Sources:Josh Hamilton looking for 7/175

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Re: Sources:Josh Hamilton looking for 7/175

In response to 56redsox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Brewers...........

[/QUOTE]

If it is the Brewers, then they should have used that money to keep the fat vegetarian who went to Detroit.   LOL

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to 56redsox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Brewers...........

[/QUOTE]

If it is the Brewers, then they should have used that money to keep the fat vegetarian who went to Detroit.   LOL

[/QUOTE]

As Big As He Is He Must Sneak In A Side Of Beef At Least Twice A Week.....

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to raider3524's comment:
    [QUOTE]

call me crazy...but i would sign him..it's a risk but he would do damage in fenway.

[/QUOTE]

Iagree with you that he will do damage. Most of it would be without a bat.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

In response to softlaw's comment:
    [QUOTE]

and could, if healthy, almost single-handedly turn us into serious contenders

There is no way a healthy Hamilton will turn the Red Sox into a serious championship contender. He's not a value fit at all!!!!!!!!!!!!

[/QUOTE]

35 HRs Hamilton

30 Hrs Ells

30 Hrs Ortiz

25 Hrs Middlebrook

25 Hrs Salty

25 Hrs Ross

25 Hrs Napoli

0 Hrs Iggy

Anibal And Lohse We Good To Go......

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to donrd4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to raider3524's comment:
    [QUOTE]

call me crazy...but i would sign him..it's a risk but he would do damage in fenway.

[/QUOTE]

Iagree with you that he will do damage. Most of it would be without a bat.

[/QUOTE]

i agree. the only way i would consider him is if it was a 3 year deal. which is not going to happen

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Right. So, end of discussion.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

I posed the question in another thread if Hamilton would take a 3 year deal at 30M per, would you do it...Personally, I would...

You wouldn't tie up money for a long time and I think with a couple precautionary clauses in the contract, you can expect good production till Hes 34 and a safety net in case he reverts back to his old ways.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

Picking up Hamilton scares me for a whole bunch of reasons.

First of all, Hamilton himself is a HUGE risk.  I don't mean to beat the guy up for his past transgressions, but those transgressions are there and one can't help but wonder how the atmosphere in Boston would play into them.

Second, any contract he might be interested in is too much money.  Yes, the Sox have money but that's not a reason to squander it.  If the FO has $90MM kicking around either spend it on a proven pitcher (I know, nobody like that available) or spread it around on position players. 

Third, a contract like the ones speculated on would hamstring the team for multiple years.  Didn't the FO learn ANYTHING in the CC/AG debacle? 

And fourth, I see this as being a bridge year anyway so don't pay a lot of money for a player who's age tells you that he's going to go downhill every year. 

As much as I'd like to see him in a Red Sox uniform, he's a bigger risk than I'd take on. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Let's just say that Hamilton has become the poster child for drugs in baseball. I have a hard time believing that he's the only one who's doing or did drugs in the MLB, and I doubt it's a big secret as to who the others are. Why they just talk about JH, I don't know. Is he from Texas or something?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

In response to mrmojo1120's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Good luck with that.

This is from Dallasnews.com:

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/texas-rangers/headlines/20121103-report-rangers-josh-hamilton-wants-7-years-175-million-in-free-agency.ece

Josh Hamilton is hoping to find a team to pay him $175 million over seven years, a source told Baseball Prospectus' John Perrotto this week.

Ross is starting to sound better each day.

[/QUOTE]

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to mryazz's comment:
    [QUOTE]

being the religious fanatic that he is, maybe god can help him find it.

[/QUOTE]

Moronic post. You never stop with it do you?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

In response to bobbysu's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Anybody know the Free Agents for 2014?

[/QUOTE]

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2014-mlb-free-agents/

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Well, if Boston can be patient, they could get Josh if they just wait until mid-Dec to early January cuz no one wanted him.  Boston could ended up asking him for a lesser deal.  But I strongly think Boston cant do that cuz if they do, then Boston would lose out others for other position.

Just try to resign Ross or sign Ludwick, Napoli, get a good starting pitcher, etc.  Make one good trade.  Then they are good for next season.

Detriot were lucky last year where no one want Fielder, and suddenly Tigers swooped in and got him.  Tigers could have try to sign him for a lesser deal.  I do not know why the world they still ended up giving him a big fat contract!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

In response to GoUconn13's comment:

Detriot were lucky last year where no one want Fielder, and suddenly Tigers swooped in and got him.  Tigers could have try to sign him for a lesser deal.  I do not know why the world they still ended up giving him a big fat contract!!

The Prince Fielder signing came late most likely because several teams were interested and Scott Boras was patient enough to let the bidding rise to nine years at $214 million.

No offense, but what is your first language?

(for what it's worth, your English is better than my Spanish)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

In response to mryazz's comment:
    [QUOTE]

being the religious fanatic that he is, maybe god can help him find it.

[/QUOTE]

Blasphemer!!!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I posed the question in another thread if Hamilton would take a 3 year deal at 30M per, would you do it...Personally, I would...

You wouldn't tie up money for a long time and I think with a couple precautionary clauses in the contract, you can expect good production till Hes 34 and a safety net in case he reverts back to his old ways.

[/QUOTE]

I'm all for big money as long as it is short term as well.  I just think with the new TV contract, there will be some teams willing to give him something at least in the 5/120 range.  Maybe Detroit, Atlanta, Milwaukee, Baltimore, even Texas.  There will likely be a few surprise teams as well.  I can't see a realistic scenario at all where the Yankees go over the cap this year, especially for a guy who may not be a great off the field fit in "the city that never sleeps."

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Hamilton should expect teams to be looking for protection in his contract.  This could be done with a deal that has a number of vesting options based on games played, or an opt-out for the team if he misses x number of games because of anything related to his substance issues.  Hamilton will need to take on some of the risk himself.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Let's have a guessing game.  Which team do you think will sign Hamilton?  

My guess is Seattle.   

Then again, I'm sure none of us predicted Toronto to sign Clemens during the winter of 1996.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

He'll be a Yankee. He's probabably salivating over that right field.

If Granderson can hit 40 homeruns at 310 feet (high school distance), Hamilton could hit like 60+

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

In response to Bisson1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

He'll be a Yankee. He's probabably salivating over that right field.

If Granderson can hit 40 homeruns at 310 feet (high school distance), Hamilton could hit like 60+

[/QUOTE]   The Yankees aren't bringing in another 100 million plus position player, especially one with lots of risk.  They have to address Cano and centerfield after 2013, and they aren't going over the cap for next season, as it is horrible business sense.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

i saw the same thing. 30 mil might be too much but i would definitely consider it. especially with security clauses

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:

Let's have a guessing game. Which team do you think will sign Hamilton?  My guess is Seattle. Then again, I'm sure none of us predicted Toronto to sign Clemens during the winter of 1996.

Ray Charles survived his Seattle heroin addiction, but native sons Jimi Hendrix and Kurt Cobain succumbed (at least in part) to their substance abuse.