SORRY RED SOX NATION, BUT I TOLD YOU SO......

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

Re: SORRY RED SOX NATION, BUT I TOLD YOU SO......

First off, the Sox are a game up in the loss column ... becasue they won the tie breaker already.  Yanks cannot and will not tie. 

Why don't you guys acknowedge that?  Too many end of the world threads ... over what?   Our ceanup hitter is coming back, we are playing great ball. 

Why are you guys so chicken sheet afraid when you are in first?  Yanks gained a game, big deal.   We still have the best record in the AL ...

Try enjoying things when they are good.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from theYAZZER. Show theYAZZER's posts

In Response to Re: SORRY RED SOX NATION, BUT I TOLD YOU SO......:
    In Response to Re: SORRY RED SOX NATION, BUT I TOLD YOU SO...... : ??? Which player are you referring to? If it is Ellsbury then you are wrong as he is Native American indian. If it is Gonzo then you are wrong again because I believe he is Latino. Just thought I would let you know.
    Posted by PaulLaCourse

actually, paulyshore, mexicans are latinos. thought i'd let you know.
    tough to be a sox fan surrounded by so many geniuses.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTJake14. Show CTJake14's posts

it sucks to lose the series but, hey, at least it's not Oct 3rd, 1949.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

In Response to Re: SORRY RED SOX NATION, BUT I TOLD YOU SO...... : actually, paulyshore, mexicans are latinos. thought i'd let you know. tough to be a sox fan surrounded by so many geniuses.
    Posted by theYAZZER

He knows that, but Latino is the PC designation. I don't think Agon was born in Mexico, but perhaps his family came from there.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tc25. Show tc25's posts

Bill, its cool brother.  Look, gotta figure the Yankees are gonna take ONE series in a season.  The beautiful thing?  Sox have been solid enough that they come out the other side still with a grip (albeit ever so tentative) on first.  This thing is going down to the wire Bill.  i told you this before.  And I tell you again.  Nothing can be done about.  It was destined to be.  Settle in and grab a 'Gansett or 24.  Its gonna be a grind of a September.  
    Posted by SpacemanEephus

Space, I think our bullpen is destined to collapse thats what i'm worried about if Dan Wheeler & others  don't take the place of Albers, Morales & Aceeves & let these  guys rest  it could be an early Oct. All Tito had to do was give the take sign after the first three pitches & we could have won the game the sox killed them selves in the first inning swinging at garbage we could have had bases loaded & no outs &  destroyed AJ but we swung at sh-t

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

First off, the Sox are a game up in the loss column ... becasue they won the tie breaker already.  Yanks cannot and will not tie.  Why don't you guys acknowedge that?  Too many end of the world threads ... over what?   Our ceanup hitter is coming back, we are playing great ball.  Why are you guys so chicken sheet afraid when you are in first?  Yanks gained a game, big deal.   We still have the best record in the AL ... Try enjoying things when they are good.
    Posted by soxmeister

Soxmeister,

Excellent point!!!!

... otoh ... whoever wins the division, which I hope is us, gets Detroit and that monster on the mound of theirs for atleast one game maybe two in a 5 game series.  Shiver me timbers.  He's eating metal and spitting out nuts and bolts.    

I have read more than one sportswriter wonder who REALLY wants to do that just to claim the division title.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In Response to Re: SORRY RED SOX NATION, BUT I TOLD YOU SO...... : He knows that, but Latino is the PC designation. I don't think Agon was born in Mexico, but perhaps his family came from there.
    Posted by Alibiike

He says he's from Tiajuana .... he might be clowining around, which is cool, but I think he was born there and grew up in the states

I cross the border all the time ... NY, PA; NY, PA; NY, PA;

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from slicksteve38. Show slicksteve38's posts

Agon was born in San Diego.....grew up in Tijuana (last time I checked, that was still in Mexico)....then went to high school in a suburb of San Diego and is of Mexican desent.  So Paula, you are wrong.....and Latino is not any more "PC" than calling people "white".  Mexicans aren't offended by being called Latino any more than Irish aren't offended by being called white. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to Re: SORRY RED SOX NATION, BUT I TOLD YOU SO...... : Space, I think our bullpen is destined to collapse thats what i'm worried about if Dan Wheeler & others  don't take the place of Albers, Morales & Aceeves & let these  guys rest  it could be an early Oct. All Tito had to do was give the take sign after the first three pitches & we could have won the game the sox killed them selves in the first inning swinging at garbage we could have had bases loaded & no outs &  destroyed AJ but we swung at sh-t
    Posted by tc25

Yeah.  This is a worry.  But, I think that there are enough decent arms for September that Tito doesn't have to ride the main horses too hard.  And, while I want the Sox to take the division, I definitely don't want them to throw D. Bard every night to do it.  Big picture demands that you protect your pen arms for playoffs.  Dead in the water without a good pen, as you point to.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from theYAZZER. Show theYAZZER's posts

In Response to Re: SORRY RED SOX NATION, BUT I TOLD YOU SO...... : He knows that, but Latino is the PC designation. I don't think Agon was born in Mexico, but perhaps his family came from there.
    Posted by Alibiike

i doubt he knows anything; and alibi, quit making excuses for everybody.
    you're here to provide alibis and nothing else.
    like where was i when crawford and slackey disappeared?
    you respond by stating "he was with me, officer. we were playing cards."

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from cglassanos. Show cglassanos's posts

AJ Burnett deserves more credit than he's being given... for last night's game that is.  His breaking pitches were filthy.  Not saying AJ "Ratface" Burnett is anything other than a crappy pitcher right now or for most of his Yankee tenure so far, but when he's pitched well he's usually been brilliant. 

So the Yanks came away with 2, big deal.  Plenty of ball left and one more NY-BOS series.  We'll see who's left standing in October.

Go Sox.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from cglassanos. Show cglassanos's posts

Bill, its cool brother.  Look, gotta figure the Yankees are gonna take ONE series in a season.  The beautiful thing?  Sox have been solid enough that they come out the other side still with a grip (albeit ever so tentative) on first.  This thing is going down to the wire Bill.  i told you this before.  And I tell you again.  Nothing can be done about.  It was destined to be.  Settle in and grab a 'Gansett or 24.  Its gonna be a grind of a September.  
    Posted by SpacemanEephus

Hey friend, have a Gansett!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: SORRY RED SOX NATION, BUT I TOLD YOU SO...... : Space, I think our bullpen is destined to collapse thats what i'm worried about if Dan Wheeler & others  don't take the place of Albers, Morales & Aceeves & let these  guys rest  it could be an early Oct. All Tito had to do was give the take sign after the first three pitches & we could have won the game the sox killed them selves in the first inning swinging at garbage we could have had bases loaded & no outs &  destroyed AJ but we swung at sh-t
    Posted by tc25

You are definitely right to be concerned about the bullpen, but Buchholz may be available during the playoffs this year.  Also Jenks should be back soon. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

man, this forum needs to take a deep breath, make sure the frosties are in the friggie and kick back and relax. we are ok! trust me. we are ok. we still got 3 games with the yanks down in the bronx. what our club needs to focus on is winning one game at a time and stop worrying so much about the score board.

and for the guy who said he hated the yankees worst than cancer. trust me pal. I had cancer and you don't even want to know what that was like.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

In Response to Re: SORRY RED SOX NATION, BUT I TOLD YOU SO...... : Burnett pitched a great game last night.  He has struggled lately, but maybe will show improvement for the remainder of the regular season.  Lester didn't pitch well to start the game.  It happens.  Our bullpen also struggled.  You can't expect them to be perfect every night. 
    Posted by susan250

For the record...Lester 5 IP 1 ER / Burnett 5 1/3 IP 2 ER, both pitched about as well and the homeplate umpire allowed. The first innings Lester got squeezed on about a half dozen srtikes that would've ended the inning and ulitmately the 40 or so he threw lead to his dimise and it didn't get much better as the game wore on...Burnett did pitch well, his curveball was unhittable and he kept the ball down...solid performance but he too couldn't make it through the 5th...

Our bullpen pen didn't struggle as much as the umpire struggled to call strikes....

In the 7th Aceves made some quality pitches to both Jones and the kid Montero but the home plate ump wouldn't ring either if the them up and Jones walked and the kid got his uniform brushed with an inside fastball. Then Martin was the beneficiary of not one but two calls that clearly should have been called third strikes on him, a result Bard made a mistake and threw the ball over the heart of the plate...Tip of the cap to Martin for squaring it up and fouling off some nasty sliders during a tough at bat, end of the day blue was horrible (both ways) it's tough enough to get big leaguers out with the postage stamp zone that is the modern strike zone, it's almost impossible when the plate gets shrunk, and even more so when it moves.

There's no crying in baseball, but last night the home plate umpire was horrid...if we want to call out players for struggling or failing it's only fair to call out blue when he struggles as badly as the guy last night did!

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

Girardi managed a heck of a game last night, this is not knocking Tito at all. The difference was Girardi's moves last night worked. If Granderson doesn't make that catch, it could have backfired. Huge play in the game.
    Posted by bobbysu

Please explain? exactly what Girardi did vs Francona what francona didn't do? I concur Granderson made a great catch and so too did Gardner both plays may well have been the differnce in thre game...

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

As my dad would say "Son....they play all 162 games for a reason"

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1for89. Show 1for89's posts

As my dad would say "Son....they play all 162 games for a reason"
    Posted by ctredsoxfanhugh

It is a long season.  It is getting shorter, and a good pennant race is a VERY good thing.

Sections
Shortcuts