Sox are 6.5 games away from...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Re: Sox are 6.5 games away from...

In Response to Re: Sox are 6.5 games away from...:
    [QUOTE]I realize I'm in the minority, but you can still fire BV and still salvage the season. It's still possible, but if you think inside the box, like I'd have to say about 90 percent of the posters in here, and you feel you must not fire the guy because of all these other factors--but seem to dismiss the fact that his managerial moves/lineups have deterioated--then you get what you get. If you don't try it, you cheat what's left of 2012. I say you roll the dice, fire him, and see what happens with Royster or anyone else in charge. My guess, team immediately goes on an 8-game win streak.
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]

This is mostly the same team that couldn't play for Francona last September--especially Lester and Beckett, who not only pitched badly, but drank beer during games, etc. 

I recently rewatched the Chicago Black Sox film Eight Men Out, a powerful reminder that MLB players can tank when they want to.  Do you remember the scene/game when the catcher was furious at a pitcher who wouldn't throw a curve ball?  Last time out, Beckett threw his curve, but it never got anywhere near the strike zone. Both he and Lester seem intent on throwing hittable pitches. Changeup, the lefty's friend against a righty lineup? Lester's is horrible, maybe on purpose.

Or think about Manny Ramirez in 2008. Forget the shenannigans, he was also tanking--without a doubt.  The instant he got to the Dodgers he was his old productive self.

So I would say your "thinking outside the box," especially the thought that a new manager would produce an eight game winning streak, is an endorsement of tanking. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In danny's defense (not that he needs me to speak for him), it could be subconcious and not conscious "tanking".

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

[QUOTE]Every thread softy touches turns to Wake or politics.
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]

Sorry, moon (but only just a little). I don't usually do the political thing here, but I couldn't resist the dig at softy. It's just too easy sometimes. Remember when harness would do such things and, more than forgive him, you'd join in the fun. I'm just doing my best to help keep things light in the dog days of this dark season.

I think it's working. Today pike called me a troll.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sox are 6.5 games away from... : Sorry, moon (but only just a little). I don't usually do the political thing here, but I couldn't resist the dig at softy. It's just too easy sometimes. Remember when harness would do such things and, more than forgive him, you'd join in the fun. I'm just doing my best to help keep things light in the dog days of this dark season. I think it's working. Today pike called me a troll.
    Posted by antibody[/QUOTE]

...at least you stayed away from Wake.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sox are 6.5 games away from... : ...at least you stayed away from Wake.
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]

Laughing

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Cool