Having the worst record in the AL.

and

Being the Wild Card team.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Re: Sox are 6.5 games away from...

Welcome to the 21st century. Laughing

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from thefly8. Show thefly8's posts

But look and play like the worst team in the MLB, since they have packed it in is see it in their future.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Maybe we can go for a nice top 6 draft pick, or be the team to have the first rights on a player placed on waivers.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In Response to Re: Sox are 6.5 games away from...:
    [QUOTE]Maybe we can go for a nice top 6 draft pick, or be the team to have the first rights on a player placed on waivers.
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]That could work out well.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

7 away in the loss column to being the 4th worst team in all of MLB.
    9 & 10 away from 3rd or 2nd worst.
    We'd have to go 0-44 to have a half legitiamte shot the the top pick.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

Aren't we all just 6.5 games away from that Golden Ticket, and an equal number of setbacks from life's basement?  Of course!!! So the Red Sox situation is actually an inspiring reminder to Everyman and Everytroll that we are all just a few small successes or losses away from either salvation or ruin....Can we fire our wives or kids or employers??? Of course not!!! We need to follow in the footsteps of feisty Grandpa Joe and reach out and up on our own, even if that brass ring seems to have disappeared!!! Otherwise, why get on the carousel of life in the first place!!!! Take six and a half minutes to think about what I have said, and your life will change!!! And make sure to send this message to a friend!!!! Do not break the chain!!

"I never thought my life could be
    Anything but catastrophe
    But suddenly I begin to see
    A bit of good luck for me."

And for more inspiring quotations such as these, go to my website...
    sixnandahalfminutestochange.com

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]Aren't we all just 6.5 games away from that Golden Ticket, and an equal number of setbacks from life's basement?  Of course!!! So the Red Sox stuation is actually an inspiring reminder to Everyman and Everytroll that we are all just a few small successes or losses away from either salvation or ruin....Can we fire our wives or kids or employers??? Of course not!!! We need to follow in the footsteps of feisty Grandpa Joe and reach out and up on our own, even if that brass ring seems to have disappeared!!! Otherwise, why get on the carousel of life in the first place!!!! Take six and a half minutes to think about what I have said, and your life will change!!! And make sure to send this mesage to a friend!!!! Do not break the chain!! "I never thought my life could be Anything but catastrophe But suddenly I begin to see A bit of good luck for me." http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29_uSlEEPSk And for more inspiring quotations such as these, go to my website... sixnandahalfminutestochange.com
    Posted by GreenPartyCelt[/QUOTE]Good one casey.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Aren't we all just 6.5 games away from that Golden Ticket, and an equal number of setbacks from life's basement?  Of course!!! So the Red Sox stuation is actually an inspiring reminder to Everyman and Everytroll that we are all just a few small successes or losses away from either salvation or ruin....Can we fire our wives or kids or employers??? Of course not!!! We need to follow in the footsteps of feisty Grandpa Joe and reach out and up on our own, even if that brass ring seems to have disappeared!!! Otherwise, why get on the carousel of life in the first place!!!! Take six and a half minutes to think about what I have said, and your life will change!!! And make sure to send this mesage to a friend!!!! Do not break the chain!!

Teilhard, you crack me up!

I'm always the "chain-breaker" though, so I guess I'm doomed to eternal damnation.

One more thing...

How'd you know my Grandpa was named Joe?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

[QUOTE]Aren't we all just 6.5 games away from that Golden Ticket, and an equal number of setbacks from life's basement?  Of course!!! So the Red Sox stuation is actually an inspiring reminder to Everyman and Everytroll that we are all just a few small successes or losses away from either salvation or ruin....Can we fire our wives or kids or employers??? Of course not!!! We need to follow in the footsteps of feisty Grandpa Joe and reach out and up on our own, even if that brass ring seems to have disappeared!!! Otherwise, why get on the carousel of life in the first place!!!! Take six and a half minutes to think about what I have said, and your life will change!!! And make sure to send this mesage to a friend!!!! Do not break the chain!! Teilhard, you crack me up! I'm always the "chain-breaker" though, so I guess I'm doomed to eternal damnation.   One more thing... How'd you know my Grandpa was named Joe?
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]
    Moon, with all undue disrespect, you and carnie just do not get the fact that I do have extra sensory perception...A masters in theology is like a having a bit of a handy bat phone to God...Who cares about phoning Dottie when you can dial up the Mysterium Tremendum...Not that he always takes my calls, but I actually do have his cell....Someday I'll show my phone records to Chilliwings, and that will quiet his atheist, secular humanist leanings real quick...And be nice to me guys, chilli included..You never know when you'll be on your deathbed and still 6.5 games back from redemption...It's always good to have a friend like Teilhard when that happens...

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]We'd have to go 0-44 to have a half legitiamte shot the the top pick. Not a problem, resign Tim Wakefield and he'll lose every single start.
    Posted by TrotterNixon[/QUOTE]You really are making me proud softlaw.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

I realize I'm in the minority, but you can still fire BV and still salvage the season. It's still possible, but if you think inside the box, like I'd have to say about 90 percent of the posters in here, and you feel you must not fire the guy because of all these other factors--but seem to dismiss the fact that his managerial moves/lineups have deterioated--then you get what you get. If you don't try it, you cheat what's left of 2012. I say you roll the dice, fire him, and see what happens with Royster or anyone else in charge. My guess, team immediately goes on an 8-game win streak.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

The latest Cool Standings projections have the Red Sox with 79.1 wins this year:

http://www.coolstandings.com/baseball_standings.asp?col=&sort=&run=25768&sim=s&sn=2012&v=d

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

" Not a problem, resign Tim Wakefield and he'll lose every single start."

Actually it looks like your guy Dice K might be able to come back soon and pitch even worse than Wake would have and accomplish the same end. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I realize I'm in the minority, but you can still fire BV and still salvage the season.

Who could be the next Joe Morgan?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

[QUOTE]I realize I'm in the minority, but you can still fire BV and still salvage the season. Who could be the next Joe Morgan?

Who would really want the job? Get rid of Bobby V, who takes over? Tim Bogar? Who cleans out this mess called the front office. As long as Henry owns this team it won't get any better.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

In Response to Sox are 6.5 games away from...:
    [QUOTE]Having the worst record in the AL. and Being the Wild Card team.

But where do you really think they are? They are 8 games behind in the loss column to the top wild card team, and 6 games in the loss column ahead of the Twins for the worst record in the league. The team is a disgrace given a $195M payroll and 57 wins.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

[QUOTE]I realize I'm in the minority, but you can still fire BV and still salvage the season. It's still possible, but if you think inside the box, like I'd have to say about 90 percent of the posters in here, and you feel you must not fire the guy because of all these other factors--but seem to dismiss the fact that his managerial moves/lineups have deterioated--then you get what you get. If you don't try it, you cheat what's left of 2012. I say you roll the dice, fire him, and see what happens with Royster or anyone else in charge. My guess, team immediately goes on an 8-game win streak.
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]

Who's going to pitch? Will the new manager all of sudden turn Josh Beckett and Jon Lester into good pitchers?

8 game win streak? HA. That would mean Beckett would have to win each of his starts. Keep dreaming.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

If the Red Sox can play .545 ball the rest of the way, the Sox will finish with 81 wins.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

[QUOTE]I realize I'm in the minority, but you can still fire BV and still salvage the season. Who could be the next Joe Morgan?

If a guy is able to remove the dysfunction, so it doesnt spill into 2013, that will be a massive success (even if we miss the playoffs).

I dont think this person is BV.  Fire him today.  If you wait until the offseason, then you have no reason but to suspect more of the same in 2013.  We have to make sure the players are motivated before the offseason, so they spend the offseason working out/getting better.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

I've been saying that for 3 months and counting, Drew. No firing, votes of confidence, and players who clearly don't like playing for him, now defending him as a PR spin to not being the hate back on the players--although Pedroia is now public enemy No. 1 even after stating he backs BV.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

But where do you really think they are?

Given the injuries and attitudes. We are right where we belong, but getting worse.

Sections
Shortcuts