1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Re: Source: Carl Crawford is planning to ask the #RedSox to allow him to have Tommy John surgery next week.

At this point what's he worst that could happen? We lose a few more games and get a better draft pick?

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Re: Source: Carl Crawford is planning to ask the #RedSox to allow him to have Tommy John surgery next week.

One could easily question wheter playing Nava, Ciriaco or Ross in LF instead of CC is actually "giving up".

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Re: Source: Carl Crawford is planning to ask the #RedSox to allow him to have Tommy John surgery next week.:
    [QUOTE]One could easily question wheter playing Nava, Ciriaco or Ross in LF instead of CC is actually "giving up".
    Posted by moonslav59[

Like I said moon, Ciriaco is a keeper and it would be a thing of beauty to see Iggy, Bradley and Bogaerts follow suit.  A lot of options if all four live up to their potential. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

I see no good reason to postpone that surgery.  If we get real for just a minute we have to realize that it would take a minor miracle for the Sox to get even the 2nd WC spot, and even if they do the WC is now structured so as to make it even more difficult for a WC team to be successful in the playoffs. 

NEWS FLASH!  The odds against the Sox winning the WS this year are astronomical.  BUILD for the future.  Start getting CC ready for opening day 2014 now!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 6k42lt913c. Show 6k42lt913c's posts

Whether the FO decides to send Crawford to surgery tomorrow or not isn't what bothers me. What annoys me is that posters sitting on their couch with a sixpack of Bud think that they are more informed about the situation than the FO is. The same posters ( trolls / chronic malcontents) always think that the FO is the bogeyman and is out to get them. Many of them have an anti-authority complex. 

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 6k42lt913c. Show 6k42lt913c's posts

Danny thinks that changing the manager will work a miracle.  It need not be logical or reasonable.  Danny often puts his mouth into gear before thinking. His passion trumps out his reason and he admits that. That is why so many on the forum disagree with him.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In Response to Re: Source: Carl Crawford is planning to ask the #RedSox to allow him to have Tommy John surgery next week.:
    [QUOTE]Again, why do we wait to do what is best for the player, instead of doing what is best for the team? This surgery should have been done long ago.
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]

Correct and doing what's best for the team is best for CC.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]dannycater is pretending to believe that the Sox have a chance this season because I think he actually believes that his posts might actually somehow influence a decision on firing Valentine now as opposed to waiting for the offseason....as if Henry and Lucchino are reading this board for input. _________________________________ Curt Schilling Deadbeat Fraud Clown
    Posted by bellhorn_[/QUOTE]

It's not over til the fat lady sings.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Should have had surgery in april

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from michaelsjr. Show michaelsjr's posts

Well he can't throw - he may as well go ahead and have the surgery and be able to play most or all 2013 season.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

" This surgery should have been done long ago."

I have a slightly different view on that - I'm glad they gave him a chance to regain some confidence he could play in Boston, I think that's very good for his psyche as he works to recover from this. But now, it's time. I think they're just afraid of taking another big PR hit, but they have to take it.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Source: Carl Crawford is planning to ask the #RedSox to allow him to have Tommy John surgery next week. : CC had to get the okay from the Sox Medical Team:
    Posted by 2004Idiots[/QUOTE]

Exactly

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

[QUOTE]" This surgery should have been done long ago." I have a slightly different view on that - I'm glad they gave him a chance to regain some confidence he could play in Boston, I think that's very good for his psyche as he works to recover from this. But now, it's time. I think they're just afraid of taking another big PR hit, but they have to take it.
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but at what cost? At $20M a year, he's playing at a time when it doesn't matter. Now he's looking at not returning until June.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Some one who just turned 30 and is in great condition should recover closer to the 6 month mark than the 9 month...he could be back by April if he got it before the end of august. That would be 7-8 months...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

As several posters have mentioned, this surgery should have already taken place and Crawford should already be in recovery mode.

Four games under .500 with 5 teams to jump over just to get to a one game possible playoff is not worth wasting this guy for half/all of next year.

It is good to see that he is playing well after what he went through last year.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Boston is seven games back in the Wild Card with only 41 games to go.

This season is over.  So let Crawford get surgery ASAP and make sure he is fully healthy for 2013.  

A no-brainer if you ask me.   

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]" This surgery should have been done long ago." I have a slightly different view on that - I'm glad they gave him a chance to regain some confidence he could play in Boston, I think that's very good for his psyche as he works to recover from this. But now, it's time. I think they're just afraid of taking another big PR hit, but they have to take it.
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]
    Good point he has also changed expectations of the fans not just his own. The guy if healthy is very good.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to "Re: Source: Carl Crawford is planning to ask the #RedSox to allow him to have Tommy John surgery next week.": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Source: Carl Crawford is planning to ask the #RedSox to allow him to have Tommy John surgery next week. : CC had to get the okay from the Sox Medical Team: Posted by 2004Idiots[/QUOTE] "You need a new elbow? Why soitunly! Nyuk, nyuk, nyuk!"

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[QUOTE]Some one who just turned 30 and is in great condition should recover closer to the 6 month mark than the 9 month...he could be back by April if he got it before the end of august. That would be 7-8 months...
    Posted by southpaw777[/QUOTE]

I live near Houston, CC's hometown, and his 365 day workout regime is legendary in these parts.