Soriano in right field

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Christian3886. Show Christian3886's posts

Soriano in right field

This might be a leap and I would love to get some opinions but since the cubs are willing to eat a "major, major chunk" of Alfonso Soriano's salary through 2014 which is 50+ million, would it be a terrible idea to see if we can add him?  My guess the main reason against is because of the salary cap but seems to me that getting a 20+ HR hitting right hander is just what this lineup could use.  Hit him 6th behind Papi and right in front of Crawford?  Sure seems like a good idea from my point of view but would love some thoughts on this one.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tbrod. Show tbrod's posts

Re: Soriano in right field

He's a lousy LF, imagine how horrid he'd be in RF at Fenway.
    RF BIG problem for the Sox.
    Reddick .176 in his last 7 games, 204 in August with 5 whole RBI for the month.
    As I predicted, he was a one month wonder.
    Theo needs to find a right handed RF for 2012.
    Funny, it seems that JD Drew looks good compared to the zeros being put up by Reddick and McDonald.
    How sad is that?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Christian3886. Show Christian3886's posts

I completely agree with you but I am almost ready to sacrifice the defense for some kind of offensive production in RF that could possibly protect Crawford in the lineup....It surely would help crawford to see better pitches which obviously would improve his at bats also....It sure isn't going to come from Drew and Salty down there and obviously not from McDonald or Reddick....I do believe Reddick is going to be pretty good at some point though

In Response to Re: Soriano in right field:
    [QUOTE]He's a lousy LF, imagine how horrid he'd be in RF at Fenway. RF BIG problem for the Sox. Reddick .176 in his last 7 games, 204 in August with 5 whole RBI for the month. As I predicted, he was a one month wonder. Theo needs to find a right handed RF for 2012. Funny, it seems that JD Drew looks good compared to the zeros being put up by Reddick and McDonald. How sad is that?
    Posted by tbrod[/QUOTE]

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from theYAZZER. Show theYAZZER's posts

[QUOTE]He's a lousy LF, imagine how horrid he'd be in RF at Fenway. RF BIG problem for the Sox. Reddick .176 in his last 7 games, 204 in August with 5 whole RBI for the month. As I predicted, he was a one month wonder. Theo needs to find a right handed RF for 2012. Funny, it seems that JD Drew looks good compared to the zeros being put up by Reddick and McDonald. How sad is that?
    Posted by tbrod[/QUOTE]

after theo's history with FA's, you still want him looking for more?
    hopefully, theo will be with the cubs next season, and the SOX will acquire a GM
    with a better nose for sniffing out talent. that shouldn't be hard.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MustangBri. Show MustangBri's posts

Too bad we did'nt get in on the Hunter Pence sweepstakes as I am on record as being a HUGE proponent of...

Stupid non-move...  .330avg.  6hr's,  16rbi

It's ok....  JD had 3 hits in Pawtucket last nite.  We're good.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

Posted by tbrod[/QUOTE]

I agree he was hitting over his head originally but I wouldnt sink Reddick on his August numbers either.....a) he has played a very good RF and b) he has hit alot of hard hit balls right at people. The pitchers are making  adjustments to him and he needs to make them also. I still like his future alot

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

I'm still high on Reddick, and Kalish, but a little more certainty would help for 2012.  Its funny that some see Soriano as the 20+ RH bat we needed....because apparently the 20+ LH bat we had (that played superb defense) wasn't good enough.  Soriano would be HORRIBLE in RF.

The offense is fine, let Drew and Reddick battle it out for the starting role in the playoffs. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Soriano is a right hand hitting J.D.Drew without the defense.

This clown is way overpaid and barely hits .240 anymore , his homerun totals are settling in around 20-24 per season (big deal!), plus he's getting older and will be 36 and 6 years removed from his peak seasons of '04, '05 and '06.

No thanks, I'd rather see Drew, at least he provides some decent defense. But I have to admit he's been on my list of people I would be glad to see go away for good....which should give you some idea of what I think of Soriano.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Absolutely not.  Last night the Sox weren't just facing a lefty, but one of the best lefty starters in MLB.  Soriano wouldn't have fixed that.  Besides, the Sox have hit Sabathia pretty well this year without a great hitting rightfielder.

I would much rather spend the money on someone like Ellsbury because most of the pitchers the Sox face are righties, not lefties.  Plus he's a much better fielder. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]Soriano is a right hand hitting J.D.Drew without the defense. This clown is way overpaid and barely hits .240 anymore , his homerun totals are settling in around 20-24 per season (big deal!), plus he's getting older and will be 36 and 6 years removed from his peak seasons of '04, '05 and '06. No thanks, I'd rather see Drew, at least he provides some decent defense. But I have to admit he's been on my list of people I would be glad to see go away for good....which should give you some idea of what I think of Soriano.
    Posted by ZILLAGOD[/QUOTE]

I am optimistic that Drew will return to the lineup and be productive for the remainder of the season and in the playoffs.  We definitely could use someone playing RF that can contribute to the Red Sox offensive production. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from cglassanos. Show cglassanos's posts

Posted by tbrod[/QUOTE]

I wonder if you threw Pedroia into the same trash bin you're tossing Reddick...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from S0ftl@w. Show S0ftl@w's posts

Theo took care of that, Mike Aviles.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Look at Sori's OBP.....284. It is downright Iglesias-esque!
    Too many K's...poor defense.....even Cubs eating "major majhor $$$" means they eat $25 mil of the $50 mil meaning they a new team is on the hood for $25 mil. 
    Best Cubs can hope for is to trade Sori for another garbage contract. Wells, Rios...Dunn?....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tbrod. Show tbrod's posts

Pedroia hit in AAA. Your hero Reddick "Mr. One Month Flash" hit .240 in two seasons of AAA.
    Pedroia is a tough out, working every count and rarely striking out.
     Reddick swings from the heels and gags with men in scoring position late in games.
    He's a 4th OF at best and nothing special. All the clowns acting as if he were the next Josh Hamilton, instead of a journeyman fill in.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

The Sox have signed Joey Gathright the former major leaguer had been playing in the Independent league and was hitting .347 with 40 walks and 20 steals. He might be a call up in september

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from titletownfan. Show titletownfan's posts

Aaron Rowand was just DFA'd by San Fran.  Has had a bit of a down year, but has been a solid .270 hitter with 10-20 hrs throughout his career.  Might be worth a shot as our RH hitting OF.