Soriano

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Soriano

He is availble opted out of contract..... should RS go for him...15 mil for 4 years????

I would....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Re: Soriano

I'm sure the Yankees will resign him, Jim, especially since Rivera has told Cashman he hasn't decided if he's going to return or not. That said, no harm in kicking the tires

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Definitely worth putting hat in the ring.  But, I suspect, given the sure-to-be high demand for his services (particularly Yankee demand), his price tag might be a bit high for what one should spend on a set-up man ... especially when you have ... Daniel Bard?  .... gulp ...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:

Definitely worth putting hat in the ring.  But, I suspect, given the sure-to-be high demand for his services (particularly Yankee demand), his price tag might be a bit high for what one should spend on a set-up man ... especially when you have ... Daniel Bard?  .... gulp ...

or Alfredo Aceves,if he's still here.But,Soriano is definitely worth looking into

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Soriano is opting out with $14 million and a year left on his contract.

Cherington should at least drive up the price for Cashman to resign him.  

Soriano will stay with the Yankees especially if Rivera is retiring.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

Although we need to acquire a couple of relief pitchers, the BP is the least of our problem.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

I think the Red Sox should go after him, but at what cost?  How much would Ben C. give him after he refuse to match Papelbon's offer?  That is the tricky question.  Best Boston can do is to try to give him 4yrs/40mm to 46MM.....if Boston do not ever want him, then Boston can pretend to offer him 4yrs/56mm!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

In response to Alibiike's comment:

Although we need to acquire a couple of relief pitchers, the BP is the least of our problem.

And big money, long term contracts for relievers not named Rivera are almost always a bad idea.  The jury is still out on Pap's deal, but I don't think you'll see another reliever get a deal like that anytime soon...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

In response to GoUconn13's comment:

I think the Red Sox should go after him, but at what cost?  How much would Ben C. give him after he refuse to match Papelbon's offer?  That is the tricky question.  Best Boston can do is to try to give him 4yrs/40mm to 46MM.....if Boston do not ever want him, then Boston can pretend to offer him 4yrs/56mm!!

That was the amount Johnny Damon took to go to the Yankees.   

Fine memories...........NOT!!!   LOL

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:

Soriano is opting out with $14 million and a year left on his contract.

Cherington should at least drive up the price for Cashman to resign him.  

Soriano will stay with the Yankees especially if Rivera is retiring.  

It will be very sad if Rivera does indeed decide to retire.  Although, I wouldn't be surprised if this happened.  I also agree that Soriano will probably end up resigning with the Yankees. 

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Boras is looking at 4/60....Sorry, Ill stick with Bailey...I would rather have Paps contract than that one...

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Go 4 for $12 M--$48 guaranteed rather than the $14 he was guaranteed before he opted out.

You are not only getting a proven closer in the East but it's taking away a big asset of the Yankees.

He's better than any closer we have and he would solidify the pen--in addition you could move Bailey or keep him til the trade deadline. In addition starters would like to have a solid closer. OR Bailey to the Tigers for VMart?????

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Geez, 4 years, $60 million?!?  Only the Yankees can afford him if that's the case.  

Scott Boras makes all of his clients rich.  LOL

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to MadMc44's comment:

Go 4 for $12 M--$48 guaranteed rather than the $14 he was guaranteed before he opted out.

You are not only getting a proven closer in the East but it's taking away a big asset of the Yankees.

He's better than any closer we have and he would solidify the pen--in addition you could move Bailey or keep him til the trade deadline. In addition starters would like to have a solid closer. OR Bailey to the Tigers for VMart?????

Well for that money, maybe they can get Jonathan Papelbon.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy stilleatsworms. Show MikeNagy stilleatsworms's posts

R U Nuts?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

No WAY!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

Let's let the Sox put together a team that needs a closer of Soriano's caliber and then worry about it.  Give Baily a shot...if healthy he can be all they need.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

My guess is the Yankees will sign Soriano (but not for 4 years and $60 million).  Maybe at 3 years, $36 million. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy stilleatsworms. Show MikeNagy stilleatsworms's posts

According to Yankees president Randy Levine, who negotiated the Soriano deal, Boras believes Soriano can command a contract in the neighborhood of four years and $60 million based on his 2012 season.

"Based on that, I understand why he would opt out," Levine said. "I hope he's right. We love him here at the Yankees but we wouldn't pay him $60 million for four years."

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

At that money, we could have just kept Paps.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

4 years is too risky given his injury history and age. Bailey is a former AS reliever. When healthy hes one of the better closers in the game. Hopefully he remains healthy in his 2ndand 3rd arbitration years.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

I think the OP was talking about Alfonso.

Sections
Shortcuts