Soriano faults Yankee offense, comment sends him to DL

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

Soriano faults Yankee offense, comment sends him to DL

Soriano opined that the Yankees' relievers should not be blamed for the team's six-game losing streak.

"To me, I don't think the bullpen [is] the problem right now," Soriano said. "I think it [is] the hitters. [Those] things happen sometimes."

Soriano also said that his absence did not seem to have affected the team's fortunes.

"In these situations, how the team lost, that would not be the situation when I'm supposed to be in the game -- the eighth," Soriano said. "Everybody sees we've been losing by two, three runs. I don't think it would be the situation that I'd be in the game."

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Babe-Ted. Show Babe-Ted's posts

Re: Soriano faults Yankee offense, comment sends him to DL

Francesa has been on a non-stop rant all afternoon on Burnett, ARod, and especially about Soriano. They fabricated a  minor injury and put him onto the DL today but they also want him to take his foot out of his mouth. Another waste of $12 mil. and he has two more years on his contract. Then there is the Posada $10 mil. A dip in YES ratings will follow. If George was still in charge heads would be rolling. Posada will be gone by July.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In Response to Re: Soriano faults Yankee offense, comment sends him to DL:
    [QUOTE]Francesa has been on a non-stop rant all afternoon on Burnett, ARod, and especially about Soriano. They fabricated a  minor injury and put him onto the DL today but they also want him to take his foot out of his mouth. Another waste of $12 mil. and he has two more years on his contract. Then there is the Posada $10 mil. A dip in YES ratings will follow. If George was still in charge heads would be rolling. Posada will be gone by July.
    Posted by Babe-Ted[/QUOTE]guess he was too busy whining to do Mike'd Up this past Sunday....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

[QUOTE]Francesa has been on a non-stop rant all afternoon on Burnett, ARod, and especially about Soriano. They fabricated a  minor injury and put him onto the DL today but they also want him to take his foot out of his mouth. Another waste of $12 mil. and he has two more years on his contract. Then there is the Posada $10 mil. A dip in YES ratings will follow. If George was still in charge heads would be rolling. Posada will be gone by July.
    Posted by Babe-Ted[/QUOTE]

They fabricated a minor injury and put him onto the DL today

who you talkng about-  lackey or sori who hasn't pitched

in a week cause of a sore elbow

the yanks are in a free fall

and yet you still need to make stuff up

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Girardi-Inept. Show Girardi-Inept's posts

Yankees felt a need this offseason to hand out a bad contract to Soriano. Three years and $45 million for a second closer who historically gets hurt. Many reports stated Hal Steinbrenner wasn’t about to have an offseason go by without a major free agent move. The theory was it’s the Yankees, they charge outrageous prices, and their fans deserve at least one top shelf free agent- even if it comes at an unreasonable rate. For $15 mil. a year you would think before you speak and don't blame recent losses on the hitters alone. Put a gag on this loser.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]Yankees felt a need this offseason to hand out a bad contract to Soriano. Three years and $45 million for a second closer who historically gets hurt. Many reports stated Hal Steinbrenner wasn’t about to have an offseason go by without a major free agent move. The theory was it’s the Yankees, they charge outrageous prices, and their fans deserve at least one top shelf free agent- even if it comes at an unreasonable rate. For $15 mil. a year you would think before you speak and don't blame recent losses on the hitters alone. Put a gag on this loser.
    Posted by Girardi-Inept[/QUOTE]

It was no worse than the Benoit or Jenks contracts.  Not saying this excuses the Yankees, but it really was the year of the Almost Closer Winning Lottery Ticket.  The whims of the market are strange sometimes.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from chuchos. Show chuchos's posts

Posada isn't going anywhere by July.
    Yankees are not completely falling apart

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Babe-Ted. Show Babe-Ted's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Soriano faults Yankee offense, comment sends him to DL : They fabricated a minor injury and put him onto the DL today who you talkng about-  lackey or sori who hasn't pitched   in a week cause of a sore elbow the yanks are in a free fall and yet you still need to make stuff up
    Posted by pinstripezac32[/QUOTE]

Rafael Soriano's big day began with a flight from Tampa to New York City, a visit to New York Presbyterian Hospital for an MRI on his sore right elbow, a consultation with team physican Dr. Chris Ahmad and finally, a trip to the 15-day disabled list.

According to Joe Girardi, Soriano's MRI came back "clean,'' meaning the Yankees believe his problem is a simple case of inflammation that will be cured by rest.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

They fabricated a minor injury and put him onto the DL

meaning the Yankees believe his problem is a simple case of inflammation that will be cured by rest.

that's not fabricating anything, pike 

he has already missed a hanful of games

here look at  the difference

With his ERA up to 8.01 after he gave up nine runs in a third straight loss Wednesday,
    was placed on the disabled list Monday due to what the Red Sox are calling a strained right elbow.

Reliever Scott Atchison was called up to take his place.

The Red Sox didn’t immediately announce who would start in Lackey’s place Tuesday against the Orioles, but it figures to be knuckleballer  As noted last week, Lackey is dealing with some major off-field issues at the moment.

The Red Sox might just be placing him on the DL so that he can get out of the spotlight and go down to the minors to work on the mechnical adjustment he made in a bullpen session over the weekend.

that's fabricating

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Girardi-Inept. Show Girardi-Inept's posts

Soriano, who led the American League in saves last year with 45 as the Rays closer, has never seemed to adapt to his role as a set-up man. He has a 1-1 record, one save and 5.40 ERA in 16 games. Opponents are batting a healthy .268 against him, and his strikeout-to walk-ratio has been poor (10Ks/11 BBs in 15 IP).

"He's thrown the ball really well for us at times, and he's struggled at times," Girardi said. "Unfortunately, he hasn't felt good lately. We just need to get him healthy and get him doing what he's capable of doing."

Cashman's objections to the signing of Soriano, who was given a three-year, $35 million contract with opt-out clauses after each of his first two seasons, a deal negotiated by team president Randy Levine, centered around paying closer-type money for a set-up man. (Rivera signed new a two-year, $30 million deal this winter.)

But there were also whispers that Soriano was a difficult character in the clubhouse who had had run-ins with former managers Joe Maddon of the Rays and Bobby Cox of the Atlanta Braves. And so far, Soriano's Yankee tenure has been rocky, marred by his decision to bolt the clubhouse after blowing a game for CC Sabathia on April 5 in the fifth game of the season.

Monday night, after the Yankees had lost their sixth straight game, Soriano was asked if it was difficult to watch his team struggling and not be able to help.

"No," he said. "To me, you know, I don't think the bullpen is the problem right now. I think it is the hitters. In this situation, we losing by two or three runs, I don't think I'd be in these games anyway."

Girardi seemed miffed Tuesday when asked about his reaction to Soriano's statement.

"My thought is we win as a team and we lose as a team," he said. "And everyone on this club can always do a little bit more, and that's the bottom line. You can take that for what it's worth."

But when he was asked if Soriano's clubhouse personality is living up to his reputation, Girardi defended the 31-year-old right-hander.

"I think what you see is that he's experienced frustration, like a lot of our other players," Girardi said. "He doesn't like to be frustrated. He doesn't like to lose. Those are things that I've learned about him."

And when asked if he felt a talk with Soriano was in order, Girardi shut down the conversation.

"What happens between the players and me is gonna stay here," he said. "It's not gonna be written on a piece of paper or talked about on a radio show. Not from my mouth."

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxdawg08. Show soxdawg08's posts

Posted by Babe-Ted[/QUOTE]

The "Bluebird of Happiness" has flown away from Gotham City.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

He's missed almost the entire season in 3 of the last 7 years.  It's not only possible he's hurt, you almost have to expect it.

Sections
Shortcuts