Source: Yankees have acquired Derek Lowe. Thoughts?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mfymfy. Show mfymfy's posts

Re: Source: Yankees have acquired Derek Lowe. Thoughts?

In Response to Re: Source: Yankees have acquired Derek Lowe. Thoughts?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Source: Yankees have acquired Derek Lowe. Thoughts? : Ichiro has done little to nothing since joining the Yankees. 17 games, scoring 4 runs, hitting .269 with an OBP of .300. Not exactly very good numbers. Ichiro is a non-factor offensively but still a very solid defensive player.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Noticed you left out the 11 RBIs from the eighth spot in the order. Looks like he's starting to get comfortable on his new team.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

I fell asleep earlier and had a seminal dream. Derek Lowe comes into pitch in the Fall classic's Game 7 against the Nats..But you see it's the 16th inning and the Yankee bullpen is depleted. Meanwhile, the Nats are forced to use Mr. Pitch Limit, Joba the What II, because they have no pitchers left....Lowe goes head to head with Strasburg for 9 scoreless innings while the score remains knotted at 10...In the top of the 25th, Strasburg throws one pitch to Ichiro Suzuki, and tears his reconstructed UCL in the process...As a result, the pitch is reduced to a batting practice changeup right over the heart of the plate....The Mighty Suzuki belts it into the Nationals' bullpen....Lowe pitces a scoreless bottom of the 25th and is named the World Series Most Valuable Player....Anyone who thinks I am trying to be funny does not grasp the fact that I am widely known for having no real sense of humor, but am actually well respected for my divinatory oracle-like abilities...You can all take this one to the bank...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In Response to Re: Source: Yankees have acquired Derek Lowe. Thoughts?:
    [QUOTE]Duquette would have brought him back if he were Sox GM. Lowe is a class act and I hope he helps his new team in the postseason. I wante to see him return to the Sox--he's certainly better then some of the other crap they throw out there.
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]

Had I been Ben I probably would have picked him up but for all the wrong reasons, the fact that he was a major cog in a WS championship being one of them.  I would have done it knowing that it had about one chance in ten of working out but I'd be hoping for the best.

Let's wait and see how he does in pinstripes before we start villifying Ben for not picking him up. His numbers indicate the Y's may not be too happy with him either.

Sections
Shortcuts