Sox acquired Brad Emaus

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Sox acquired Brad Emaus

infielder from Rockies.  Anyone know this guy?

PTBN or cash

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Re: Sox acquired Brad Emaus

He is hitting .129 in 37 ABs. Nothing that is of any help unless they are going to flip him. No HRS

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

This guy has been bumping around.  At least he won the starting 2B job for the Mets last season and played few games before designated for assignment. 

I hope Pedroia is doing ok and acquiring Emaus and Punto don't mean anything. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sday4x4. Show sday4x4's posts

anybody have ideas on this move??.....depth signing?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerof67. Show summerof67's posts

Depth chart move. McCoy Stadium benefits more than Fenway, methinks.  Lots of those moves to come, I think.

Heck, he could be the next infeilder's equivalent of D-Mac. We'll find out.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

In response to "Re: Sox acquired Brad Emaus":
    This guy has been bumping around.  At least he won the starting 2B job for the Mets last season and played few games before designated for assignment.  I hope Pedroia is doing ok and acquiring Emaus and Punto don't mean anything.  Posted by seannybboi
    Depth for Pawtucket...the Front Office has to fill out a roster there as well...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

I hope they did not give up much for this guy. Another retread who cannot hit. On the bright side he is a right handed hitter.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

In Response to Re: Sox acquired Brad Emaus:
    I hope they did not give up much for this guy. Another retread who cannot hit. On the bright side he is a right handed hitter.
    Posted by AL34

Yes, because 34 MLB AB's means more than his last 2 years of stats from the minors.....

2010 (AA): . 272/.402/.434 in 170 PA's
    2010 (AAA): .298/.395/.495 in 364 PA's
    2011 (AAA): .313/.389/.564 in 186 PA's

It shouldn't be a surprise that he didn't stick with a MLB club last year.  Rule 5 draft picks rarely make it.  He'll be ready for a call up if/when Youk or Pedroia get hurt.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

In Response to Re: Sox acquired Brad Emaus : Yes, because 34 MLB AB's means more than his last 2 years of stats from the minors..... 2010 (AA): . 272/.402/.434 in 170 PA's 2010 (AAA): .298/.395/.495 in 364 PA's 2011 (AAA): .313/.389/.564 in 186 PA's It shouldn't be a surprise that he didn't stick with a MLB club last year.  Rule 5 draft picks rarely make it.  He'll be ready for a call up if/when Youk or Pedroia get hurt.
    Posted by JB-3

Kudos for you for doing some research before mouthing off.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

HE could be someting.  He was a RuleV pick by the Mets last year, so they kind of forced some MLB time on him.  At the very least, he might be mid-season trade fodder like Chip Ambres was...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

...or, they are looking to move Scutaro , and and he's insurance.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I think Punto's glove puts him in line as the starter in case of injury. Emaus is his fill in if he is pressed into regular duty.
    Lets face it, no manager will play his regulars into the ground as much as Francona did, and V will willingly use 35-40 players this year. I expect to see a fresher, healthier team

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from titletownfan. Show titletownfan's posts

Moon might be right.  They might be trading Sctaro to make room to sign Kuroda or Oswalt.  They're apparantly still in on those two.  If they trade Scutaro, they'll need some depth.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

all these nobody's being signed is like hoping stuff sticks to a wall after you throw it...

at least Bailey was a good trade but then again, is he really an upgrade over Paps?

my rabid sox friend co-worker is convinced this roster is that of a 4th place team...lol

I'm a lil more optimistic about Aceves/Bard in the rotation...but i would love to see oswalt or garza be in the rotation as well...

another bridge year????thoughts

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

Thee Brad Emaus???!!!! Wow awesome! Yawn

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jb12bb. Show jb12bb's posts

Its a depth injury move that is not worth space on this board, if he hits well in AAA he should get a call up in Sept. but he is not on the 40 man roster so a mid season call up would take some manuvering.

He is blocked by Avilas, Punto, Sutton, Tejada, Iglesias and the list could go on.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

In Response to Re: Sox acquired Brad Emaus : Kudos for you for doing some research before mouthing off.
    Posted by UticaClub

I just can't stand people who use tiny samples to bash a move.  There's nothing wrong with this deal, the PTBNL is most likely insignificant if cash is also an option.  The kid hit 9 HR's in 45 AAA games last year and AL34 is saying he has "no HR's".  

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Its a depth injury move that is not worth space on this board, if he hits well in AAA he should get a call up in Sept. but he is not on the 40 man roster so a mid season call up would take some manuvering. He is blocked by Avilas, Punto, Sutton, Tejada, Iglesias and the list could go on.
    Posted by jb12bb

Sutton is gone.

And Emaus is not being blocked by Tejada until Tejada learns to hit minor league pitching above A ball.

And Iglesias doesn't even play the same position....

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

I have heard that he can play multiple infield positions, controls the strike zone offensively but is suspect defensively...his minor league stats bear that out in terms of a pretty good OBP
    Posted by thepeskypole6

In his very limited sample, he posted an above average UZR with the Mets.  The potential for decent 2B defense seems to be there at least (not saying he can be consistently above average now, but maybe eventually).

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Lets face it, no manager will play his regulars into the ground as much as Francona did...

I thought Tito rested his players more than needed, especially the starting pitchers.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Moon might be right.  They might be trading Scutaro to make room to sign Kuroda or Oswalt.  They're apparantly still in on those two.  If they trade Scutaro, they'll need some depth.

I'd hope we'd use the free'd up money to trade for a guy like gavin Floyd. I don't think Oswalt or Kuroda will be worth even close to what they will sign for.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BMav. Show BMav's posts

I am a little higher on Emaus then others. His raw feilding stats in the minors are excellent. At 2nd base in his minor league career, he had these numbers....

gms-305
    Fldg%-.980
    dp-259
    rf-5.15

The range factor was excellent and the double play turning numbers are the highest I have ever seen from a player. He can manage the strike zone with a career w/k rate of 232-244. His crappy play at the big leagues was just 11 games and its tough hitting in that Met stadium from the right side.

I would not want to count on him as a player, but I think he could challenge Aviles for a backup role. Still think he starts at Pawtucket. But I think he is as valuable as say Lars Anderson.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxlaxer12. Show redsoxlaxer12's posts

Can someone explain to me how this or any other move made in the past week is a bad move....I really want to know the answer and reason for doom and gloom over minor moves that literally EVERY TEAM IN THE MLB MAKE EVERY YEAR. if you will

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Lets face it, no manager will play his regulars into the ground as much as Francona did... I thought Tito rested his players more than needed, especially the starting pitchers.
    Posted by moonslav59

my complaint was more with the positional players, esoecially the all star game players. Agon, with a noted shoulder situation, not having a break and playing the game asd well as the hr contest in my opinion was the reason for his 2nd half regression...east coast-west coast-back to east coast with no rest taxed Youk, Pedroia imo. Team was injured and out of gas due to improper rest. Perhaps reason was lack of depth? Injuries to said depth? Either way, I blame the "collapse" on tired and injured players with no reinforcements to plug in

Sections
Shortcuts