Sox and Marlins had a trade talk for Hanley Ramirez (Source from TR)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

Re: Sox and Marlins had a trade talk for Hanley Ramirez (Source from TR)

In Response to Re: Sox and Marlins had a trade talk for Hanley Ramirez (Source from TR):
    hanley for josh...one idiot for another...at least hanley wont gain 25 pounds during the season
    Posted by georom4

Josh Beckett has led a team to a World Series and has 2 rings. How many does hanley have again? Giving up Beckett would be a huge mistake as he was one of the BEST pitchers in the american league last year. September was one month when the whole team choked, there were 5 other months in which Beckett was dominant.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

I simply do not believe the Sox are foolish enough to trade Ellsbury for Hanley.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

"Don't forget the criticisms of Hanley the past two years about poor leadership, and that is when he was the starting short-stop."

He won't be the leader nor requires leadership even if he comes to this ball club. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

BTW, HanRam is under contract for $46.5M (3 yrs)
    Jake should make about $20-25M (2 yrs)
    That's about half in total.

Stooge, there will be at least a 12M cost for Ellsbury for the 3rd year. 

2 years HanR 31M

2 years Ellsbury 20-25M

You are an idiot

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

The criticisms of Hanley are identical to those of Ellsbury in 2010 - selfishness, lack of leadership, public criticism of the team and public griping of his loss of position.  Of the two, only Hanley has expressed a desire to play in Boston.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

The Marlins have to trade Hanley, right, even if it's not to the Sox?  Even a below average defensive SS with Hanley's bat is incredibly valuable.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to Re: Sox and Marlins had a trade talk for Hanley Ramirez (Source from TR):
    The Marlins have to trade Hanley, right, even if it's not to the Sox?  Even a below average defensive SS with Hanley's bat is incredibly valuable.
    Posted by slomag

The Marlins don't have to do anything.  At the end of the day, Hanley is under contract with them.  The fact that he is b*tching about a position change doesn't force their hand.  Reyes is a far superior shortstop.  If he can't see the light and make the switch with grace, what is he going to do?  Sulk and play poorly on purpose?  Nope.  That does nothing to help his value on the market, tarnished as it is already by his bad attitude.  At the end of the day, he will play third for the Marlins and love it because he will find the centerpiece of a serious contender.  Pitching diva fits in November hardly make for a meaningful trade demand.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

Manny hat a bad attitude in 2004 and 2007.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Manny hat a bad attitude in 2004 and 2007.
    Posted by hankwilliams

Manny had a bad attitude towards management in 2004 and 2007.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

Softlaw likes nothing about the Red Sox or is faking it. Why talk to him?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

Excellent point, but one is colored and the other looks pale and has an anglo-saxon surname. The colored one always has the bad attitude for Boston, while the pale one was unfairly and prematurely bashed for simply getting ready from rehabbing his serious season ending injury.
    Posted by hankwilliams

The pot calling the kettle black.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

No, the pot calling the kettle white.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

BTW, HanRam is under contract for $46.5M (3 yrs)
    Jake should make about $20-25M (2 yrs)
    That's about half in total.

Stooge, there will be at least a 12M cost for Ellsbury for the 3rd year. 

2 years HanR 31M

2 years Ellsbury 20-25M

I know it's 3 years compared to 2, that's why I typed in the years and wrote "in total". Earlier, I said this trade proposal is "close" because it is 3 years for 2. Pretending I said otherwise is showing what an idiot you are.

The poster said HanRam would cost "double" what Ellsbury would. The poster was pretty close "IN TOTAL" cost for their remaining contracts. It's pretty simple: try to follow along moron!

$46.5M to about $23M. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from beezer. Show beezer's posts

give them crawford @ scut

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Softy has continually bashed Sox management for getting all hit-no field SSs. Now, he begs for Ben to do just that.

No, softy's not a bigot...

Do you notice the only players he ever wants to trade are white college grads (Jake and Jed)?

Do you ever notice how the only players he wants to trade for are African Americans? (BHall, Kemp, HanRam, Upton...)?

But he calls us racists.

When Mikey and Wake try to tell management what to do, softy unleashes volumes of vitriol against them, but when Papi criticizes management over and over again, softy gives him a free pass. Ever wonder why?

If Jake ran slowly to 1st on a GB... Oh NO!

It's time to ignore this bigoted clown. He gives true Sox fans a bad rap.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Excellent point, but one is colored and the other looks pale and has an anglo-saxon surname. The colored one always has the bad attitude for Boston, while the pale one was unfairly and prematurely bashed for simply getting ready from rehabbing his serious season ending injury.
    Posted by hankwilliams

Repeat after me : " I sincerely apologize to anyone who I may have offended. It was not my intention. Everyone who knows me , knows that I am not a racist. Again , my humble apologies. "

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Softy has continually bashed Sox management for getting all hit-no field SSs. Now, he begs for Ben to do just that. No, softy's not a bigot... Do you notice the only players he ever wants to trade are white college grads (Jake and Jed)? Do you ever notice how the only players he wants to trade for are African Americans? (BHall, Kemp, HanRam, Upton...)? But he calls us racists. When Mikey and Wake try to tell management what to do, softy unleashes volumes of vitriol against them, but when Papi criticizes management over and over again, softy gives him a free pass. Ever wonder why? If Jake ran slowly to 1st on a GB... Oh NO! It's time to ignore this bigoted clown. He gives true Sox fans a bad rap.
    Posted by moonslav59

Well, he is part Cherokee or something.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

Since turning pro, Ellsbury says, what tends to happen is that teammates look at his dark features and assume he's Spanish. "I've had Dominican players say something to me in Spanish," he said. "That's when I explain.

"But the guys are cool about it. Joking around, they'll call me 'Chief,' stuff like that, but it's all fun and games. I don't take offense to it.

"The fans? It's never been an issue. They see I work hard, I hustle wherever I go, I think that's what they see."

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

Not sure which is the better player to keep - Ramirez is an attitude problem with no adjustment knob and Ells is a passive aggressive attitude that can't wait to walk from the Sox to FA.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

Do you notice the only players he ever wants to trade are white college grads (Jake and Jed)?

I wanted Lowell traded for scrap. And since when were pale college grads a federally regulated and defined class of people that needed federal regulatiions to protect them from all the pale college grad haters out there.....................

Do you ever notice how the only players he wants to trade for are African Americans? (BHall, Kemp, HanRam, Upton...)?

Hanley Ramirez is not an African American. I also wanted to offer Putz more guaranteed money on a player opt out deal, based on merits, over 12 million for Jenks. 

I simply state the truth. Most of my fellow Red Sox fans from the northeast are de facto racists, which is why the rare colored players in Boston are always branded as malcontents, underachieves or busts. Racism is manifestly revealed by choices in intimate personal life. Ortiz treatment by fans in Boston has been a disgrace. The single most important impact player in Red Sox baseball history, and he is widely jeered and bashed during every slump and after nearly every public comment. Very sad.

Name the New England fan and media considered colored dirt dogs that have played for the Red Sox? Zero.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

In Response to Re: Sox and Marlins had a trade talk for Hanley Ramirez (Source from TR) : Well, he is part Cherokee or something.
    Posted by SpacemanEephus

Yeah right...that came out about 2 years of him taking deserved abuse for the way he spoke about Ellsbury....then, way hey!, Softy is part Cherokee.  Sure....

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

And you are all German.........yea, sure...........................

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

And you are all German.........yea, sure...........................
    Posted by hankwilliams

huh?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

I am not part Cherokee. Jacoby Ellsbury are not Navaho names. People use ethnic ancestry to further agendas. See the current political corpseman in the White House.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

In Response to Re: Sox and Marlins had a trade talk for Hanley Ramirez (Source from TR) :  The Marlins don't have to do anything.  At the end of the day, Hanley is under contract with them.  The fact that he is b*tching about a position change doesn't force their hand.  Reyes is a far superior shortstop.  If he can't see the light and make the switch with grace, what is he going to do?  Sulk and play poorly on purpose?  Nope.  That does nothing to help his value on the market, tarnished as it is already by his bad attitude.  At the end of the day, he will play third for the Marlins and love it because he will find the centerpiece of a serious contender.  Pitching diva fits in November hardly make for a meaningful trade demand.
    Posted by SpacemanEephus

What I meant was if the Marlins shift Hanley to a power position (3B or LF) his trade value drops immensely.  If they ever want to trade him, it has to be now.

Sections
Shortcuts