SORRY FELLOW SOX FANS, BUT PATS-JETS HAVE PRESENTLY SURPASSED YANKS-SOX AS THE BEST SPORTS RIVALRY!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

Re: SORRY FELLOW SOX FANS, BUT PATS-JETS HAVE PRESENTLY SURPASSED YANKS-SOX AS THE BEST SPORTS RIVALRY!

The tally is 26-2 and counting against the OP premise.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

Re: SORRY FELLOW SOX FANS, BUT PATS-JETS HAVE PRESENTLY SURPASSED YANKS-SOX AS THE BEST SPORTS RIVALRY!

In Response to Re: SORRY FELLOW SOX FANS, BUT PATS-JETS HAVE PRESENTLY SURPASSED YANKS-SOX AS THE BEST SPORTS RIVALRY!:
    The tally is 26-2 and counting against the OP premise.
    Posted by PawsoxPhil

He has to vote against the overwhelming majority regardless of the merit of his point.  He is a contrarian after all.  He is probably disappointed that one poster voted along with him. 

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from deroty. Show deroty's posts

In Response to SORRY FELLOW SOX FANS, BUT PATS-JETS HAVE PRESENTLY SURPASSED YANKS-SOX AS THE BEST SPORTS RIVALRY!:

Congratulations.  You have just received the Stupid Post of the Day Award.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Re: SORRY FELLOW SOX FANS, BUT PATS-JETS HAVE SURPASSED YANKS-SOX AS THE BEST SPORTS RIVALRY!

In Response to Re: SORRY FELLOW SOX FANS, BUT PATS-JETS HAVE SURPASSED YANKS-SOX AS THE BEST SPORTS RIVALRY!:
    must admit, i'm really shocked that on BOTH forums, MOST of you refuse to acknowledge the PRESENT reality. i mean if you were writing a tell-all book right now on yanks-sox or jets-pats, no way is the jets-pats book not selling out. talk about a reality series, all the plot for a mini-series. one woud have to hire the best mystery writers to come up with some of the stuff these two teams pull. add in mangini, lack of hugs after games, and when phat rex says after ellis signed with pats that he cant bring himself to wish him well, just not to get injured, you've reached a new low or high depending on one's perspective.  look at the ratings, how is it even close? the entire country wants to see jets-pats, sox-yanks is clearly not at the same level anymore for you really cant bring up the "they hate each other card" for they dont. its a competive sports rivalry but it clearly doesnt have the multifaceted dynamics that the pats-jets now do. had mariano or jeter left for boston in the off-season, i could grasp some of your points. sox-yanks really was a rivalry in the way the nail is in a rivalry with the hammer until 2004. so it really should count only from 2004.  the ellis move does just that. pats or jets could be up 50-0 and everyone will still be watching just to see it rammed up on the other team or waiting for the brawl or the insulting bomb from the shotgun. no love lost, no quarter given, no mercy rules, rubbing it in to the max. imagine the sox doing a double steal in a 11-0 game in the 8th inning with no outs, thats the pats-jets.   so yep, in HISTORY, not even close. sox-yanks rule by 10 miles. in the here and now, not even close....
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN

Youre on a Red Sox forum.  Why would you be shocked?  Honestly man Red Sox Yankees are forever.  No one cares about the New York Jets.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

Re: SORRY FELLOW SOX FANS, BUT PATS-JETS HAVE SURPASSED YANKS-SOX AS THE BEST SPORTS RIVALRY!

In Response to Re: SORRY FELLOW SOX FANS, BUT PATS-JETS HAVE SURPASSED YANKS-SOX AS THE BEST SPORTS RIVALRY!:
    In Response to Re: SORRY FELLOW SOX FANS, BUT PATS-JETS HAVE SURPASSED YANKS-SOX AS THE BEST SPORTS RIVALRY! : Youre on a Red Sox forum.  Why would you be shocked?  
    Posted by snakeoil123
    it may be a boston conditioning thing for even MOST of the pats fans refuse to accept and acknowledge the NEW reality. still think its the 70s, 80s or pre-2008. since rex has been in NY, the whole reality has changed. with sawx and yanks, its just sports and baseball. with bel and ryan, its lieke supremacy of the entire regions! i have lots of NY/NJ friends. they dont get nearly as personal, vicious and competitive with the sox-yanks thing as they do with the pat-jets, even the women and those who dont follow sports. its the brady-gisele thing, the rex-wife foot thing, the clashing styles (rex is all NY in-your-face obnoxious loudmouth, belichick is a stereotypical boring parochial New Englander), spygate, tripgate, favregate, revis/moss thing, and os on. so much drama all the time, as a team and as individuals. what trash talk do u here from the individual players or management guys? its fun, win or lose., blowout or not, playof or not.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Rex Ryan is the guy who is doing all the PR. He is the ring-leader. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

In Response to Re: SORRY FELLOW SOX FANS, BUT PATS-JETS HAVE SURPASSED YANKS-SOX AS THE BEST SPORTS RIVALRY! : Nah, the Jets-Sharks rivalry was literally dead after Chino shot Tony.  There's a place for them somewhere. 
    Posted by Sheriff-Rojas

First thing is Tony killed him after Chino killed Tony's friend.
    No gun

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Actually, there hasn't really been a rivalry between the Yanks and the sawx but for a few years. You had a couple of years in the 1970's and then a few years in the early part of this decade. Other than that not much of a rivalry.
    Posted by -The---Babe----------------

Are you serious. RS fans have hated the NYY forever.
    Trust me I grew up in a family where my father was a RS fan and his 9 brothers were NY fans and they hated the RS.
    It may have been more of the NYY fans not taking the RS for real but trust me there has always been a rivalry

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

As far as I am concerned, Red Sox vs. Yankees is and always will be the biggest rivalry.  I felt totally drained after last night's game.  Pats vs. Jets is a good rivalry, but nowhere near the same stress level.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

In Response to Re: SORRY FELLOW SOX FANS, BUT PATS-JETS HAVE SURPASSED YANKS-SOX AS THE BEST SPORTS RIVALRY! : First thing is Tony killed him after Chino killed Tony's friend. No gun
    Posted by JimfromFlorida

I don't know about rivalries, but give me Rita Moreno and Natalie Wood at that time, and I'll do whatever the gang wants me to do.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

Sox Yanks and it aint even close nor will it ever be!!!!!!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

In Response to Re: SORRY FELLOW SOX FANS, BUT PATS-JETS HAVE SURPASSED YANKS-SOX AS THE BEST SPORTS RIVALRY! : First thing is Tony killed him after Chino killed Tony's friend. No gun
    Posted by JimfromFlorida

JFF, you have Chino confused with Bernardo.  Yes, Bernardo stabbed Riff in a knife fight, Tony stabbed Bernardo, and later Chino shot Tony. 

In this pic, Bernardo is in the center, and I believe Chino is on the left. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

In Response to Re: SORRY FELLOW SOX FANS, BUT PATS-JETS HAVE SURPASSED YANKS-SOX AS THE BEST SPORTS RIVALRY! : JFF, you have Chino confused with Bernardo.  Yes, Bernardo stabbed Riff in a knife fight, Tony stabbed Bernardo, and later Chino shot Tony.  In this pic, Bernardo is in the center, and I believe Chino is on the left. 
    Posted by Sheriff-Rojas

I know how to settle this....bring a gun to a knifefight.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Modano09. Show Modano09's posts

I agree that it's not the way it used to be. I think a lot of it was because the Yankees won so much. It was one sided and the Sox just couldn't seem to beat the Yankees. Now they've done it. They won two WS. The teams are fairly even, both compete each year. It doesn't feel like we live and die with each series anymore because if we don't get them this year, we'll be right back in it next year. In the past, it felt like they had to beat them when they had the chance of they may not get the chance again.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Modano, absolutely. I don't ever get nervous when the Sox/Yanks play anymore. When you see your team comeback from a 3-0 deficit and every game takes 5 hours, you pretty much are indoctrined that the Rivalry has become less of a novelty.

Sections
Shortcuts