Something strange with Clay?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Something strange with Clay?

I didn't see the game last night and decided to read an article about Jacobys "walk off" HR.  Apparently Jacoby had been interviews and was joking about the horror of facing his entire team again when rounding 3B, because they were ready to whoop on him again.  During the same interview Jacoby mentioned he and Clay had taken a tumble to the ground during the "nights prior" celebration.

Two questions for everyone:

#1 Wouldn't you think management should restrict Clay from taking part in such a celebration due to his present condition?  I felt this was quite strange

#2 Do you think maybe Clay is healthier than what's been written and the Sox could be resting him a bit longer before the PS?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from thewags. Show thewags's posts

Re: Something strange with Clay?

Yeah its a very interesting thought. Not having ever suffered from a stress fracture in my back before, I am curious what the range of mobility is, and exactly what it is whast aggravates it. It seems to me, too, that this kind of behavior reflects a different report than the doctors have given. Certainly makes you wonder.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Re: Something strange with Clay?:
    [QUOTE]Yeah its a very interesting thought. Not having ever suffered from a stress fracture in my back before, I am curious what the range of mobility is, and exactly what it is whast aggravates it. It seems to me, too, that this kind of behavior reflects a different report than the doctors have given. Certainly makes you wonder.
    Posted by thewags[/QUOTE]

I would think a fall to the ground wouldn't help right wags? 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from thewags. Show thewags's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Something strange with Clay? : I would think a fall to the ground wouldn't help right wags? 
    Posted by craze4sox[/QUOTE]

Right you are!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

I didnt see clay deep in the mix of the celebration last night..He was on the outside of the pile I believe..Tito prob had a word with him the night before..I understand the excitment but he needs to contain himself somewhat.....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]I didnt see clay deep in the mix of the celebration last night..He was on the outside of the pile I believe..Tito prob had a word with him the night before..I understand the excitment but he needs to contain himself somewhat.....
    Posted by southpaw777[/QUOTE]

This is one part of the game I would like to see a bit more low key.  I fully support and understand celebrating but after what happened to "Kendy Morales" you never know what may happen.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

I hear ya craze..I cringed when Ells did that spin jump at the plate..I know its tough, but just dont jump into home on a walk-off..

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ---TheBabe----------------. Show ---TheBabe----------------'s posts

In Response to Something strange with Clay?:
    [QUOTE]I didn't see the game last night and decided to read an article about Jacobys "walk off" HR.  Apparently Jacoby had been interviews and was joking about the horror of facing his entire team again when rounding 3B, because they were ready to whoop on him again.  During the same interview Jacoby mentioned he and Clay had taken a tumble to the ground during the "nights prior" celebration. Two questions for everyone: #1 Wouldn't you think management should restrict Clay from taking part in such a celebration due to his present condition?  I felt this was quite strange #2 Do you think maybe Clay is healthier than what's been written and the Sox could be resting him a bit longer before the PS?

Not a shot. There's no way that the sawx are resting him for the playoffs.

Sorry craze but this is just dumb.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Diamondtalk. Show Diamondtalk's posts

Ludicrous to think Buchholz is being held back.    In reality, his back issues are what they are.     If he were being held back, he'd still have to be pitching at least in Pawtucket so he could maintain his arm strength.    

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Something strange with Clay? : Not a shot. There's no way that the sawx are resting him for the playoffs. Sorry craze but this is just dumb.
    Posted by ---TheBabe----------------[/QUOTE]

Well the Sox certainly don't seem to be protecting him from further harm.  Thats not too bright either, restrictions are normally pretty cut and dry.  I'm pretty sure jumping and/or falling to the ground should be on that list.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jamesey271975. Show jamesey271975's posts

Good point. 

Lets order him a bouncy castle and inflatable sumo suit so he can hang out and relax while his back is bothering him. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]Ludicrous to think Buchholz is being held back.    In reality, his back issues are what they are.     If he were being held back, he'd still have to be pitching at least in Pawtucket so he could maintain his arm strength.    
    Posted by Diamondtalk[/QUOTE]

All I'm saying is we could be resting him a bit before bringing him back which is why we grabbed Bedard.  Clay may have needed more time but the injury in question may not be season ending as reported.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ---TheBabe----------------. Show ---TheBabe----------------'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Something strange with Clay? : All I'm saying is we could be resting him a bit before bringing him back which is why we grabbed Bedard.  Clay may have needed more time but the injury in question may not be season ending as reported.

Nope, this is just wishful thinking from a sawx fan. He's not coming back this season.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Something strange with Clay? : All I'm saying is we could be resting him a bit before bringing him back which is why we grabbed Bedard.  Clay may have needed more time but the injury in question may not be season ending as reported.

He could be back in October..But seriously dont count on anything more than maybe a couple innings out of the BP..If even that..

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

was it old video or did I see Clay throwing on the field and pitching in the bullpen at a slower speed just to keep his arm strength? this was on last nites nesn daily I think.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenMonster1964. Show GreenMonster1964's posts

On a similar note, the first night, I swear I saw Papelbon throwing a punch to Jacoby's ribs......did anybody else see that or I imagining it?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ---TheBabe----------------. Show ---TheBabe----------------'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Something strange with Clay? : He could be back in October..But seriously dont count on anything more than maybe a couple innings out of the BP..If even that..

Posted by southpaw777[/QUOTE]

Treatment for this injury is 6 weeks of rest and then they begin physical therapy. After physical therapy he would have to start building back up his arm strength, most indications are that would take about 3 weeks. He wouldn't have any minor league games to play in, so it would be all simulated games. And that's barring any setbacks. The likelihood of him making it back this year is not very good.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Something strange with Clay? : Treatment for this injury is 6 weeks of rest and then they begin physical therapy. After physical therapy he would have to start building back up his arm strength, most indications are that would take about 3 weeks. He wouldn't have any minor league games to play in, so it would be all simulated games. And that's barring any setbacks. The likelihood of him making it back this year is not very good.

I agree..Thats why I said a couple inning out of the pen..If even that..Bottom line is dont count on Clay this year..anything we get from him in 2011 is a bonus IMO..

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Something strange with Clay? : Treatment for this injury is 6 weeks of rest and then they begin physical therapy. After physical therapy he would have to start building back up his arm strength, most indications are that would take about 3 weeks. He wouldn't have any minor league games to play in, so it would be all simulated games. And that's barring any setbacks. The likelihood of him making it back this year is not very good.

Again Babe, then why is he jumping up and down/falling during these celebrations.  Something just doesn't fit well if he has this type of back injury.  I seriously doubt our management forgot to tell, or would allow Clay to do this.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from WE5NUTS. Show WE5NUTS's posts

Didn't they say there is no timetable for his return?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ---TheBabe----------------. Show ---TheBabe----------------'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Something strange with Clay? :  Didn't they say there is no timetable for his return?

Posted by WE5NUTS[/QUOTE]

It doesn't matter what they "say".

This is the normal treatment and rehab for this type of injury. So, unless buch is Superman or something, one would think this would be the case with him as well.

But, hey, you guys are allowed to wish and hope all you want.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ---TheBabe----------------. Show ---TheBabe----------------'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Something strange with Clay? : Again Babe, then why is he jumping up and down/falling during these celebrations.  Something just doesn't fit well if he has this type of back injury.  I seriously doubt our management forgot to tell, or would allow Clay to do this.

LOL.....you are talking about the red flops medical staff, they don't have the best track record. They put ellsbury back out there last year with broken ribs.....how'd that work out? How about pedroia last year?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

Clay's back is already healing.   His problem will be no minor league games for rehab.   He could be back in a limited role, like the pen, but he won't start again this year.    We don't need him, we have Miller Tongue out

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In Response to Something strange with Clay?:
    [QUOTE]I didn't see the game last night and decided to read an article about Jacobys "walk off" HR.  Apparently Jacoby had been interviews and was joking about the horror of facing his entire team again when rounding 3B, because they were ready to whoop on him again.  During the same interview Jacoby mentioned he and Clay had taken a tumble to the ground during the "nights prior" celebration. Two questions for everyone: #1 Wouldn't you think management should restrict Clay from taking part in such a celebration due to his present condition?  I felt this was quite strange #2 Do you think maybe Clay is healthier than what's been written and the Sox could be resting him a bit longer before the PS?
    Posted by craze4sox[/QUOTE]Craze, watching the replay of JEll's jack, you see Buchholz bails pretty quickly this time....http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?c_id=mlb&content_id=17627269&topic_id=20153058

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Something strange with Clay? : Craze, watching the replay of JEll's jack, you see Buchholz bails pretty quickly this time.... http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?c_id=mlb&content_id=17627269&topic_id=20153058
    Posted by jete02fan[/QUOTE]

I didn't see it jete but thanks, it just seemed a bit strange the Sox wouldn't have set better ground rules before now.