sox aquire aviles from kc

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mvpyouk20. Show mvpyouk20's posts

sox aquire aviles from kc

Not sure why they traded navarro for mike aviles but i guess they know or have a reason..some guy name kendal volz went to in the trade too

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Re: sox aquire aviles from kc

More MLB experience, better range at SS (4.56 RF/9), and we will probably be getting an OF'er soon, so we don't need Navarro there.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

He's a middle infielder with some pop...

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/split.cgi?id=avilemi01&year=Career&t=b

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

I kind of like Navarro, but like Youk said, I'm sure they know what they're doing.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tbrod. Show tbrod's posts

Nice trade. This guy has ht .325 and .304 in the two seasons he played pver 100 games in.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bettersoftthanlaw. Show bettersoftthanlaw's posts

Stupid trade. Navarro, seven years younger than Aviles, has a very good chance of being as good as Aviles and a 50/50 shot of being better. Straight up would be stupid, but we also gave away a young pitching prospect. Inepstein strikes again. The great Jed is due back soon, so no reason for another infielder.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

I don't quite get this trade.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from expitch. Show expitch's posts

This trade is a break for Navarro.  It was becoming apparent that, for better or worse, Boston regarded him as a utility player. I hope he has a great career elsewhere.
    Now what in Boston?  When Lowrie returns, the club will have three shortstops, two of whom are not good fielders at the position. Is Aviles? Are we back to Theo's revolving door? If Navarro had to be moved, would it not have been better to include him in a package for a pitcher?  Or what?  On the surface, this trade is a little puzzling.  
    But cheers for Navarro.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

I thought it was pretty apparent that they were showcasing Navarro to the Royals , this week.  Have to say that I don't quite get this deal.  Aviles is okay as a backup infielder, but Navarro is younger and probably has potential to be as good as or better than Aviles.   Let's see what else is coming.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

I almost wonder if something else is brewing here.  This deal just seems to odd to me with Lowrie coming back.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from chuchos. Show chuchos's posts

This doesn't make much sense unless Lowrie is not coming back, or is being packaged.  Or that they are not confident in him being healthy.

Either way, it doesn't make sense unless somthing else is in the works.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from thewags. Show thewags's posts

i dont really undertsand this either.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to sox aquire aviles from kc:
    [QUOTE]Not sure why they traded navarro for mike aviles but i guess they know or have a reason..some guy name kendal volz went to in the trade too
    Posted by mvpyouk20[/QUOTE]

Navarro should have been given more time.  Aviles is a decent hitter but a poor fielding SS and at other infield positions so I really don't get it.  Plus Lowrie should be back soon.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hortonhearzacup. Show hortonhearzacup's posts

The rockies have had interest in Lowrie for awhile I wonder if this is part of a Jimenez package

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

It was pretty obvious that Navarro was being showcased.

Ii think it is also obvious that the Sox will not retain Aviles, Lowrie and Scutaro on the Major League roster.

I've seen it happen before where a player acquired in trade is packaged with others players almost immediatly. So we will have to see if Aviles is a player they wanted or needed to acquire someone else.

The fact that Aviles bats right leads me to believe he will stay.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Re: sox aquire aviles from kc:
    [QUOTE]The rockies have had interest in Lowrie for awhile I wonder if this is part of a Jimenez package
    Posted by hortonhearzacup[/QUOTE]

That would make the deal worth it because looking at Aviles fielding Stats I would rather have Navarro who also has a better arm.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]It was pretty obvious that Navarro was being showcased. Ii think it is also obvious that the Sox will not retain Aviles, Lowrie and Scutaro on the Major League roster. I've seen it happen before where a player acquired in trade is packaged with others players almost immediatly. So we will have to see if Aviles is a player they wanted or needed to acquire someone else. The fact that Aviles bats right leads me to believe he will stay.
    Posted by ZILLAGOD[/QUOTE]

ZILL, Lowrie is a SWH and Scutaro already bats R

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

I like Kuroda of the Dodgers more than Jimenez. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from tom-uk. Show tom-uk's posts

"but can be prone to lapses in focus and effort." Sox prospects on Navarro and "He can be a bit aggressive at the plate and can be prone to breaking balls, but has great balance and generates good bat speed.

Aviles MLB
    2008   102 games   .833 OPS
    2010   110 games   .748 OPS

as a SS only career UZR/150 :  11.3

Maybe Theo is not sold on Navarro figuring out breaking balls while Aviles could bounce back.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

I hate this trade.  The only scenario that makes it tolerable is if there is a trade for Hanley Ramirez brewing.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

This trade made by Theo is an equivalent of trading a bag of Kit Kat for M&Ms. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from promise4you. Show promise4you's posts

This trade makes absolutely no sense, I am sure this is just a bad dream, we sure as heck did not need to trade away a 23 year old with potential for a 30 year old im not sure what!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

This is a nothing trade:  Nothing is gained at all.  They just dealt youth for age.

Aviles does not have better range from the infield than Navarro, nor does he have a stronger arm.  They did this to get a guy who hits lefties, and his numbers are not staggeringly good; maybe not even good enough to warrant this deal.

Bizarre trade.  I know they know more than us, but this is not what people were expecting. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from promise4you. Show promise4you's posts

[QUOTE]"but can be prone to lapses in focus and effort." Sox prospects on Navarro and "He can be a bit aggressive at the plate and can be prone to breaking balls , but has great balance and generates good bat speed. Aviles MLB 2008   102 games   .833 OPS 2010   110 games   .748 OPS Maybe Theo is not sold on Navarro figuring out breaking balls while Aviles could bounce back.
    Posted by tom-uk[/QUOTE]

Ok, I can buy that, but he has 7 more years to figure it out based on the persons age that was obtained!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Theo Epstein could have made this trade through the Barter section in Craigslist.  lol

Sections
Shortcuts