Sorry, Boards Going To Hell....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

Sorry, Boards Going To Hell....

Fix It Mods................

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

Re: Sorry, Boards Going To Hell....

In response to LR3683paw's comment:

I saw many posts last week deleted because they were about politics, other teams, were hateful, were insults, and off topic. Your thread about breakfast in Portland drew many responses.  Can you be more specific on your displeasure. Why not start some threads about the Seadogs? Keep us updated on Bogaerts and Bradley and the other prospects. I agree with you that Georom, DGalehouse, and others are perpetual wet blankets but hopefully the Ignore button will return. Keep up the faith and enjoy that fried haddock sandwich for breakfast at Becky;s Diner. You don't miss Andrewmitch, do you?

http://youtu.be/n0qm2agWy_o

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac33. Show pinstripezac33's posts

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

A good thing is a Forum that is 80% negative and is top heavy with rival fans?

if you dont like it here then leave... no one is stopping you

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

A good thing is a Forum that is 80% negative and is top heavy with rival fans?

Exactly what is your issue with well mannered Yankee fans? They are also baseball fans. You don't have to like their team, but if they are here to discuss baseball like adults what is wrong with that?

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"A good thing is a Forum that is 80% negative and is top heavy with rival fans?"

And yet you love it here. Hmmm...

Even though there are much better moderated Red Sox forums out there that focus on the kinds of baseball discussions you claim to like. 

Yet you prefer it here, gleefully revelling in the flaws that bother you. It's a riddle you have never bothered explaining. 

As for me, I prefer a free for all discussion and like moving between several of the sports boards here. 

That said I don't like BDC's current tactic of deleting specific posts, in my opinion that is way too subjective and it makes for very disjointed threads. 

The serious issue you and I have is that you claim to be the judge and jury of who is a Red Sox fan and who is not. That's seriously tedious. I'm a fan just as much as you and have followed the team just as much as you or others here. It's just that you feel it's a fan's obligation to accept what ownership/team PR spoonfeeds you and I don't. So be it. 

For the record I like the move the Sox have made in the offseason, I am probably in the minority here, though at the same time the moves made are not enough to build a championship team, so some of the verdict will have to wait. The Sox seem to have much more confidence that Farrell can right the ship of the team's pitching than I do, whereas I think we flat out need more pitching talent and that our pitching depth and talent is overrated by management, but hey, I would love to be proven wrong. 

I will say I watched the NESN town hall and I loved hearing what Farrell had to say, seems like just what the team needs and a much better hire than Valentine. 

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

"A good thing is a Forum that is 80% negative and is top heavy with rival fans?"

And yet you love it here. Hmmm...

Even though there are much better moderated Red Sox forums out there that focus on the kinds of baseball discussions you claim to like. 

Yet you prefer it here, gleefully revelling in the flaws that bother you. It's a riddle you have never bothered explaining. 

It's probably as simple as this: Pike knows this is the only board where he won't be banned in the blink of an eye.  Nice little irony there.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Let's stop all the CRYING here..... Just getting warmed up for spring training !!!  Action is good while waiting for the "BLOCKBUSTER" !!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

As a Red Sox fan what are you doing to improve the forum. Are you enabling closet Yankee fans, concern trolls, generic trolls, ignoring them ( enabling), or bashing Sox players on gamethreads? What is your mission / role here? We are confused.

What are you doing to improve the forum?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to pinstripezac33's comment:

Is this a "spare tire" moniker that you put into the car trunk in October 2011 in the event that BDC deflated your tire. You also have another tire in reserve named pinstripezac32. Do you call this concurrent or consecutive usage of multiple aliases? You could do what HelloitsMeAgain did last week which is to add a - suffix to your moniker. He also did that when his Triumph moniker was banned and came back with Triumph-.  Is this consecutive or concurrent use of multiple monikers?

You have the monopoly on that, pike. How many have you blown the dust off of??

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

yea, i have never been banned before and all of a sudden about four of my recent posts were deleted...this room is becoming not worth it....too bad, with very few exceptions, i totally enjoy the diversity of opinion here...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to georom4's comment:

yea, i have never been banned before and all of a sudden about four of my recent posts were deleted...this room is becoming not worth it....too bad, with very few exceptions, i totally enjoy the diversity of opinion here...

Gerome, it would be a big mistake to ban you .....  You are one of the best on this board !!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Gerome, it would be a big mistake to ban you .....  You are one of the best on this board !!!

thanks Bill..i enjoy you as well even though we are totally diff when it comes to politics....but between the deleted posts, new software, and personal attacks, it just seems like its more effort than its worth...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:
    [QUOTE]

thanks Bill..i enjoy you as well even though we are totally diff when it comes to politics....but between the deleted posts, new software, and personal attacks, it just seems like its more effort than its worth...

You hang in there SON......   As the 2012 POSTER OF THE YEAR I have a lot of pull on tthis board with DOTTIE........  Heck there are "CONSEQUENCES" FOR BEING elected  POY  !!!!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

"Boards going to hell"

Yes, and this thread is proof of that.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to ZILLAGOD's comment:

"Boards going to hell"

Yes, and this thread is proof of that.

NOW ZILLY, that is a  B I N G O !!!!!

25. This post has been removed.

Sections