Sox and Marlins had a trade talk for Hanley Ramirez (Source from TR)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from chiefret. Show chiefret's posts

Re: Sox and Marlins had a trade talk for Hanley Ramirez (Source from TR)

In Response to Re: Sox and Marlins had a trade talk for Hanley Ramirez (Source from TR):
    [QUOTE]If Im the Marlins I dont want or need Iglesias, or Kalish.  It starts with Middlebrooks, Ranuado, Dubront and Lavarnway.  Thats all the sox have that would be of interest for the Marlins. It will take a blockbuster five prospect deal to get Hanley, its way to much and takes away all the prospects the sox have that are close to major league ready. Pipe Dream!  Moving on
    Posted by jb12bb[/QUOTE]
    Spot on! Theo drained the farm system of prime prospects for Gagne, VMart, AGon and Bedard. It takes yrs to build a solid farm system and the Marlins would want the cream of the Sox farm system not 2nd or 3rd tier prospects. Youkilis has limited trade value due to reported hip probs and within a yr or so may resemble a gimpy Mike Lowell. Thankfully Theo is gone, no to acquiring Ramirez, the cost would be prohibitive. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Scutaro can do the job until Iglesias or that other kid is ready.  Hanley has too many red flags , plus a strange drop off in productivity last year. It was not shortstop that caused us to miss the post season last year.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to "Re: Sox and Marlins had a trade talk for Hanley Ramirez (Source from TR)": [QUOTE]Teams nearly always deny shopping a player. Ramirez has been shopped and if the right offer is made that works for both teams then Ramirez will be traded. To say you are trying to distress sale dump balloon payments and a player is like slicing half the player value. Ramirez may last one more year in the ABA of MLB, but he will be traded in the time frame I said he would be traded. Ellsbury plus blocked prospects for Ramirez and about 5 to 6M for 2012 contract year and a 2nd tier starter via a 3rd party, will make both teams better. I prefer an overt bad attitude like Manny to a passive aggressive bad attitude like Ellsbury. Bottom line, it would improve both teams, immediate and long term. Posted by hankwilliams[/QUOTE] I prefer an overt in your face attitude like RidingwiththeKing to a passive aggressive bad idea machine like softlaw.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from boboinfla. Show boboinfla's posts

In Response to Re: Sox and Marlins had a trade talk for Hanley Ramirez (Source from TR):
    [QUOTE]Only an idiot woud be advocating trading a low trade value Youk, over passive aggressive 20 million plus to FA and 30 million a year for Crawford and Ellsbury.
    Posted by hankwilliams[/QUOTE]

Bingo!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from boboinfla. Show boboinfla's posts

[QUOTE]Only an idiot woud be advocating trading a low trade value Youk, over passive aggressive 20 million plus to FA and 30 million a year for Crawford and Ellsbury.
    Posted by hankwilliams[/QUOTE]

Bingo!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to "Re: Sox and Marlins had a trade talk for Hanley Ramirez (Source from TR)": [QUOTE]Scutaro can do the job until Iglesias or that other kid is ready.  Hanley has too many red flags , plus a strange drop off in productivity last year. It was not shortstop that caused us to miss the post season last year. Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE] Scut is a dirt dog, hang on to him.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

[QUOTE]hanley for josh...one idiot for another...at least hanley wont gain 25 pounds during the season
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]

Mr. Fried Chicken, Bud Light, and Video games comes out of his slumber and strikes again.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

I'm interested in what value other teams place on Hanley after showing he's a malcontent and a quitter.

His behavior the last two seasons alone has soured me on him quite a bit.  There are lots of people with talent in the world, no matter what job theymay have.  But their lousy attitude makes the workplace more of a chore than a job, more of a disappointment than a possibility.

Hanley has the goods.  But he's soured inside somehow.  Ask any tree surgeon, a strong outer tree with a rotten core is just trouble waiting to hurt someone in its path when a storm comes up.  I can't see giving anything of value for him. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Hanley is essentially a two tool player.  One of those tools, his wheels, is diminishing every year as he bulks up to maximize the razzle dazzle homer factor.  The other, his bat, is really A+, but mitigated somewhat by his lack of plate discipline.  Personally, I think he is one of the most-overrated players in the game.  And that is not even taking into consideration any mental make-up factors.  

I get a good chuckle everytime I think of all the folks clamoring for his services; the reaction the first time he dogs it on a pop-up or weak grounder.  Oh my.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

[QUOTE]I'm interested in what value other teams place on Hanley after showing he's a malcontent and a quitter. His behavior the last two seasons alone has soured me on him quite a bit.  There are lots of people with talent in the world, no matter what job theymay have.  But their lousy attitude makes the workplace more of a chore than a job, more of a disappointment than a possibility. Hanley has the goods.  But he's soured inside somehow.  Ask any tree surgeon, a strong outer tree with a rotten core is just trouble waiting to hurt someone in its path when a storm comes up.  I can't see giving anything of value for him. 
    Posted by SinceYaz[/QUOTE]

Thank you!  I agree 100%!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In Response to Re: Sox and Marlins had a trade talk for Hanley Ramirez (Source from TR):
    Only an idiot woud be advocating trading a low trade value Youk, over passive aggressive 20 million plus to FA and 30 million a year for Crawford and Ellsbury.
    Posted by hankwilliams

Bingo!
    boboinfla

Don't drink softy's koolaid.
    1) I never advocated signing Crawford.
    2) I have mentioned several scenarios where I would trade Ellsbury. I even agreed with softy's Jacoby (2 yrs of control) for Justin Upton (4 years of control) deal (if AZ would agree).
    3) softy is the same guy who blasts VTek for not being a leader,and he complains about malcontent clubhouses, but then wants to deal for HanRam, Kemp (this past summer), and is Papi's biggest apologist on his lack of effort and back-stabbing his manager & GM over and over.
    Don't associate yourself with a circus clown, you might be mistaken for an elephant dropping. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

I won't go so far as to predict this will happen, but if we are close on a deal for Hanley, the other off-season moves make a lot more sense.  Whatever your overall opinion of Lowrie, he's a big part of our offense against left-handers, which was already considered a weakness going into 2012.  With Hanley in the lineup, that RH offensive void is more than filled, and Punto can come in to games late defensively, and can spell Youk or provide insurance if Youk is not 100%.  

Without a Hanley trade (or similar) in the works, I don't think we've improved the team at all so far this off-season.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]I won't go so far as to predict this will happen, but if we are close on a deal for Hanley, the other off-season moves make a lot more sense.  Whatever your overall opinion of Lowrie, he's a big part of our offense against left-handers, which was already considered a weakness going into 2012.  With Hanley in the lineup, that RH offensive void is more than filled, and Punto can come in to games late defensively, and can spell Youk or provide insurance if Youk is not 100%.   Without a Hanley trade (or similar) in the works, I don't think we've improved the team at all so far this off-season.
    Posted by slomag[/QUOTE]
    Well , that all depends on what we give up for Hanley.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom. Show proftom's posts

Passive aggressive bad attitude?

Try going to the kids home town. Listen to the pride he talks about his team, his teammates, and absolute admiration for the city Boston and the Red Sox fans.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I think we can do better than HanRam. We need pitching. If HanRam does come here, we will want to move him to 3B when Youk leaves, and he'll balk at us too.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Spot on! Theo drained the farm system of prime prospects for Gagne, VMart, AGon and Bedard.

The ony player of any importance he gave up was Masterson.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sox and Marlins had a trade talk for Hanley Ramirez (Source from TR) : Jake is worth more than hanley right now.  With their contracts and attitudes alone, the Sox would get the extra prospect in that deal.
    Posted by adam4522[/QUOTE]

There isn't a chance I'd trade Ellsbury straight up for hanley.  None.

They'll be some regression, but Ellsbury was easily the best player in BB last year.  Even if Ellsbury's OPS drops by 100 points, and Hanley's OPS increases by 100 points, Ellsbury is still a much, much better player.

And I don't even mind trading Ellsbury.  Just not for a worse player, who is paid double what Ellsbury is being paid, and doesn't really have a position.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

Even if Ellsbury's OPS drops by 100 points, and Hanley's OPS increases by 100 points, Ellsbury is still a much, much better player.

Ramirez age 27 career OPS .886  v LP .920 v RP .875 

Ellsbury age 28 career OPS .807 v LP .782 v RP .816

And I don't even mind trading Ellsbury. Just not for a worse player, who is paid double what Ellsbury is being paid, and doesn't really have a position.

Ellsbury is likely to get about 10M next years

Ramirez is due 15M next year

That is not double, and Ramirez is the superior athlete with the superior numbers. More importantly, with Crawford, Ramirez provides a better contract years fit over Ellsbury and 2 years of arbitration and 20M to FA.   

Ramirez is a better player, and a better value to the Red Sox than paying Ellsbury 10M a year. See Crawford. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

And I don't even mind trading Ellsbury. Just not for a worse player, who is paid double what Ellsbury is being paid, and doesn't really have a position.

Ellsbury is likely to get about 10M next years

Ramirez is due 15M next year

Funny how with VTek, it's waht he made the last 3 years that you rant on and on about, but when someone says HanRam "is paid double", you jump to the projected future.

BTW, HanRam is under contract for $46.5M (3 yrs)
    Jake should make about $20-25M (2 yrs)
    That's about half in total.

Silly clown.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

What is not to love about Hanley? His team gets a new stadium and his new manager proclaims the Marlins to be Hanley's team. They sign 3 very good players, dramatically increase payroll, and plan to do more.  All of this and he remains an unhappy camper because they would like him to move to 3rd base.

Don't forget the criticisms of Hanley the past two years about poor leadership, and that is when he was the starting short-stop.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Don't forget the criticisms of Hanley the past two years about poor leadership, and that is when he was the starting short-stop.

Ask yourself why the same people who are complaining about Beckett & VTek and leadership issues want guys like HanRam.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

I ask myslef why posters are this dumb to keep creating threads about getting Hanley back here.

His present state of mind fits in perfectly with September 2011 Red Sox clubhouse mentality.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Are you calling Mr. Hanky dumb?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

lol, he did not start the thread did he?  Both of you keep repeating yourselves. I suppose I do to on many of my comments.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

lol, he did not start the thread did he?  Both of you keep repeating yourselves. I suppose I do to on many of my comments.

Your previous post called those who started HanRam threads "dumb". Softy, aka Mr. Hanky, has started several threads on trading for HanRam.
    Maybe not this one, but several.

First: 9/29/2009
    Last: 12/19/2011
    I ask myslef why posters are this dumb to keep creating threads about getting Hanley back here.

His present state of mind fits in perfectly with September 2011 Red Sox clubhouse mentality.

softy is also a leader in bashing the team leadership and clubhouse attitude.

I just wanted to hear you say it, "Mr. Hanky is dumb." Go ahead, I'm waiting...

Sections
Shortcuts