Sox acquire Bailey....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Re: Sox acquire Bailey....

In Response to Re: Sox acquire Bailey....:
    [QUOTE]In response to "Re: Sox acquire Bailey....": I think "the Heidi perk" tops it all! Hopefully she's replaced by a similar talent. She did some guest speaking at some luncheons at a restaurant in back bay where my girlfriend is sales coordinator this summer. She looks even better in person! Even if NESN says no, ask a guy like Nick Cafardo for a badge and get down there on vacation...
    Posted by jasko2248[/QUOTE]

Agreed, Heidi was a cute gal and a boat load of fun. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter1. Show parhunter1's posts

Ok, so maybe it is 2 or 2.5 million.  But Bailey was injured last season.  If he does not go to arbitration, he will settle for less than he would hope for, and more than the Sox would prefer to pay.  And that almost certainly means he pitches for less than 3.5 million in 2012. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sox acquire Bailey.... : Two years ago Boston's Hideki Okajima and Seattle's David Aardsma each landed a $2.75 million contract for his first arbitration season. MLB Trade Rumors projects a $3.5 million salary for Andrew Bailey in 2012 for his first arbitration season. http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2011/11/projected-arbitration-salaries.html No way does Andrew Bailey settlle for a $1.5 million contract.
    Posted by hill55[/QUOTE]

What is up with the Seatle Mariners fans in the Seattle forums. We are all waiting sitting on the edge of our chairs to hear the latest news / gossip/ innuendo / speculation on the fate of the Mariners.  They definitely have huge problems. Why not shed some light on the Mariners and tell us what the bashers on Mariners forums are griping about about.   If I were born near Seattle and was a lifetime Mariners fan then I would be doing battle in their forums. I would be pizzed at fair weather Mariners fans and trolls in their forums. So can you explain to us once more why you come here instead of being a loyal Mariners fan and doing battle in a Mariners forum instead of being in a Red Sox forum which is 3000 miles away? It is not logical at all.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

I have him down for 3,750,000

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

heeee heeee

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

HoIn response to "Re: Sox acquire Bailey....": [QUOTE]Ok, so maybe it is 2 or 2.5 million.  But Bailey was injured last season.  If he does not go to arbitration, he will settle for less than he would hope for, and more than the Sox would prefer to pay.  And that almost certainly means he pitches for less than 3.5 million in 2012.  Posted by parhunter1[/QUOTE] How's he gonna feed his feed his family on that, Parhunter?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mt200. Show Mt200's posts

[QUOTE]HoIn response to "Re: Sox acquire Bailey....": How's he gonna feed his feed his family on that, Parhunter?
    Posted by jasko2248[/QUOTE]
    He has to make some changes, instead of caviar spreads on morning toast, it's just grape jams now.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter1. Show parhunter1's posts

I don't know jasko, give me 2 million for a year and I'll give you an answer!?!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Most people could retire on $2M (after tax).

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

In response to "Re: Sox acquire Bailey....": [QUOTE]Most people could retire on $2M (after tax). Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE] I realize that, Moon...I was just kidding

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to BurritoT's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I cannot believe Cherington gave Beane Head!

[/QUOTE]

I can't believe I missed this one the first through.

+1

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

In response to hill55's comment:

Josh Reddick, who posted a .248/.290/.416/.706 line* in 403 MLB plate appearances in a loaded Red Sox lineup, may be in for a rude awakening facing American League West pitchers in pitcher-friendly AL West venues with less protection in the Oakland lineup.

* Reddick, who turns 25 in February, posted a .278/.332/.500/.832 line in 2,003 minor league plate appearances

hill - Did you use your WAR numbers to make the comments above? If so, any predictions moving forward should be ignored.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from tom-uk. Show tom-uk's posts

In response to ADG's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Josh Reddick, who posted a .248/.290/.416/.706 line* in 403 MLB plate appearances in a loaded Red Sox lineup, may be in for a rude awakening facing American League West pitchers in pitcher-friendly AL West venues with less protection in the Oakland lineup.

* Reddick, who turns 25 in February, posted a .278/.332/.500/.832 line in 2,003 minor league plate appearances

hill - Did you use your WAR numbers to make the comments above? If so, any predictions moving forward should be ignored.

[/QUOTE]

ADG let me try to explain what Hill55 was saying in 2011 about JR.  Reddick will not be that good b/c of poor MLB numbers despite good MinorLB numbers  In 2012 Hill%% told us Middlebrooks will not be that good b/c of poor MinorLB numbers, despite good MLB numbers.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to tom-uk's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to ADG's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

ADG let me try to explain what Hill55 was saying in 2011 about JR.  Reddick will not be that good b/c of poor MLB numbers despite good MinorLB numbers  In 2012 Hill%% told us Middlebrooks will not be that good b/c of poor MinorLB numbers, despite good MLB numbers.

[/QUOTE]

Reddick's line in AAA ball was not that great 243/300/449. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from tom-uk. Show tom-uk's posts

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Reddick's line in AAA ball was not that great 243/300/449. 

[/QUOTE]

MiLB OPS:

Youk    .884

Pedroia   .844

Reddick   .832

Lowrie   .829

Nomar    .828

Ellsbury   .816

O'Leary    .815

Nixon     .812

Boggs    .798

Kalish   .794