Sorry

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeaconHill19. Show BeaconHill19's posts

Re: Sorry

Today is not a weekday. Yazzer and Babe are not in the office with nothing to do. But you are right on saying that losses bring out more traffic to the forum. It is an Internet phenomena for some reason. Perhaps Dr. Phil could tell us why it happens. Many here come here to protect their egos from past comments made by them for which they were challenged. They then need to come here to prove themselves right. Somewhere along the way they forget that they are Red Sox fans. Their ego trumps their fandom.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

It happens because true long time Red Sox fans are fatalists. There is that well earned over time sense of doom, always looming out there.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ABQDan. Show ABQDan's posts

Actually, I think they just come to grieve.  I no longer live in Boston, and as the team has been cratering I needed a place to go.  "Misery loves company."

I guess Pitino was right .... hahahhahahhaha

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

important win for the Sox yesterday, not just for having Beckett back on the bump, a loss the Rays can't make up, with a loss today, they would essentially need to take 3 of 4 against the Yanks, no doubt they will also have an eye cast on the final Yanks/Sox series..

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In Response to Re: Sorry:
    It happens because true long time Red Sox fans are fatalists. There is that well earned over time sense of doom, always looming out there.
    Posted by sindarin-erebor

I am 45 and have been following the Sox since I was 10.  At one point I did believe the Red Sox would never win a WS in my lifetime.  So I have to disagree.  Log time Sox fans respect the current regime for winning 2 WS.  These guys that whine and complain are pink hatted noobs.  Long time sox fans know how lucky we are now.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

GM Jete.I see Arod 's back in the line up today for NY.Should be an interesting finish to the regular season.Although it's somewhat unlikely,Boston still has a chance to overtake the Yankees for the AL East title.I have a feeling there's going to be some great games coming up in the next couple of weeks.
     As TO would say"Get your popcorn ready".

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

In Response to Re: Sorry : I am 45 and have been following the Sox since I was 10.  At one point I did believe the Red Sox would never win a WS in my lifetime.  So I have to disagree.  Log time Sox fans respect the current regime for winning 2 WS.  These guys that whine and complain are pink hatted noobs.  Long time sox fans know how lucky we are now.
    Posted by snakeoil123

Respect and luck are valid points. However 39 years (1965-2004) of being a long suffering Red Sox Fan, it is very hard to shake the fatalism when The Sox crater.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from WC5842. Show WC5842's posts

Back to the edge if they lose the next two. You know it and I know it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from WC5842. Show WC5842's posts

Back to the edge if they lose the next two. You know it and I know it.
    Posted by WC5842
    Back to the edge... Long night until Sunday

Sections
Shortcuts