SOURCE: METS willing to part with DAVID WRIGHT for a package including MidDellBrooks+JB, u digging this?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ImagydSportsBos. Show ImagydSportsBos's posts

SOURCE: METS willing to part with DAVID WRIGHT for a package including MidDellBrooks+JB, u digging this?

i find this intriguing.. been rumored for a while but seems its picking up traction in NY. has like 4 years left at high $, plays everyday under very depressing circumstances in MLB equivalent of Yellowstone. great clubhouse guy and like Jeter is the Captain. depending on things go with stanton, i would consider kicking in those doors.. can also incl craigy in a package as well..

Da Commy's on the 5th dimension of CONSCIOUSNESS, I'm just a humble servant at the 3rd dimension like the rest of y'all mere mortals!

@imagydBoston... Twitter is where its at!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Re: SOURCE: METS willing to part with DAVID WRIGHT for a package including MidDellBrooks+JB, u digging this?

What is da source or is it da magination

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Re: SOURCE: METS willing to part with DAVID WRIGHT for a package including MidDellBrooks+JB, u digging this?

As long as WMB and JBJ are the core of the package, why not?

"There is no try.  Do or Don't"

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Does David W. have anything left ????   You know how I feel about players in their TWILIGHT  !!!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

i'll pass unless da mets eat da salary.

other names i have posted under:  none

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

In response to billge's comment:

What is da source or is it da magination

Free-UB told him.

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Commy's defense, I do think MidDELLbrooks is the best derogatory nickname that has yet been given to Will.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

MidDELLbrooks is pretty good.

Mediocre Streams would be a reach, wouldn't it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

MidDELLbrooks is pretty good.

Mediocre Streams would be a reach, wouldn't it.

[object HTMLDivElement]

That is a reach Hfx.  But, I am not judging.  I have tried Middlbroke, Will the Ill, and others.  Fails, all.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

My preferred nickname from 2012, 'Will to Power,' does not look like it's going to hold up.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

i live in NY and read all the NY papers and this is the first I heard of this rumour, but.....even though Wright is having an off year....seems injury ridden lately....and is due 95 /mil over the next 5 years, if they would trade him for MBrooks/JBJ, two guys who probably arent making the club next year....I would do it in a second.....wright would have 50 doubles/25 hrs with Fenway as his home park....and when healthy he is a good defender.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

In response to ImagydSportsBos' comment:

i find this intriguing.. been rumored for a while but seems its picking up traction in NY. has like 4 years left at high $, plays everyday under very depressing circumstances in MLB equivalent of Yellowstone. great clubhouse guy and like Jeter is the Captain. depending on things go with stanton, i would consider kicking in those doors.. can also incl craigy in a package as well..

Da Commy's on the 5th dimension of CONSCIOUSNESS, I'm just a humble servant at the 3rd dimension like the rest of y'all mere mortals!

Wright is 32, hitting about .270 with 8 HR; I can't see trading two pieces of baggage for one more piece of baggage, Put Holt at 3rd, and let's go play ball. If someone wants those rwo for a decent pitcher, now you're talking.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Commie has no sources and he is wrong about everything so I don't really want to encourage his trash posts.

But, if his medical history checks out Wright will like Mike Lowell here. .280/.365 with 16-20 HR's, 32-36 doubles and 75-85 RBI's on the low end with maybe a Lowell in 2007 season thrown in there like .310/.390 with 30, 45 and 110.

Lowell was traded for right before his age 32 season as well. The Sox ended up committing 5 years 55 million or so to him and it was worth it for at least 3 of those. Wright at 5 years 95 million is a much steeper price even with market inflation, but I would probably do it to shore up a position that has been a major weakness ever since Beltre was allowed to walk.

Wright could always be part of a DH platoon when Papi retires and someone from the farm is ready.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to bosoxmal's comment:

Wright is 32, hitting about .270 with 8 HR; I can't see trading two pieces of baggage for one more piece of baggage, Put Holt at 3rd, and let's go play ball. If someone wants those rwo for a decent pitcher, now you're talking.

Nothing to see here, lets move on  !!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from fishers5. Show fishers5's posts

Thanks but no thanks.. Too old..too much money  to broken down and owed and those players can be included in other deals
    Always Right.....at least in my mind

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Not sure many people have noticed but Holt has tailed off since his early burst of offense.  Hid 287BA is still pretty good along with a .334OBP but lets see how he ends the season.  Holt has little power and needs to hit because he is not an every day defensive player which is another reason Cecchini can't play 3B.  If we don't upgrade with a Stanton I want another power bat/OB guy somewhere and 3B is the logical place. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from sycophant123. Show sycophant123's posts

In response to craze4sox's comment:

Not sure many people have noticed but Holt has tailed off since his early burst of offense.  Hid 287BA is still pretty good along with a .334OBP but lets see how he ends the season.  Holt has little power and needs to hit because he is not an every day defensive player which is another reason Cecchini can't play 3B.  If we don't upgrade with a Stanton I want another power bat/OB guy somewhere and 3B is the logical place. 

Holt is not a guy you want starting. He is the perfect utility guy, but his OPS this year is 711 and dropping. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

Agree on Holt. He had a really good May and June but then dropped to .278/.328/.389 (still respectable but nothing special) in July and then .254/.310/.288 (a Bradleyesque slugging percentage) in August, all of which was pretty foreseeable despite his exciting first half.

I see him more as a multi-positional utility guy and think he'll be very valuable in that role next year; like Nava, he's great to have when injuries come a'calling, but I would not necessarily pencil him in as an everyday player.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to Flapjack07's comment:

Agree on Holt. He had a really good May and June but then dropped to .278/.328/.389 (still respectable) in July and then .254/.310/.288 (a Bradleyesque slugging percentage) in August, all of which was pretty foreseeable despite his exciting first half.

I see him more as a multi-positional utility guy and think he'll be very valuable in that role next year; like Nava, he's great to have when injuries come a'calling, but I would not necessarily pencil him in as an everyday player.

[object HTMLDivElement]

But, man, the notion of having Nava as your OF/1B utility guy and Holt as your IF utility guy is pretty exciting.  Super subs forrealsies.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:

Agree on Holt. He had a really good May and June but then dropped to .278/.328/.389 (still respectable) in July and then .254/.310/.288 (a Bradleyesque slugging percentage) in August, all of which was pretty foreseeable despite his exciting first half.

[object HTMLDivElement]

But, man, the notion of having Nava as your OF/1B utility guy and Holt as your IF utility guy is pretty exciting.  Super subs forrealsies.

I agree but lets just roll with the punches our FO plans on laying out.  For Nava to stay in the mix we would need to lose a few guys through trade and Shane "if healthy" is much more valuable.  Holt has the best shot at sticking as our super utility IF guy, we really don't need him in the OF for obvious reasons but its nice to know he can play there if needed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to craze4sox's comment:

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:

[object HTMLDivElement]

I agree but lets just roll with the punches our FO plans on laying out.  For Nava to stay in the mix we would need to lose a few guys through trade and Shane "if healthy" is much more valuable.  Holt has the best shot at sticking as our super utility IF guy, we really don't need him in the OF for obvious reasons but its nice to know he can play there if needed.

[object HTMLDivElement]

Yeah, Nava has a harder road to stay with the club, given the glut of OF, but:

1. "if healthy" Shane Victorino - coming off serious back surgery?  I dont know man.  Gonna be hard to move so they may be stuck with him.  I am no doctore, but i do play one on the internet.  I think we have seen the last of Shane Victorino having any value.

2. JBJ is JBJ 

3. Allen Craig is trade bait.  I find it hard to believe he sticks around in a back up role (you see what I did there?  I totally pencilled in a starting OF of Cespedes/Castillo/Betts).

4. Daniel Nava is the survivor of all survivors.  As a betting man, I wouldn't bet against Nava finding a way onto the roster.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I would not count on Holt as my FT 3Bman or SS next year. Having Bogey at SS and Holt at 3B would be a poor defensive left side IF that may not be compensated for by significant plus offense relative to their counterparts at their positions.

I agree we need an acquisition at 3B (or possibly SS, but I doubt they try Bogey at 3B again real soon).

I'd still like to convert some of our quantity in our OF to more quality, and I have mentioned that I think Craig and Napoli do not both need to be on our 2015 roster, so maybe something gives there.

I think Betts has to get a legitimate shot at a FT position. That squeezes somebody somewhere, so Ben has to decide which player is the right one to "squeeze" (or trade). I hope he chooses wisely. It's not an easy choice to make.

Sox4ever

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Source.....there is no source. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

Source.....there is no source. 

I think it was in a podcast.....

Sections
Shortcuts