SOURCE: one STEPHEN DREW could be walking thru those FENWAY doors by the ALL-STar BREAK!

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Re: SOURCE: one STEPHEN DREW could be walking thru those FENWAY doors by the ALL-STar BREAK!

Couple of things:

1.   I know it's early still--Houston is 5 games back of the Sox in the win column--can you imagine going from first to last and have the Astros possibly finish ahead of the Sox?

2.   Drew would give Marrero another season to be ready for SS at Fenway.

3.   Hopefully if WMB has a good season at AAA playing 1 B the Sox would have a more valuable commodity either to trade or future 1 B--he's still young.

4.   Probably to get Drew to sign the Sox have to guarantee him he will not be made a QO at the end of the season.

5.   This may be a good move again for the Sox--Drew's in a walk year and has to prove he can still play. 

6.   Playing 3 B for Xander is a more natural position for him---perhaps a little less pressure.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Re: SOURCE: one STEPHEN DREW could be walking thru those FENWAY doors by the ALL-STar BREAK!

At this point, I don't see any reason not to make that move. Drew is a much better hitter than MB right now, and is a veteran. He's also better with the glove than Bog at ss. I say do it. Drew got a lot of big hits last year. In Boston, like it or not, the name Drew = Championships. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

Now you run into a problem which has happened before.  Players who sit out don't always come back to produce. Saying that, Xander's arm is getting weaker and the plays at first are getting very close.  Even Remy is commenting on close the plays are getting when Xander is throwing.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

At this point, I don't see any reason not to make that move. Drew is a much better hitter than MB right now, and is a veteran. He's also better with the glove than Bog at ss. I say do it. Drew got a lot of big hits last year. In Boston, like it or not, the name Drew = Championships. 

[/QUOTE]

Drew couldn't hit his way out of a paper bag in the playoffs.... Something around 2-53 ? 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to donrd4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Drew couldn't hit his way out of a paper bag in the playoffs.... Something around 2-53 ? 

[/QUOTE]

6 for 54.  It was his defence that made him valuable in the playoffs.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

For what it's worth, there is no bigger troll on these threads anymore than CC. 

This idea exists purely in his own, delusional mind.  He's somewhere in the neighborhood of 0 for 10,000 in his thread predictions. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Saw Xanderin the minors a little and what I remember was not so much a weak arm. as a tendency to sling the ball, sort of casual or cool approach which had the same results, closer plays than  necessary.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

SOURCE:...............what was your source again?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

The amusing part is 'by the All-Star Break'.  The ASB is about 7 weeks away.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

No one wants Drew and the only team that could use him and where he would be truly welcomed is Boston...with WMB hurt this might be the excuse for all sides to save face and get him back...I don't think its going to help but it might shake up the team a bit and I think that's needed

As always - 100% correct!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to georom4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

No one wants Drew and the only team that could use him and where he would be truly welcomed is Boston...with WMB hurt this might be the excuse for all sides to save face and get him back...I don't think its going to help but it might shake up the team a bit and I think that's needed

[/QUOTE]

No one wants Drew before June 6th.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

correct

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Sign him to a two year deal, with a option for a third year, send Middlebrooks to Triple AAA and let him get his confidence back, then deal him at the end of the year in a package. Move Beaggerts to third base. Send Bradley to the minors with a hitting instructor and hope he learns how to hit at the major league level. They are going to have to sign a journeyman CF while Bradley learns to hit and get his confidence back.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to AL34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Sign him to a two year deal, with a option for a third year, send Middlebrooks to Triple AAA and let him get his confidence back, then deal him at the end of the year in a package. Move Beaggerts to third base. Send Bradley to the minors with a hitting instructor and hope he learns how to hit at the major league level. They are going to have to sign a journeyman CF while Bradley learns to hit and get his confidence back.

[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah? and what Journey man outfielder would that be????  Who do you find that can replace JBJ's glove in the outfield?  Or who can at least come close and have a bat that is better enough to make up for a defensive decline??

Odds are if such a player exists...he's not a journeyman player...he's a starter.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Boston already has a journeyman Centerfielder in their organization.....Corey Brown.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah? and what Journey man outfielder would that be????  Who do you find that can replace JBJ's glove in the outfield?  Or who can at least come close and have a bat that is better enough to make up for a defensive decline??

Odds are if such a player exists...he's not a journeyman player...he's a starter.

[/QUOTE]

I don't. Know what journey outfielder, but I was not the idiot who let Ellsbury walk. The problem with Bradley is that the more you play him, and the more he does not hit, the less confident he becomes. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The Yankees are going to want Drew next year when Jeter finally retires.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to CommyContrarianOnTwitter's comment:
    [QUOTE]

i believe him, writing seems on the wall. you overpay him for the rest of the year and guarntee him the regular SS spot as x moves to 3rd and milly is put back in last year's corner in the minors indefinitely and on the trading back. he's going to b buried on the depth chart going forward.

...and that's the bottom line for the Commy says so! COMMY COMMY COMMY COMMY COMMY CONTRARIAN, HE COMES AND GOES, HE COMES AND GOES... @commyContrarian on Twitter!

[/QUOTE]NO WAY....... WE DON'T NEED A GUY THAT TURNED DOWN 14.5MIL IN JANUARY TO WALK THRU THOSE DOORS AT ALL, PERIOD !!!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

i believe him, writing seems on the wall. you overpay him for the rest of the year and guarntee him the regular SS spot as x moves to 3rd and milly is put back in last year's corner in the minors indefinitely and on the trading back. he's going to b buried on the depth chart going forward.

...and that's the bottom line for the Commy says so! COMMY COMMY COMMY COMMY COMMY CONTRARIAN, HE COMES AND GOES, HE COMES AND GOES... @commyContrarian on Twitter!

[/QUOTE]NO WAY....... WE DON'T NEED A GUY THAT TURNED DOWN 14.5MIL IN JANUARY TO WALK THRU THOSE DOORS AT ALL, PERIOD !!!!

[/QUOTE]

That attitude is cutting off your nose to spite your face.  The Sox need this guy, regardless of what he did last winter.  

Having the right to do something doesn't make it the right thing to do.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Bill, reportedly, he wanted to return to Boston. He also wanted a multi year deal, which I'm sure Borass promised to deliver.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You're not JBJ's father or agent are you? Only his parents or his agent would be defending him at this point.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

In response to BogieAt12oclock's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You're not JBJ's father or agent are you? Only his parents or his agent would be defending him at this point.

[/QUOTE]

JB knows his stuff, but I disagree. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lex44. Show Lex44's posts

The Sox have had all this extra time to sign him while all the other teams are scared off by the draft pick. Soon the wait will be over by Drew and any team interested will be bidding for his services. Deep down He hates that draft pick that's been holding him back and his fondness of the Sox is probably long gone. Unless they strike real soon with a great offer he's heading somewhere else.  

Sections
Shortcuts