Sox are 6.5 games away from...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Re: Sox are 6.5 games away from...

I dont think this person is BV.  Fire him today.  If you wait until the offseason, then you have no reason but to suspect more of the same in 2013.  We have to make sure the players are motivated before the offseason, so they spend the offseason working out/getting better.

On the surface I agree, but if you fire him, the players win. They don't deserve to be rewarded (and reinforced)  for their childish behavior.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

moon, it's spite for spite. You are really just saying what, like I said the majority of posters are saying--f the players for being prima donnas. But I think to spite the situation is to give up on the season. To me, why give up something that can still be salvagable like Drewski said. You at least end the drama (momentarily) and you can be no tears will be shed on BV's dismissal. It may come with a champagne celebration if you want the reality. BV gets paid one way or the other. I say fire him, and see what happens.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I think "Morgan Magic" could happen if they canned BV, but it's probably a week too late at least. I'm fine with firing BV now, and then this winter shock the players with some nasty trades to teams in Siberia. Shake 'em up. I kinda thought BV was going to shake them up and get them to stop looking for pampers from their manager. Instead, BV made some eqarly mistakes, and the players joined together to pout and do their nails, then cry to upper management becuase BV took away their binkies.

I'd rather see them waiver deal away the slugs... at least one big name to shake up the other malcontent millionare ball player pretenders.

I don't care of your manager is Genghis Khan, I'd give my left you-know-what to play for $50 grand a year, and these guys can't play a double header without needing an ice cream cone and some jelly beans... PLEASE!

Poor Jon's ERA was hyper-inflated beacuse BV left him in too long. It's the end of civization as we know it according to these puffballs! This is sickening, and since we are indeed out of it, I'd keep BV to the end of the season and tell him to torture these crybabies anyway he sees fit. Bench 'em, suspend 'em, anything to show them they are not running the show.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In Response to Re: Sox are 6.5 games away from...:
    I think "Morgan Magic" could happen if they canned BV, but it's probably a week too late at least. I'm fine with firing BV now, and then this winter shock the players with some nasty trades to teams in Siberia. Shake 'em up. I kinda thought BV was going to shake them up and get them to stop looking for pampers from their manager. Instead, BV made some eqarly mistakes, and the players joined together to pout and do their nails, then cry to upper management becuase BV took away their binkies. I'd rather see them waiver deal away the slugs... at least one big name to shake up the other malcontent millionare ball player pretenders. I don't care of your manager is Genghis Khan, I'd give my left you-know-what to play for $50 grand a year, and these guys can't play a double header without needing an ice cream cone and some jelly beans... PLEASE! Poor Jon's ERA was hyper-inflated beacuse BV left him in too long. It's the end of civization as we know it according to these puffballs! This is sickening, and since we are indeed out of it, I'd keep BV to the end of the season and tell him to torture these crybabies anyway he sees fit. Bench 'em, suspend 'em, anything to show them they are not running the show.
    Posted by moonslav59
    +1

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Funny thing is if
    1)   you look at the WC race the teams are in nearly the exact opposite positions they were in three weeks ago.

2)   The RS are only one 6 to 10 game winning streak of being back in the top of theWC Race....I'm not saying that will happen.

3) If they fire BV I'd bring in Varitek======
    There would not be nor could there be any animosity towards that move by any player.
    It might actually help the pitching staff especially Beckett and Lester.
    It would probably take all the drama out of the clubhouse.
    Varitek actually will talk to the media and make sense as well as not throw anyone under the bus.
    He will know what is going on as opposed to BV who seems never to know.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Funny thing is if 1)   you look at the WC race the teams are in nearly the exact opposite positions they were in three weeks ago. 2)   The RS are only one 6 to 10 game winning streak of being back in the top of theWC Race....I'm not saying that will happen. 3) If they fire BV I'd bring in Varitek====== There would not be nor could there be any animosity towards that move by any player. It might actually help the pitching staff especially Beckett and Lester. It would probably take all the drama out of the clubhouse. Varitek actually will talk to the media and make sense as well as not throw anyone under the bus. He will know what is going on as opposed to BV who seems never to know.
    Posted by JimfromFlorida

Dream about the winning streak. It hasn't happened all year and keep in mind that Beckett and Lester are in the rotation.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 6k42lt913c. Show 6k42lt913c's posts

When was the last positive post by ADG?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

When was the last positive post by ADG?
    Posted by 6k42lt913c
    When was the last baseball post by you?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Promise4you2. Show Promise4you2's posts

Wow, I thought I would see positive stuff here. My time is near, i will always love my sox! I blame the whole organization. But I would dump a couple of big guns before Bv to send the message. Be safe my friends! I hear Teddy is still playin in the heavens along with Mr Pesky!
    If we only deserved them!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Give Tito a one-year contract with Tek being his assistant, then let Tek take over on his own in 2014.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Wow, I thought I would see positive stuff here. My time is near, i will always love my sox! I blame the whole organization. But I would dump a couple of big guns before Bv to send the message. Be safe my friends! I hear Teddy is still playin in the heavens along with Mr Pesky!
    If we only deserved them!

Post of the day.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

Wow, I thought I would see positive stuff here. My time is near, i will always love my sox! I blame the whole organization. But I would dump a couple of big guns before Bv to send the message. Be safe my friends! I hear Teddy is still playin in the heavens along with Mr Pesky! If we only deserved them!
    Posted by Promise4you2

Ditto...Nice one, Promise4you...

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Yes, our back-up catcher did a poor job leading the team.

Our 6th starter was the number one reason we missed the playoffs.

Had we just listened to the silly clown and signed Ben Sheets and Nick Johnson among others, we'd be favorites right now.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

In Response to Re: Sox are 6.5 games away from... : Dream about the winning streak. It hasn't happened all year and keep in mind that Beckett and Lester are in the rotation.
    Posted by ADG

That is what you got out of my post???? Shows how you are on a train with but one destination.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Sheets, 2010 and 2011, year to year lower than Wastefield contracts, would have been better, yes. I never advocated signing Nick Johnson to a one year contract, over the Beltre market value.

Wow! You have denied the sign Nick Johnson position for years. Are you losing track of all your lies?

But, you advocated re-signing Tim Wastefield, for more money than Sheets. It takes a stooge to defend Wakefield in the rotation as "the best #4 or #5 starter" in MLB.

You can't help but misinform can you? I never ever said "Wake was the best #4 or #5 starter in MLB", I said his numbers compared well to most of them and better than some team's #3's. You keep assuming things that are not said or implied.

Your plan to upgrade our staff this past winter was:
    1) Use Bard as a starter. (softy then said, "5 ERs in 6 IP was decent".)
    2) Offer E. Bedard $1M/1 yr. (signed for $4.5M/1- 4.56 ERA/1.42 WHIP) 
    3) Offer Bruce Chen $1M/1 yr. (signed for $9M/2- 5.69 ERA/1.39 WHIP)
    4) Offer Roy Oswalt $1M/1 yr. (signed for $5M/1- 6.53 ERA/1.65 WHIP)
    5) Offer C-M Wang $1M/1 yr. (signed for $4M/1- 7.61 ERA/2.16 WHIP)

As you can see, softy's "plans" are unrealistic to begin with, because none of the players he says to sign ever end up signing for even close to what he offers, so his FA plan is basically: sign nobody. Softy thinks players are overpaid, so he'd never offer what these players can and will get from other teams. Then, the players he chooses almost always end up stinking up the place anyways as evidence by the numbers above.

By the way, Ben Sheets was coming off a serious injury in 2009, and softy advocated signing him for 2 years (2010-2011). Again, he suggested we offer $8M/2, bt that was way off from what he got. He was paid $10M for 1 year only in 2010 and had a 4.53 ERA and 1.39 WHIP with an NL team. He missed 2011. Softy's position was to have Sheets at $8M for 2010-2011. My position was to agree with the restructring of Wake's $4M a year team option to what ended up paying $5.5M/2 year deal.

While Wake was certainly not great from 2010-2011, softy chooses his Sheets plan vs my agreement with the Wake contract as an issue to keep bringing up years later to somehow show I am a "stooge" and he is a genius.

Sheets $8M/2 (actually ended up $10M/1)  4.53  1.39 in NL weak div.
    Wake $5.5M/2 -  5.21 ERA  1.35 WHIP pitching in Fenway vs top offensive teams.

This is the battle softy clings to. You know why?

Because, as sad as it looks, it's the closest he's come to being right since 2009.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

I say get rid of Beckett and Ellsbury a waiver wire trade. The problems with Big Labor pre-dates Valentine, by years!
    Posted by TrotterNixon

Unions...

The Folks That Gave You Weekends

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In Response to Re: Sox are 6.5 games away from... : Unions...                   The Folks That Gave You Weekends
    Posted by antibody
    Don't forget the 8 hour day, the 40 hour week and no child labor.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

In Response to Re: Sox are 6.5 games away from... : Don't forget the 8 hour day, the 40 hour week and no child labor.
    Posted by carnie

Thank you, carnie. I wasn't forgetting. I just didn't want to be-labor the point.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Every thread softy touches turns to Wake or politics.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

I do not think that the O's, Rays, Tigers, A's or Angels will collapse like Boston did last year. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I do not think that the O's, Rays, Tigers, A's or Angels will collapse like Boston did last year. 
    Posted by Ice-Cream

I agree, but they don't need to collapse to be ebaten out of a plaoff slot. Most of these teams play each other several times, and if th beat each other up at a .500 pace, it jst takes one team to play .600 ball to sneak in.

Sections
Shortcuts