1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBruinFan1982. Show BostonBruinFan1982's posts

Re: Source: Carl Crawford is planning to ask the #RedSox to allow him to have Tommy John surgery next week.

No surgury for Carl. Play with the injury for the next 5 years

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Re: Source: Carl Crawford is planning to ask the #RedSox to allow him to have Tommy John surgery next week.

In Response to Re: Source: Carl Crawford is planning to ask the #RedSox to allow him to have Tommy John surgery next week.:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Source: Carl Crawford is planning to ask the #RedSox to allow him to have Tommy John surgery next week. : CC had to get the okay from the Sox Medical Team:
    Posted by 2004Idiots[/QUOTE]

Keep me out of this!!

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Are Tommy John and Lou Gehrig more famous for their baseball, or for the medical terms named after them?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: Source: Carl Crawford is planning to ask the #RedSox to allow him to have Tommy John surgery next week.:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Source: Carl Crawford is planning to ask the #RedSox to allow him to have Tommy John surgery next week. : The standings are a non factor now, so why not just go ahead and get it done.
    Posted by jpBsSoxFan[/QUOTE]

Definitely agree with you and many others.  Crawford should have the surgery now.  It will give him a better chance of being a major contributor next season. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

[QUOTE]Again, why do we wait to do what is best for the player, instead of doing what is best for the team? This surgery should have been done long ago.
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]

Actually, I think what's transpired has been best for both CC and the team.  He badly needed to show he could actually hit, run, etc.  He's done that.  The team badly needed the CC they are paying huge amounts of money to. 

Now is the right time to seriously consider putting him on the DL.  The Sox aren't out of it by any means, but are unlikely to make the playoffs with this rotation.  CC will be another significant loss, but at this point a loss that can't hurt that much more. 

A healthy and, more importantly, productive CC in 2013 is the best bet.  Six months from August is February 2013, about right.  Six months from June or even July was too soon.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Actually, I think what's transpired has been best for both CC and the team.  He badly needed to show he could actually hit, run, etc.  He's done that.  The team badly needed the CC they are paying huge amounts of money to.  

He has just 113 ABs and a .308 OBP. He's proven nothing yet, except maybe that he's doing slightly better than 2011 on offense only.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

I think the Sox need to stay out of the FA market period - regardless of who is available and think smart trades and youth.  (not sure we have the horses in place for smart trades, but youth yes)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

[QUOTE]Actually, I think what's transpired has been best for both CC and the team.  He badly needed to show he could actually hit, run, etc.  He's done that.  The team badly needed the CC they are paying huge amounts of money to.   He has just 113 ABs and a .308 OBP. He's proven nothing yet, except maybe that he's doing slightly better than 2011 on offense only.
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]

I said show, not prove.  His OPS right now is 100 points over last year and 20 over his career OPS.  Given the long layoff and no ST, I think that's huge.  Short term, absolutely.  But still signficant. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Source: Carl Crawford is planning to ask the #RedSox to allow him to have Tommy John surgery next week. : I said show, not prove.  His OPS right now is 100 points over last year and 20 over his career OPS.  Given the long layoff and no ST, I think that's huge.  Short term, absolutely.  But still signficant. 
    Posted by maxbialystock[/QUOTE]

Agreed.

I wsill say, I am not feeling any better about his fielding or abiltiy to get on base, especially since he will likely bat st (if Ells is dealt) or 2nd next year.

Small sample size, but I like how he is doing better vs LHPs this year. That has been a huge issue with me.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

[QUOTE]I wonder if Tommy John knows they named a sugery after him. _________________________________ Curt Schilling Deadbeat Fraud Clown
    Posted by bellhorn_[/QUOTE]

I bet its come up...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Re: Source: Carl Crawford is planning to ask the #RedSox to allow him to have Tommy John surgery next week./Update Decision w...

With 30 teams in MLB , it is somehow fitting that diseases and surgeries are named after former Yankees. 

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Re: Source: Carl Crawford is planning to ask the #RedSox to allow him to have Tommy John surgery next week./Update Surgery Th...

It's the right thing to do. He played until the team was toast and frankly did a better job than Nava/Kalish. I can't believe I'm actually complimenting CC, but for what it's worth, he did more than I can ever expect of him in 2012.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxvsGiants. Show RedSoxvsGiants's posts

Re: Source: Carl Crawford is planning to ask the #RedSox to allow him to have Tommy John surgery next week./Update Surgery Th...

Great,  why dont the give season ending surgeries to the entire team.  We dont need them anymore.  They should just let the Pawsox take the place of the Red Sox.  How much you want to bet me that the Pawsox would have a better season ending record than the current Red Sox.  20 million dollars for half a season...wait oh oops Carls back just went out.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.