SOURCE: SIZEMORE to start the season in MINORS!

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Re: SOURCE: SIZEMORE to start the season in MINORS!

In response to CommyContrarianOnTwitter's comment:
    [QUOTE]

just the buzz i've been sniffing and piecing together.. farrell keeps throwing out there that size needs more ABs after being out for 2 years and so forth. JBJ aint playing that horribly. may as well give him a shot after his torching end of season. we know he can play at aaa. y not just let him play everyday the first month and c what we got. can always bring in grady little on.. he's their as performance or inhury enhancement...

[/QUOTE]

PLEASE!

You're so plugged in that you missed JF clearly hinting that Sizemore would be the starting CF'r.

NICE TRY!

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Staff probably knew about the weather condition for yesterday's game ahead of time and shifted Sizemore's schedule to start the 3 game today so that his 3 game schedule won't be afftected.  Sizemore signed the major league contract.  He can't just start in the minor league because team wants him to.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

[QUOTE]

just the buzz i've been sniffing and piecing together.. farrell keeps throwing out there that size needs more ABs after being out for 2 years and so forth. JBJ aint playing that horribly. may as well give him a shot after his torching end of season. we know he can play at aaa. y not just let him play everyday the first month and c what we got. can always bring in grady little on.. he's there as performance or injury enhancement...

[/QUOTE]

Funny.... JBJ Ain't playing horrible? Does that mean he's just doing ok ? The guy stinks and never will amount to anything with Sox.  Maybe another team ? Houston? Let him hide and hopefully he can find less pressure and at least hit about 200.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

Yes, I think JF's comments lean more to Sizemore starting on OD.  Sizemore did go 0 for 3 his last start so JBJ still has a chance. I think JBJ starts today so we will see how he does.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

[QUOTE]

just the buzz i've been sniffing and piecing together.. farrell keeps throwing out there that size needs more ABs after being out for 2 years and so forth. JBJ aint playing that horribly. may as well give him a shot after his torching end of season. we know he can play at aaa. y not just let him play everyday the first month and c what we got. can always bring in grady little on.. he's there as performance or injury enhancement...

[/QUOTE]

The Committee says Sizemore on Opening Day.  It's official!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Everything Farrell says leans to Sizemore being our starting CF'er. Makes sense. JBJ will have his share of playing time this year in boston. But if GS is healthy, he the obvious choice and the better player.

and if GS should get a few more AB's in AAA, then so be it. If he's healthy and ready to go he will start in boston.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

Amazing with all the surgery he has had, how fast he is out of home plate.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

In response to steven11's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I know exactly where that back handed swipe is going.....  you're just chopping at the bit to go on one of your Ortiz bashing trips. Why not just add it to your 71 games thread.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

He's always been a very gifted athlete. Been on the shelf for 2 years recovering. it's great to see his instincts, speed, and defense is still there.

cant wait to watch him play CF in Boston this year?..

just wondering...are you adding GS to your hate list along with Papi? Sorry to break it to ya, but if GS is healthy, he's your starting CF in Boston. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:
    [QUOTE]

He's always been a very gifted athlete. Been on the shelf for 2 years recovering. it's great to see his instincts, speed, and defense is still there.

cant wait to watch him play CF in Boston this year?..

just wondering...are you adding GS to your hate list along with Papi? Sorry to break it to ya, but if GS is healthy, he's your starting CF in Boston. 

[/QUOTE]

Certainly looks like he is :-)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Actually, the reporting from Peter Abraham and others is that Sizemore is now the likely Boston starter and Bradley the likely Pawtucket starter. 

A month ago I think we all thought Bradley would get the Boston CF job if only because he is younger and much more likely to be durable for the tough grind of an MLB regular season.  But so far Sizemore has looked healthy and even durable, given that ST is never  a grind.  If he can stay healthy, Sizemore has the history that promises good hitting and even good fielding in CF.  Bradley's history so far is "good field, no hit." 

Here's a small factoid about Sizemore v. Ellsbury.  If Sizemore plays in 134 games this year--that is, misses 28 games or about one game a week--he will have played the same number of games that Ellsbury played last year.  I don't think he can do that, but what do I know? 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

In response to maxbialystock's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Actually, the reporting from Peter Abraham and others is that Sizemore is now the likely Boston starter and Bradley the likely Pawtucket starter. 

A month ago I think we all thought Bradley would get the Boston CF job if only because he is younger and much more likely to be durable for the tough grind of an MLB regular season.  But so far Sizemore has looked healthy and even durable, given that ST is never  a grind.  If he can stay healthy, Sizemore has the history that promises good hitting and even good fielding in CF.  Bradley's history so far is "good field, no hit." 

Here's a small factoid about Sizemore v. Ellsbury.  If Sizemore plays in 134 games this year--that is, misses 28 games or about one game a week--he will have played the same number of games that Ellsbury played last year.  I don't think he can do that, but what do I know? 

[/QUOTE]

He looks good and I like watching him play. He has really done well and another testimony to the Red Sox training staff.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

What a difference a year makes.  Last ST, we couldn't contain ourselves with JBJ.  Me included.  His plate approach looked awesome.  "Great plate discipline!"  Now the kid can't hit the broadside of a barn.

Most fans are already sold on the promise of Sizemore!  Including me!  The reality lies somewhere in between.  I hope Sizemore gets the nod, & is supported by plenty of rest.  I like the one dy per week gig.  The problem is, who spells him?  Do you keep JBJ up for that pupose?  Not sure tht's thebest thing for him unless he's also sharing time at all 3 OF positions.  Of course, that means Carp would likely need to be dealt. Not sure I like that, as he could be key at 1st.   Gomes is fine in the short porth of LF, but neither he, Carp, or Nava are a good option in RF.  JBJ could field Any of the 3 OF POSITIONS.  

See all the problems Sizemore is causing by looking like his old 5 tool self.  Time to deal him!!!  Sorry!  There's no roo. In the inn.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

See all the problems Sizemore is causing by looking like his old 5 tool self.  Time to deal him!!!  Sorry!  There's no room In the inn.

As soon as someone gets hurt, we'll be looking for a guy like...

.... Grady!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Grady could be this year's Victorino, but at half the price (but much less if he falters).

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

Brian MacPherson wrote an article today saying Shane could miss the first week of the season.  If so then Both Grady and JBJ could be starting on opening day.  JBJ is capable of playing right well.

@brianmacp

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Grady could be this year's Victorino, but at half the price (but much less if he falters).

[/QUOTE]

The truth is, if Sizemore can stay healthy there will be a net GAIN in CF. His career numbers, especially his power numbers, are superior to those of Ellsbury. And he has a better arm.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The truth is, if Sizemore can stay healthy there will be a net GAIN in CF. His career numbers, especially his power numbers, are superior to those of Ellsbury. And he has a better arm.

[/QUOTE]

If billy were here, he'd say "That's a BINGO!"

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to redsoxdirtdog's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Billy's not here Mrs Torrance.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Grady could be this year's Ellsbury, but at.....who can do the math??Tongue Out

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Posted mine before I read yours, PG. Either great minds think alike or we're spending too much time together, on chatzyWink

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

What finally did Mr. Bill in?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

What finally did Mr. Bill in?

[/QUOTE]

I really don't get why Bill get's banned. He's a good Sox fan, and his posts are good natured, for the most part. Too political at times,  yes but so what. Ignore it.

Sections
Shortcuts