Sox Almost Sweep Texas

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Sox Almost Sweep Texas

Well, seeing as my thread about the Sox sweeping Texas has been removed (still don't get the reasoning behind those decisions), I'd just like to say that, IMO, my call was still good. We had a few players out for the first game, so does it really count? :)  And I certainly didn't know Ellsbury would still be out, and that can make a huge difference offensively and defensively.

So happy to see the team come up big against a formidable opponent. I knew they had it in them. That has to give them a lot of confidence going forward. Bats are heating up, and the pitchers have shown they can all be counted on. All good considering you never know how many we are going to need down the stretch. Great job all around, guys!

Hey, Texas, thanks for the memories! Tongue out

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Re: Sox Almost Sweep Texas

Next up, the A's. Here's hoping that the Sox hit the A's the same way they hit Texas.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hLT73VifzI

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Just for you Carnie:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7yBTCOmk6U&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KCK6_96THI&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4g9tOVM_r0 (My personal favorite.
    He died earlier this year. He was 68).

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

That is correct.  Sox just got to continue to get on a hot roll at the same time they should be ready to carry it over during the Yankees/Red Sox series!!

A sweep back to back home series for the next two, Sox would easily be up by 5 games heading to approximately 26 games left of the season!!!

Go Sox!!  Wakefield, just get the win cuz he put too much pressure on the team!!  This team need to relax a bit before the post season!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

In Response to Re: Sox Almost Sweep Texas:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Sox Almost Sweep Texas : No, your call was incorrect. And yes the first game still counts, just like April counts. And of course you didn't know ells would be out, because you know nothing about baseball.
    Posted by (< />)TheBabe(<>)[/QUOTE]

You are inconsequential.
    Get a Life!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from theYAZZER. Show theYAZZER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sox Almost Sweep Texas : You are inconsequential. Get a Life!
    Posted by Alibiike[/QUOTE]

i believe all of us who  continuously  post about overpaid, easily injured and babied ballplayers have already proven that none of us has a LIFE!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

Yazzer / Deerhunter on a Weekend

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In Response to Sox Almost Sweep Texas:
    [QUOTE]Well, seeing as my thread about the Sox sweeping Texas has been removed (still don't get the reasoning behind those decisions), I'd just like to say that, IMO, my call was still good. We had a few players out for the first game, so does it really count? :)  And I certainly didn't know Ellsbury would still be out, and that can make a huge difference offensively and defensively. So happy to see the team come up big against a formidable opponent. I knew they had it in them. That has to give them a lot of confidence going forward. Bats are heating up, and the pitchers have shown they can all be counted on. All good considering you never know how many we are going to need down the stretch. Great job all around, guys! Hey, Texas, thanks for the memories!
    Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE]almost only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades...Wink..j/k....just the same the last two games were a demolition job by the Sox offense....though Babe probably doesn't , i'm sure the Halos appreciate your efforts :-)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

morning Jetes!
    just a quick thank you note for totally exausting the A's these past days with all the running around the bases your boys did...lol...and as a baseball fan congrats on your team making baseball history with 3 grand salamies. unbelieveable man. those poor slobs are going from the frying pan right into the fire today and tomorrow. our sticks have finally woken up and the starters have shown some pretty good consistancy. aceves and wheeler are money man.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

A few short weeks ago the Mariners and the Rays "almost swept" the Red Sox.

The Red Sox are a good team coming off a highly successful road trip, but fans should be cautious about reading too much into it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]morning Jetes! just a quick thank you note for totally exausting the A's these past days with all the running around the bases your boys did...lol...and as a baseball fan congrats on your team making baseball history with 3 grand salamies. unbelieveable man. those poor slobs are going from the frying pan right into the fire today and tomorrow. our sticks have finally woken up and the starters have shown some pretty good consistancy. aceves and wheeler are money man.
    Posted by Hammah29r2[/QUOTE] hey Hammah..no prob, but the downside to that game..they'll probably score like two runs tonight...Tongue out 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]morning Jetes! just a quick thank you note for totally exausting the A's these past days with all the running around the bases your boys did...lol...and as a baseball fan congrats on your team making baseball history with 3 grand salamies. unbelieveable man. those poor slobs are going from the frying pan right into the fire today and tomorrow. our sticks have finally woken up and the starters have shown some pretty good consistancy. aceves and wheeler are money man.
    Posted by Hammah29r2[/QUOTE]

Agree with you about the grand slams.  This new record probably won't be broken anytime soon.  I am happy to see one grand slam in a game, but 3 is unheard of.  It must have been exciting for Yankees fans that were at the game. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mjnmjn. Show mjnmjn's posts

It was a very satisfying road trip, but the Sox still have 32 left to play (with a tough weekend schedule for the next two days thanks to Irene).

A little off-track, but I have two questions for the better informed than I.

First, Peter Abraham's column this morning states that "For Ortiz, it was his 25th home run of the season. He has hit 25 or more in eight consecutive seasons, second only to Ted Williams (14 straight) in franchise history."

Baseballreference.com says that Ortiz had 23 in 2008. How do these reconcile?

Second, for the statistically less challenged (are you listening Moon?), is WHIP limited to walks and hits only or do errors and HBP factor into the stat. I have tried looking it up on several sites and can't find the answer. Rather than waste more time, I decided to tap into the collective genius that is this board. If the stat does not include these factors, the analysis is a little skewed.

Thanks for the help, and GO SOX.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=7b411e92ea928fe1b8ae2da098a5f28b&plckUserId=7b411e92ea928fe1b8ae2da098a5f28b">
    First: 6/19/2009
    Last: 8/26/2011
    In Response to www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a81df60f3-70ee-4ca3-9336-8cf2c0a8301aDiscussion%3af0c60cf9-35c5-4436-8073-fdd8481dac65&plckFindPostKey=Cat:SportsForum:81df60f3-70ee-4ca3-9336-8cf2c0a8301aDiscussion:f0c60cf9-35c5-4436-8073-fdd8481dac65Post:807127d7-edb1-4145-b5fe-790e7673f097">Re: Sox Almost Sweep Texas:
    morning Jetes! just a quick thank you note for totally exausting the A's these past days with all the running around the bases your boys did...lol...and as a baseball fan congrats on your team making baseball history with 3 grand salamies. unbelieveable man. those poor slobs are going from the frying pan right into the fire today and tomorrow. our sticks have finally woken up and the starters have shown some pretty good consistancy. aceves and wheeler are money man.
    Posted by Hammah29r2

Agree with you about the grand slams.  This new record probably won't be broken anytime soon.  I am happy to see one grand slam in a game, but 3 is unheard of.  It must have been exciting for Yankees fans that were at the game. 

you know sue it probably was a great night for yank fans last nite.....right up to the point where they checked the scoreboard and saw that we beat texas for the 3rd game in a row and that meant that they didn't gain anything on us.
    but he, I'm a good sport and Jetes is one of my only true blue yankee fan friends in here. he is all class and a great poster....plus he needs some sympathy from me because his boss is a red sox fan...lol...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=7b411e92ea928fe1b8ae2da098a5f28b&plckUserId=7b411e92ea928fe1b8ae2da098a5f28b " /> www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=7b411e92ea928fe1b8ae2da098a5f28b&plckUserId=7b411e92ea928fe1b8ae2da098a5f28b " target="_parent"> susan250 Posts: 3709 First: 6/19/2009 Last: 8/26/2011 In Response to www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a81df60f3-70ee-4ca3-9336-8cf2c0a8301aDiscussion%3af0c60cf9-35c5-4436-8073-fdd8481dac65&plckFindPostKey=Cat:SportsForum:81df60f3-70ee-4ca3-9336-8cf2c0a8301aDiscussion:f0c60cf9-35c5-4436-8073-fdd8481dac65Post:807127d7-edb1-4145-b5fe-790e7673f097 "> Re: Sox Almost Sweep Texas : morning Jetes! just a quick thank you note for totally exausting the A's these past days with all the running around the bases your boys did...lol...and as a baseball fan congrats on your team making baseball history with 3 grand salamies. unbelieveable man. those poor slobs are going from the frying pan right into the fire today and tomorrow. our sticks have finally woken up and the starters have shown some pretty good consistancy. aceves and wheeler are money man. Posted by Hammah29r2 Agree with you about the grand slams.  This new record probably won't be broken anytime soon.  I am happy to see one grand slam in a game, but 3 is unheard of.  It must have been exciting for Yankees fans that were at the game.  you know sue it probably was a great night for yank fans last nite.....right up to the point where they checked the scoreboard and saw that we beat texas for the 3rd game in a row and that meant that they didn't gain anything on us. but he, I'm a good sport and Jetes is one of my only true blue yankee fan friends in here. he is all class and a great poster....plus he needs some sympathy from me because his boss is a red sox fan...lol...
    Posted by Hammah29r2[/QUOTE]LOL...you shoulda seen her come struttin in after Wed's game...man, Sox fans are so insufferable...Tongue outSurprised 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

mjnmjn, Abraham said 8 total seasons with the Red Sox, not consecutive.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sox Almost Sweep Texas : LOL...you shoulda seen her come struttin in after Wed's game...man, Sox fans are so insufferable...  
    Posted by jete02fan[/QUOTE]

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!! I knew you were gonna say that "B"!!!!Wink

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mjnmjn. Show mjnmjn's posts

Devildavid,
    I cut and pasted the quote directly from his article. He may not have meant to say consecutive, but he did:

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/articles/2011/08/26/red_sox_rock_rangers_again/

Entire paragraph:

"For Ortiz, it was his 25th home run of the season. He has hit 25 or more in eight consecutive seasons, second only to Ted Williams (14 straight) in franchise history. Ortiz had been tied with Jim Rice."

Do you know anything about WHIP and my 2nd question?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from *The-Babe*. Show *The-Babe*'s posts

[QUOTE]www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=7b411e92ea928fe1b8ae2da098a5f28b&plckUserId=7b411e92ea928fe1b8ae2da098a5f28b " /> www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=7b411e92ea928fe1b8ae2da098a5f28b&plckUserId=7b411e92ea928fe1b8ae2da098a5f28b " target="_parent"> susan250 Posts: 3709 First: 6/19/2009 Last: 8/26/2011 In Response to www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a81df60f3-70ee-4ca3-9336-8cf2c0a8301aDiscussion%3af0c60cf9-35c5-4436-8073-fdd8481dac65&plckFindPostKey=Cat:SportsForum:81df60f3-70ee-4ca3-9336-8cf2c0a8301aDiscussion:f0c60cf9-35c5-4436-8073-fdd8481dac65Post:807127d7-edb1-4145-b5fe-790e7673f097 "> Re: Sox Almost Sweep Texas : morning Jetes! just a quick thank you note for totally exausting the A's these past days with all the running around the bases your boys did...lol...and as a baseball fan congrats on your team making baseball history with 3 grand salamies. unbelieveable man. those poor slobs are going from the frying pan right into the fire today and tomorrow. our sticks have finally woken up and the starters have shown some pretty good consistancy. aceves and wheeler are money man. Posted by Hammah29r2 Agree with you about the grand slams.  This new record probably won't be broken anytime soon.  I am happy to see one grand slam in a game, but 3 is unheard of.  It must have been exciting for Yankees fans that were at the game.  you know sue it probably was a great night for yank fans last nite.....right up to the point where they checked the scoreboard and saw that we beat texas for the 3rd game in a row and that meant that they didn't gain anything on us. but he, I'm a good sport and Jetes is one of my only true blue yankee fan friends in here. he is all class and a great poster....plus he needs some sympathy from me because his boss is a red sox fan...lol...

Posted by Hammah29r2[/QUOTE]

Ahem....what about me?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sox Almost Sweep Texas : Ahem....what about me?
    Posted by *The-Babe*[/QUOTE]

You live in your parent's basement and don't work.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikeyintheboogiedown. Show mikeyintheboogiedown's posts

Texas hasn't been playing that well lately.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

[QUOTE]Texas hasn't been playing that well lately.
    Posted by mikeyintheboogiedown[/QUOTE]

You mean Texas was 8-3 in their last 11 before entering the series vs. the Red Sox?

Keep trying to belittle the fact that the Sox just took 3 out of 4 from one of the best teams in the league.  It's not working.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikeyintheboogiedown. Show mikeyintheboogiedown's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sox Almost Sweep Texas : You mean Texas was 8-3 in their last 11 before entering the series vs. the Red Sox? Keep trying to belittle the fact that the Sox just took 3 out of 4 from one of the best teams in the league.  It's not working.
    Posted by SoxPatsCelts1988[/QUOTE]

They lost 2/3 to the White Sox prior.....down fanboy....they didn't beat the Big Red Machine nor was it a shot to the Sox.

Sections
Shortcuts