Something strange with Clay?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Re: Something strange with Clay?

In Response to Re: Something strange with Clay?:
    In Response to Re: Something strange with Clay? :  Didn't they say there is no timetable for his return?
    Posted by WE5NUTS

They did WE5,

The way other injuries have played aout across the league nothing would surprise me at this point.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

at least he was there... how many of you criticized some ex-players or current for not being around when they were on the DL?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

at least he was there... how many of you criticized some ex-players or current for not being around when they were on the DL?
    Posted by BurritoT

True, but we certainly don't need Clay being out longer than expected, or getting hurt worse if it can be prevented.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

I would bet he was okay enough to celebrate, and the Red Sox at the very least are babying him. I have no doubt they are in full control of his every movement. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

See this is the best way Jake needs to celebrate. Giving High Fives is a lot safer when he delivers the game winners two times in a row. Now look at 54 That McDonald jumping up on his team mates, which is not the right way to celebrate?...lol...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

The Irony I see here is that I feel most would rather have Clay away were he is not susceptible to such behavior or potential injuries.

But last year it was the exact opposite with Ellsbury, everyone wondered why he wasn't WITH the team all the time. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

The Irony I see here is that I feel most would rather have Clay away were he is not susceptible to such behavior or potential injuries. But last year it was the exact opposite with Ellsbury, everyone wondered why he wasn't WITH the team all the time. 
    Posted by ctredsoxfanhugh

LOL ctredsoxfanhugh

that is ironic and I tend to love irony

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DeweyCBoston. Show DeweyCBoston's posts

For the dollars we paid Lackey and this Buccholz whiz kid we refused to trade a couple seasons ago, we could have Doc Holliday on our staff instead. 

It certainly is food for thought, since Holliday has been invincible for his entire career and is so dominant right now that its amazing. I envy the Phillies over their acquisition. Maybe I was right about this?

OH, Jacoby Ellsbury RULES and "Softserve" (aka- u name it)
    is clearly a Yankee Troll... GO JACBY & GO RED SOX!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

greetings craze

This is one part of the game I would like to see a bit more low key. I fully support and understand celebrating but after what happened to "Kendy Morales" you never know what may happen.

sorry buddy but that IMO isp art of what's wrong with everything

how many walk off parties have we seen B4 morales'

sure you can  tell them not to be stupid

but let the boys play

If I may digress for a moment

same thing with blaming things on the HR derby or injuries on the  WBC

bad things  happen all the time

thank you for allowing this rant

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

Doc Holliday?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Doc Holliday?
    Posted by Hammah29r2

Yeah, he'd probably play for free, being the old-school gunslinger that he is.  But the exhuming of whats left of his dust and the reanimation process would cost at least the equivalent of the mega-conract of a pitcher like, say, Roy Halladay.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

In Response to Re: Something strange with Clay? :  Yeah, he'd probably play for free, being the old-school gunslinger that he is.  But the exhuming of whats left of his dust and the reanimation process would cost at least the equivalent of the mega-conract of a pitcher like, say, Roy Halladay.
    Posted by SpacemanEephus

ha! good to see you space! how's things down your neck of the woods? or should I say concrete? we got us a helluva series starting friday nite old pal. not looking past tonight but I am stacking the frig with cold ones for series with the you know who's. man, I'd love a sweep but will be happy if we take 2 outta 3. not sure about sunday's match up.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to Re: Something strange with Clay? : ha! good to see you space! how's things down your neck of the woods? or should I say concrete? we got us a helluva series starting friday nite old pal. not looking past tonight but I am stacking the frig with cold ones for series with the you know who's. man, I'd love a sweep but will be happy if we take 2 outta 3. not sure about sunday's match up.
    Posted by Hammah29r2

hammah- whats up my man?  Yeah, can't wait for this weekend.  Also will be interesting to see Bedard v. Masterson tonight huh?  Dunno about the Yankee series.  I know enough at this point to know that I don't know jack when it comes to predicting these series, especially in the dog days.  But I do know enough to keep the beers icy cold!   Ha.  ... Brooklyn is great, albeit muggy as the deep south and asian tiger mosquito infested.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

I do not see him on the video.  The one with a long hair is Bard, not Clay.  He wear #11.  I looked all numbers and guys with red sweatshirts, I do not see him.

But on the other nite when Salty scored the winning run, I did saw Clay there.  So therefore, I strongly believe that Tito may have told him something, and not to do it again.  So last nite, he must stay away from the Celebration!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from WE5NUTS. Show WE5NUTS's posts

In Response to Re: Something strange with Clay? : It doesn't matter what they "say". This is the normal treatment and rehab for this type of injury. So, unless buch is Superman or something, one would think this would be the case with him as well. But, hey, you guys are allowed to wish and hope all you want.
    Posted by ---TheBabe----------------

Have you had a stress fracture before?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ---TheBabe----------------. Show ---TheBabe----------------'s posts

In Response to Re: Something strange with Clay? :  Have you had a stress fracture before?

Posted by WE5NUTS

No, but I work extensively with physical therapists who have treated this condition before.

And you don't have to have had a stress fracture of the lower back to be able to read about the treatment for it.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: Something strange with Clay? : LOL.....you are talking about the red flops medical staff, they don't have the best track record. They put ellsbury back out there last year with broken ribs.....how'd that work out? How about pedroia last year?
    Posted by ---TheBabe----------------

I definitely agree with you about the Red Sox medical staff.  They definitely don't make the best decisions or diagnosis. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

greetings craze This is one part of the game I would like to see a bit more low key. I fully support and understand celebrating but after what happened to "Kendy Morales" you never know what may happen. sorry buddy but that IMO isp art of what's wrong with everything how many walk off parties have we seen B4 morales' sure you can  tell them not to be stupid but let the boys play If I may digress for a moment same thing with blaming things on the HR derby or injuries on the  WBC bad things  happen all the time thank you for allowing this rant
    Posted by pinstripezac32

No problem zac and I agree.  You would at the very least think our management was smart enough not to let Clay get involved to the extent he did.  Thats like telling Ells with fractured ribs it's ok to play football while rehabbing.

Thats the only reason I question whether Clays injury might be less serious than reported.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Something strange with clay:

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

I like the walk off celebrations.

But only when it's the Red Sox doing it.  Or whoever is playing the Yankees.  Wink

Sections
Shortcuts