Sox and Marlins had a trade talk for Hanley Ramirez (Source from TR)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Sox and Marlins had a trade talk for Hanley Ramirez (Source from TR)

"Red Sox and Marlins had a talk about Hanley Ramirez.  (from TR again)"

Actually, I'm starting to think Ramirez trade could happen.  I wouldn't kill myself to acquire Ramirez but he would certainly have impact in this team.  If Ben is serious about getting him back from the Marlins, what will be the cost?

Youkilis, Salty, and Reddick(or Scut) for Ramirez would work IMO.  Obviously both teams have money so the salary won't be the biggest factor here.  Youk and Sanchez will be the men at 1B and 3B.  Marlins are willing to move Sanchez to 3B IF Ramirez refuses to play at 3B and gets traded.  Marlins need a catcher who will share time with Buck.  Salty would be perfect for this job.  Young, swtich hitterm and low salary.  Marlins don't have the 4th OF.  And Reddick can fill that hole. 

Ramirez will be hitting 3rd or 4th and playing at SS.  IF Marlins take Reddick, then Scut will be dealt for a pitcher IMO.  Punto will be the util guy.  Aviles and Punto play at 3B until Middlebrooks gets ready to take over. 

Why Marlins would take Youk, Salty, Reddick(or Scut)? Marlins' 2012 season goal is to win and contend.  They signed Reyes, Buehrly, and Bell.  They will want major league ready players who will have impact right away. 

Here is my roster IF trade goes through.

Ells CF
    Pedey 2B
    Agon 1B
    Ramirez/Scut SS
    Ortiz DH
    Cespedes*/Kalish RF
    CC LF
    Lava/Shoppach C
    Aviles/Punto 3B

Lester
    Beckett
    Bucholz
    Saunders*
    Bard

Aceves, Jenks, Morales, Doubront, Albers, Melancon, Madson*

* are FA signings
    Cespedes - 5 yrs @ $9MM + 6 yr team option  
    Saunders - 2 yrs @ $5MM + 3 yr team option
    Madson - 3 yrs @ $9 + 4 & 5 yr team option

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

Re: Sox and Marlins had a trade talk for Hanley Ramirez (Source from TR)

Teams nearly always deny shopping a player. Ramirez has been shopped and if the right offer is made that works for both teams then Ramirez will be traded. To say you are trying to distress sale dump balloon payments and a player is like slicing half the player value.

Ramirez may last one more year in the ABA of MLB, but he will be traded in the time frame I said he would be traded.

Ellsbury plus blocked prospects for Ramirez and about 5 to 6M for 2012 contract year and a 2nd tier starter via a 3rd party, will make both teams better. I prefer an overt bad attitude like Manny to a passive aggressive bad attitude like Ellsbury. Bottom line, it would improve both teams, immediate and long term.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I prefer an overt bad attitude like Manny to a passive aggressive bad attitude like Ellsbury. Bottom line, it would improve both teams, immediate and long term.

Sums up your idiocy very nicely.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

Only an idiot woud be advocating trading a low trade value Youk, over passive aggressive 20 million plus to FA and 30 million a year for Crawford and Ellsbury.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Getting Hanley may be a nice addition to the team, but Boston will never trade Ellsbury for Hanley!!!

It will not make this team a much better team!!!  Plus losing prospects would hurt more on the farm system

If Florida ever want to get rid of Hanley, Boston can give them Scutaro who is probably would move to play at 3B, Reddick, Lar Anderson, Bowen, etc.   And maybe Youkilis, but Boston would have to explore in the market for a 3B.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

It will not make this team a much better team!!! Plus losing prospects would hurt more on the farm system

It will make both teams better and losing blocked prospects will not hurt the farm system.

If Florida ever want to get rid of Hanley, Boston can give them Scutaro

Utterly absurd! Scutaro has almost zero trade value (farm scrap), and Youk trade value (age, last 2 years injury history and last year expensive contract) is a 2nd tier farm prospect or two.

Ellsbury will only net large trade value this winter. 2010 was a league elite season long aggreagate numbers offense without Ellsbury. After this winter, it will be 30 million a year and 60 million over 2 years for Crawford and Ellsbury. Loser Mets method comes to mind. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

"Blocked propsects" would be who specifically?

Lars Anderson?
    Sean Coyle?
    Miles Head?
    Oscar Tejada?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jb12bb. Show jb12bb's posts

If Im the Marlins I dont want or need Iglesias, or Kalish.  It starts with Middlebrooks, Ranuado, Dubront and Lavarnway.  Thats all the sox have that would be of interest for the Marlins.

It will take a blockbuster five prospect deal to get Hanley, its way to much and takes away all the prospects the sox have that are close to major league ready.

Pipe Dream!  Moving on

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

I would bet $10,000.00 that there is not a G.M. in baseball who would trade Ellsbury for Ramirez.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Skadude22. Show Skadude22's posts

I think the upgrade offensively from Scutaro to Ramirez, or even Youkilis to Ramirez, is almost negated by replacing both Youk and Scutaro defensively with Ramirez and Aviles.  Plus, Aviles and Punto offensively would drop off from where Youk is producing that the offensive upgrade wouldn't be as great as you'd think.  On top of that, Saltalamacchia isn't getting traded.  He made improvements as last season went along, and I think he's in line to have a better season.  Part of the idea is that Salty and Shoppach balance each other out as their splits are exact opposites, Shoppach hits lefties, Salty hits righties.  Lavarnway can hit, but he's not going to progress defensively platooning in the majors right now.  He can play everyday in AAA, and be make more progress, while putting off his arbitration years.

I'd love to have Ramirez, but it'd have to be in a deal that was not very disruptive to the rest of the team, improving a position that you already have filled, by creating a bigger hole elsewhere isn't the way to go, in my opinion.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

He made improvements as last season went along, and I think he's in line to have a better season.

You mean he improved from April to May and June? They guy declined then collapsed at the enda after playing only 103 games spread out nicely all year long.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Why would you not trade Hanley for Jacoby straight up. Done deal!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NUSoxFan. Show NUSoxFan's posts

In Response to Re: Sox and Marlins had a trade talk for Hanley Ramirez (Source from TR):
    He made improvements as last season went along, and I think he's in line to have a better season. You mean he improved from April to May and June? They guy declined then collapsed at the enda after playing only 103 games spread out nicely all year long.
    Posted by moonslav59

True but it's also the most games Salty had caught in the major leagues. I'm pro-salt.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

I'm reading these posts and I can't help feeling that too many of you are overvalueing Ramirez. Personally, I don't think he's ever going to be what he once was. I know he's only 27, but with his attitude, I can't help thinking that he's peaked. He might be a decent player but certainly not a stud player that you empty the farm system or give Youk plust two or three players for him and certainly not Ellsbury.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I'd stay away from him.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In Response to Sox and Marlins had a trade talk for Hanley Ramirez (Source from TR):
    "Red Sox and Marlins had a talk about Hanley Ramirez.  (from TR again)" Actually, I'm starting to think Ramirez trade could happen.  I wouldn't kill myself to acquire Ramirez but he would certainly have impact in this team.  If Ben is serious about getting him back from the Marlins, what will be the cost? Youkilis, Salty, and Reddick(or Scut) for Ramirez would work IMO.  Obviously both teams have money so the salary won't be the biggest factor here.  Youk and Sanchez will be the men at 1B and 3B.  Marlins are willing to move Sanchez to 3B IF Ramirez refuses to play at 3B and gets traded.  Marlins need a catcher who will share time with Buck.  Salty would be perfect for this job.  Young, swtich hitterm and low salary.  Marlins don't have the 4th OF.  And Reddick can fill that hole.  Ramirez will be hitting 3rd or 4th and playing at SS.  IF Marlins take Reddick, then Scut will be dealt for a pitcher IMO.  Punto will be the util guy.  Aviles and Punto play at 3B until Middlebrooks gets ready to take over.  Why Marlins would take Youk, Salty, Reddick(or Scut)? Marlins' 2012 season goal is to win and contend.  They signed Reyes, Buehrly, and Bell.  They will want major league ready players who will have impact right away.  Here is my roster IF trade goes through. Ells CF Pedey 2B Agon 1B Ramirez/Scut SS Ortiz DH Cespedes*/Kalish RF CC LF Lava/Shoppach C Aviles/Punto 3B Lester Beckett Bucholz Saunders* Bard Aceves, Jenks, Morales, Doubront, Albers, Melancon, Madson* * are FA signings Cespedes - 5 yrs @ $9MM + 6 yr team option   Saunders - 2 yrs @ $5MM + 3 yr team option Madson - 3 yrs @ $9 + 4 & 5 yr team option
    Posted by seannybboi

Seanny, are you saying that if you were GM of the Marlins, you would accept Youkilis, Reddick and Saltalamacchia for Hanley Ramirez?  Or Scutaro in place of Reddick?  Really? 

You need to apply for that job.  And then after the Marlins fire you, get hired by the A's so we can deal your Reddick/Anderson/Kalish package for Gonzalez and Bailey...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In Response to Re: Sox and Marlins had a trade talk for Hanley Ramirez (Source from TR):
    I would bet $10,000.00 that there is not a G.M. in baseball who would trade Ellsbury for Ramirez.
    Posted by dgalehouse

I'd take that bet in a second.   And due to the very poor way you phrased it, I automatically win. 

Or are you saying Larry Beinfest wouldn't do it?

I accept checks or PayPal. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Hanley needs to get on a scale first. Dude carried 25-30 pounds too much last year. Projects as a below avg defensive 3b. I would not have interest. Assuming the Marlins salary bumpand new stadium is a paper house to sell the team, I can't see them paying Boras price for Ells when the time comes.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In Response to Re: Sox and Marlins had a trade talk for Hanley Ramirez (Source from TR) : I'd take that bet in a second.   And do to the very poor way you phrased it, I automatically win.  Or are you saying Larry Beinfest wouldn't do it? I accept checks or PayPal. 
    Posted by notin

Okay, " Almost " any G.M.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

So I can expect payment when?

;)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

If Im the Marlins I dont want or need Iglesias, or Kalish. It starts with Middlebrooks, Ranuado, Dubront and Lavarnway. Thats all the sox have that would be of interest for the Marlins.

No, it starts with Ellsbury. Red Sox also need a pitcher, so a 3rd team needs to be added to where a 2nd tier starter is acquired from Ellsbury plus blocked prospects. Lowrie should have been offered. But, adding a 3rd non-contender team should do the trick. Cecchini, Hassan, Anderson, Tejada, Vitek.  

Justin Upton or Ramirez plus 2nd tier starter should be the #1 winter trade targets. Ellsbury 2 years and 16 to 20 million plus blocked prospects should be #1 trade bait.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

guys the Marlins are not looking for prospects... they would be interested in Ellesbury and other MLB experienced all*stars.

I would guess Elles and one top tier propspect might be feasible, or maybe even more.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from adam4522. Show adam4522's posts

guys the Marlins are not looking for prospects... they would be interested in Ellesbury and other MLB experienced all*stars. I would guess Elles and one top tier propspect might be feasible, or maybe even more.
    Posted by BurritoT

Jake is worth more than hanley right now.  With their contracts and attitudes alone, the Sox would get the extra prospect in that deal.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from garyhow. Show garyhow's posts

And this is news? seems like we've spoken to Marlins every year since we've traded him to Marlins about reaquiring. Personally wouldn't touch him, head case/premadona in my book and after last years clubhouse capers he would be the last person I would want in there. This guy has all the talent in the world, but doesn't always show up to play! Next year burritos and tequila in clubhouse- No Thanks!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

hanley for josh...one idiot for another...at least hanley wont gain 25 pounds during the season

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

BS

marlins hung up on the red sox again and thats as far as it went

Sections
Shortcuts