SOURCE: one STEPHEN DREW could be walking thru those FENWAY doors by the ALL-STar BREAK!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

Re: SOURCE: one STEPHEN DREW could be walking thru those FENWAY doors by the ALL-STar BREAK!

In response to BogieAt12oclock's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to AL34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Sign him to a two year deal, with a option for a third year, send Middlebrooks to Triple AAA and let him get his confidence back, then deal him at the end of the year in a package. Move Beaggerts to third base. Send Bradley to the minors with a hitting instructor and hope he learns how to hit at the major league level. They are going to have to sign a journeyman CF while Bradley learns to hit and get his confidence back.

[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah? and what Journey man outfielder would that be????  Who do you find that can replace JBJ's glove in the outfield?  Or who can at least come close and have a bat that is better enough to make up for a defensive decline??

Odds are if such a player exists...he's not a journeyman player...he's a starter.

[/QUOTE]

You're not JBJ's father or agent are you? Only his parents or his agent would be defending him at this point.

[/QUOTE]

Funny, man. Your posts are getting funnier and funnier..)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Re: SOURCE: one STEPHEN DREW could be walking thru those FENWAY doors by the ALL-STar BREAK!

Drew and/or Boras overestimated his value on the open market. He is a decent , steady shortstop. Nothing special on defense or at bat. I would be mildly surprised if the Sox brought him back now. That said, it might not be a bad idea at this point. 

Stabbed by Foulke.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

i always thought my 2 yr 15 mil offer suggestion was a good realistic option for Drew   instead he saw $$$$$ and he's not worth that to anyone, not even the team he won the title with 

As always - 100% correct!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to ampoule's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Sign him to a two year deal, with a option for a third year, send Middlebrooks to Triple AAA and let him get his confidence back, then deal him at the end of the year in a package. Move Beaggerts to third base. Send Bradley to the minors with a hitting instructor and hope he learns how to hit at the major league level. They are going to have to sign a journeyman CF while Bradley learns to hit and get his confidence back.

[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah? and what Journey man outfielder would that be????  Who do you find that can replace JBJ's glove in the outfield?  Or who can at least come close and have a bat that is better enough to make up for a defensive decline??

Odds are if such a player exists...he's not a journeyman player...he's a starter.

[/QUOTE]

You're not JBJ's father or agent are you? Only his parents or his agent would be defending him at this point.

[/QUOTE]

Funny, man. Your posts are getting funnier and funnier..)

[/QUOTE]

Coming from someone with no sense of humor, I'll take that as a compliment. In regards to JBJ, a player whose all glove and no bat. Yep, there's definitely a shortage of those in the minor leagues.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No I am not his father, and I'm certainly not Scott Boras.  But the mystery remains....where is this "journeyman" center fielder who is a better option than JBJ going forward???

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Hey--don't look now but the Houston Astros have won 16 games the Sox have won 20 games. 

Our 1 B should be on the DL---it's been between 60  and 70 AB's since your clean-up hitter has hit a dinger. The way he's going it may be another month. Our TV announcers haven't brought that  up--it takes the ESPN guys to remind us of that.

Should he be playing? No. Then he's fiddling around with a runner between 1 B and 2 B and needs Peavy to remind him there's a play at 1 B to get a 3 rd out. This group thinks they are still in the off-season enjoying the glow of the WS.

Who is running the dugout and the clubhouse? No wonder teams haven't been pitching to Ortiz. If our GM can't find someone to take a 1 B's place get a new GM. Carp would be as good as Nap and let Ortiz figure the rest out.

So we have no one in AA and AAA that can play SS, !B, C, and CF--we have to bring back a guy that is somewhat injury prone anyway, that hasn't had ST, missed the first  1/4 of the season and won't be ready to play until mid June and someone you'll pay $5 M to that may play 50-70 games. I suggest you have a SS in Marrero--give him a shot. Castellanos for Detroit plays a decent D at age 22, Maldonado for the O's is about the same age---why do we have to spend millions at every position. Marrero has had some great competition through his collegiate program. Can Marrero bunt? We know he can field--start there bring him up.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Just a little info about Deven Marrero--in case you aren't familiar with him:

Age23---currently plays SS at AA. Keystone partner of Mookie Betts. Not flashy--makes the plays.

Ranked No. 11 among Red Sox prospects by MLB.com entering the 2014 season. ... Participated in the 2014 Red Sox Rookie Program in January. ... Was named the Red Sox's 2013 Minor League Baserunner of the Year. ... Ranked No. 10 among Red Sox prospects by MLB.com entering the 2013 season. ... In 2013, he became the first Red Sox position player to be invited to Major League Spring Training the year after being drafted since Scott Hatteberg (1992). ... Ranked second in the New York-Penn League in stolen bases in 2012. ... Selected by the Boston Red Sox in the first round (24th overall) of the 2012 First-Year Player Draft out of Arizona State University. ... Was named first team All-Pac-12 and first team Academic All-District VIII in 2012. ... Was named Pac-10 Defensive Player of the Year and first team All-Pac-10 in 2011. ... Was selected a Collegiate Baseball first team Freshman All-American in 2010 after setting a school freshman record with a .397 batting average. ... Was a teammate of Royals first baseman Eric Hosmer at American Heritage High School in Plantation, Fla. ... Is the cousin of Christian Marrero, an outfielder in the Atlanta Braves system, and Chris Marrero, a first baseman in the Washington Nationals organization.

No, I am not his uncle.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to CommyContrarianOnTwitter's comment:
    [QUOTE]

i believe him, writing seems on the wall. you overpay him for the rest of the year and guarntee him the regular SS spot as x moves to 3rd and milly is put back in last year's corner in the minors indefinitely and on the trading back. he's going to b buried on the depth chart going forward.

...and that's the bottom line for the Commy says so! COMMY COMMY COMMY COMMY COMMY CONTRARIAN, HE COMES AND GOES, HE COMES AND GOES... @commyContrarian on Twitter!

[/QUOTE]NO WAY....... WE DON'T NEED A GUY THAT TURNED DOWN 14.5MIL IN JANUARY TO WALK THRU THOSE DOORS AT ALL, PERIOD !!!!

[/QUOTE]

Yeah we do not need him, our rookies are doing just great this year, Ben and Larry have everything under control.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Why would a team going nowhere sign Stephen Drew? This team isn't going anywhere 

so they are not going to spend the money, period.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

In response to ADG's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Why would a team going nowhere sign Stephen Drew? This team isn't going anywhere 

[/QUOTE]

Because they have to do something and they do not want to give up all the gems that are major league ready coming up from Pawtucket. Larry and Ben overrated the rookies big time and it never occurred to them that they would all struggle. If this keeps up, the media up there will have a field day with the FO.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

The rumor has it they are interested in headley from SD. He is hitting 189. I do not know if i give up young talent for him though. He is better then holt or wmb. How much better at this point is anyones guess. Thier has to be better options out there. The lazy thing to say is nobody is trading right now.. It all depends what your looking for and what they want to give up. The perfect catch 22.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

i believe him, writing seems on the wall. you overpay him for the rest of the year and guarntee him the regular SS spot as x moves to 3rd and milly is put back in last year's corner in the minors indefinitely and on the trading back. he's going to b buried on the depth chart going forward.

...and that's the bottom line for the Commy says so! COMMY COMMY COMMY COMMY COMMY CONTRARIAN, HE COMES AND GOES, HE COMES AND GOES... @commyContrarian on Twitter!

[/QUOTE]NO WAY....... WE DON'T NEED A GUY THAT TURNED DOWN 14.5MIL IN JANUARY TO WALK THRU THOSE DOORS AT ALL, PERIOD !!!!

[/QUOTE]

Bill, reportedly, he wanted to return to Boston. He also wanted a multi year deal, which I'm sure Borass promised to deliver.

[/QUOTE]Does not matter .......  I just can not vision any of the DREW'S as a DAVEY CROCKETT type !!!!  & I can't stand BORA$$    !!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Bill, reportedly, he wanted to return to Boston. He also wanted a multi year deal, which I'm sure Borass promised to deliver.

[/QUOTE]Does not matter .......  I just can not vision any of the DREW'S as a DAVEY CROCKETT type !!!!  & I can't stand BORA$$    !!!

[/QUOTE]

FWIW, I can't stand Boras either.  I've railed loud and long about what I see as his motivation. (The 10% agent's fee of $20M is more than 10% of $14M so the more he can get for his clients the more Boras gets.)  Yes, he gets burned once in a while with players like Varitek and Drew but for him those are more than made up for by the big contracts he gets.  The thing is, he's good at what he does - in spite of the fact that IMO he's ruining baseball from the perspective of a fan.

However, if you don't want the Sox to sign any of Boras's clients they need to divest themselves of JBJ and Bogaerts immediately and resign themselves to signing for the most part second-tier free agents.  

It ain't pretty but it's where we are. 

Having the right to do something doesn't make it the right thing to do.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to donrd4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to TheExaminer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

At this point, I don't see any reason not to make that move. Drew is a much better hitter than MB right now, and is a veteran. He's also better with the glove than Bog at ss. I say do it. Drew got a lot of big hits last year. In Boston, like it or not, the name Drew = Championships. 

[/QUOTE]

Drew couldn't hit his way out of a paper bag in the playoffs.... Something around 2-53 ? 

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

I said he got a lot of big hits for the team, and he did. His average was mediocre, but he did get quite a few clutch hits. The HR at Houston, and there were 2-3 walk off hits just to name a few. His defense was also fantastic.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to S5's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

FWIW, I can't stand Boras either.  I've railed loud and long about what I see as his motivation. (The 10% agent's fee of $20M is more than 10% of $14M so the more he can get for his clients the more Boras gets.)  Yes, he gets burned once in a while with players like Varitek and Drew but for him those are more than made up for by the big contracts he gets.  The thing is, he's good at what he does - in spite of the fact that IMO he's ruining baseball from the perspective of a fan.

However, if you don't want the Sox to sign any of Boras's clients they need to divest themselves of JBJ and Bogaerts immediately and resign themselves to signing for the most part second-tier free agents.  

It ain't pretty but it's where we are. 

Having the right to do something doesn't make it the right thing to do.

[/QUOTE]Well, i think that we have a few years before that SHIP needs to SAIL  !!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Drew could BE HERE by the All-star break.....but it will be within in the next two weeks.  Because someone is going to sign him right after the draft if it isn't us before it. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

If I were the Tigers I would sign Drew as soon as he is eligible. Romine isn't cutting it, and they are in the win now mode. Drew would be smart jumping at a Tigers offer. Good chance he wins another WS, then hits FA, again.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

NO WAY....... WE DON'T NEED A GUY THAT TURNED DOWN 14.5MIL IN JANUARY TO WALK THRU THOSE DOORS AT ALL, PERIOD !!!!

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Most on this board can't stand Borass. That's what you and Borass have in common.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to ADG's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Because they have to do something and they do not want to give up all the gems that are major league ready coming up from Pawtucket. Larry and Ben overrated the rookies big time and it never occurred to them that they would all struggle. If this keeps up, the media up there will have a field day with the FO.

[/QUOTE]

Haha...why do you keep posting this claim over and over? If the RS "overrated" guys like Bradley and Bogaerts, so did the rest of the baseball world. JBJ has been a consensus top 30-50 prospect in MiLB over the last couple of years, while Xander was top 5 before this season.

You realize fans, scouts, sportswriters, etc. can watch and evaluate prospects for themselves and don't have to rely on what Ben and Larry say about them, right?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

I know when I think of  fixing our offensive woes, the first thing I think of is S Drew.... smh

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to georom4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I know when I think of  fixing our offensive woes, the first thing I think of is S Drew.... smh

[/QUOTE]

GEO, did you get to see Springsteen this weekend?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Do the Red Sox need Drew or do they need a big bat in the OF? Drew would be a waste of money.

Punch and Judy hitter in a lineup of non-hitters.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to georom4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

GEO, did you get to see Springsteen this weekend?

[/QUOTE]

Nope...and I will probably never will :(  I heard he played over a 3 hr show and was intense...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

In response to Lex44's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The Sox have had all this extra time to sign him while all the other teams are scared off by the draft pick. Soon the wait will be over by Drew and any team interested will be bidding for his services. Deep down He hates that draft pick that's been holding him back and his fondness of the Sox is probably long gone. Unless they strike real soon with a great offer he's heading somewhere else.  

[/QUOTE]

Why is his fondness gone? I don't want him. They offered him $14.1M for a year and he rejected it. Instead he's getting nothing. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

In response to MadMc44's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hey--don't look now but the Houston Astros have won 16 games the Sox have won 20 games. 

Our 1 B should be on the DL---it's been between 60  and 70 AB's since your clean-up hitter has hit a dinger. The way he's going it may be another month. Our TV announcers haven't brought that  up--it takes the ESPN guys to remind us of that.

Should he be playing? No. Then he's fiddling around with a runner between 1 B and 2 B and needs Peavy to remind him there's a play at 1 B to get a 3 rd out. This group thinks they are still in the off-season enjoying the glow of the WS.

Who is running the dugout and the clubhouse? No wonder teams haven't been pitching to Ortiz. If our GM can't find someone to take a 1 B's place get a new GM. Carp would be as good as Nap and let Ortiz figure the rest out.

So we have no one in AA and AAA that can play SS, !B, C, and CF--we have to bring back a guy that is somewhat injury prone anyway, that hasn't had ST, missed the first  1/4 of the season and won't be ready to play until mid June and someone you'll pay $5 M to that may play 50-70 games. I suggest you have a SS in Marrero--give him a shot. Castellanos for Detroit plays a decent D at age 22, Maldonado for the O's is about the same age---why do we have to spend millions at every position. Marrero has had some great competition through his collegiate program. Can Marrero bunt? We know he can field--start there bring him up.

[/QUOTE]

Bingo. Great post.

Sections
Shortcuts