Something to think about

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

Something to think about

Now that Napoli is signed, has anyone even considered that having him behind the plate when Lackey pitches could really make a difference in Lackey's performance?

It would be like a reunion of sorts for these battery mates, and I really think it could turn Lackey into a potential 20 game winner.

Thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

Re: Something to think about

In response to Triumph-'s comment:

Just how many games do you see him catch with a wonky hip?

Even if he only catches Lackey, that is just 30 games or so, certainly doable. We have to assume that unless he starts the season on the DL he's healthy enough to play. The hip issue will be more troubling running and moving laterally.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

In response to Alibiike's comment:

Now that Napoli is signed, has anyone even considered that having him behind the plate when Lackey pitches could really make a difference in Lackey's performance?

It would be like a reunion of sorts for these battery mates, and I really think it could turn Lackey into a potential 20 game winner.

Thoughts?

Didnt Think Of That, Good Point Just Might Turn Lakey Around.....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Thoughts?

Ike, this is an intriguing notion from a psychological standpoint.   But, from a physical standpoint, the catcher crouch and spring from crouch involve a lot of hip.  At this point, I see the club using him as catcher as absolutely little as possible.  just a guess of course.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:

Thoughts?

Ike, this is an intriguing notion from a psychological standpoint.   But, from a physical standpoint, the catcher crouch and spring from crouch involve a lot of hip.  At this point, I see the club using him as catcher as absolutely little as possible.  just a guess of course.

Although a decent thought by Ike, I have to agree that I dont think the Sox would risk doing that if they didnt have to.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

Ross will be great for every pitcher on the staff. Salty has been getting better and better too.

While Naps would be a good idea for catch lackey its not likely.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Thoughts?

Good thought, Ali - hey, if we are going for making the clubhouse a comfortable place, makes good sense.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

Not unreasonable, Ike, but a veteran pitcher probably doesn't need a mediocre catcher other than the limited(?) psychological reasons.  If Napoli is not fully healthy I'd prioritise the games against the NL to keep Papi in the lineup.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Also, I'm over pitchers who need personal catchers ... except for knucklers ... in which case call out the staties and lets get Mirabelli in here.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

napoli is not going to be much catching Ali....which is why i thought initially he was a good signing..but we added ross, still have salty/lava...and now his hip appears to be quite fragile...best case scenario...100 games 20 dingers ...not bad for 5 mil if he can do it

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from never1954. Show never1954's posts

Ross is suppose to be the game caller, why not let Ross catch him and he would still have Naps close by for that old battery mate support.  If it wasn't for the hip I would like your idea but like many I don't see it happening.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

In response to never1954's comment:

Ross is suppose to be the game caller, why not let Ross catch him and he would still have Naps close by for that old battery mate support.  If it wasn't for the hip I would like your idea but like many I don't see it happening.

Just a thought. I'd really like to know what the splits were when Naps caught Lackey. More of a comfort issue than anything else. These guys are professionals and should be able to adjust to any receiver, but I have to think it could be a mental boost.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

Thoughts?

IMO, that would be a bigger mistake than having Gronk blocking for PAT's.  And you saw how that played out.  Perhaps Farrell may have learned something from BB's mistake.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Out of all the catchers who have caught lackey over 100 innings, the opps have the lowest OPS against John with Naps as his catcher. (This goes against Naps usual poor CERA numbers.)

CERA with catchers over 100 IP:

J Mathis   3.25  (280)

Napoli     3.63  (399 Inn)

B Molina  3.88  (463)

J Molina  4.25  (281)

V Mart    4.81  (122)

Salty      5.80  (149)

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Another loonie-bin thread.... Napoli making Lackey better?  Ha! Man o man.

Sections
Shortcuts