St. Louis viewpoint. I also wondered about Yaz and also noticed the flyover. Just Fox being Fox.

Sections
Shortcuts