Sox are calling up Jose De La Torre

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Sox are calling up Jose De La Torre

Sox called up Jose DLT to the majors and optioned Webster to Pawtucket.  Jose is not on the 40 so they are reportedly working on the move to clear a spot.  Jose is brought up to bolster shaky bullpen.  Jose has been solid BP arm during WBC, ST, and minor with the Red Sox.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Re: Sox are calling up Jose De La Torre

Interesting that they are letting Aceves rot down there.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

Or, maybe he's the piece they are moving from the 40 man.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

ACEVES, could be on the move too ..... They need to make room on the 40 M R .........

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

It was only two weeks ago when we had too many good arms in the pen. Did not know how to fit them all in. How quickly things have changed. And , how quickly the Sox success has gone sour. 

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

We got him for Brent Lillibridge last year.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

It was only two weeks ago when we had too many good arms in the pen. Did not know how to fit them all in. How quickly things have changed. And , how quickly the Sox success has gone sour. 

They are still in first place, did you expect them to win 115 games?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

Most expected them to win around 81 games (.500). They should be thrilled that the team, even with the recent losses, are still on pace to do better than that.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Well, these notions are really dependent on particular points of view that I, for one, find a bit suspect.  

First off, I am not sure there is a truer axiom in baseball than the old "you can never have too much pitching".  Why?  Because its a war of attirition.  Guys will inevitable get hurt.  And when they do, you can either fall back to 'good arms but overworked' (current Red Sox) or 'overworked and undertalented' (the alternative).  I'll take the former.  I think most sensible folk did not think we had 'too man'y good arms.  

As for the Sox success going sour, I have as hard a time mouthing those words after any particular 5 games stretch.  Its a long season.  And it would have been foolhearty to expect the Sox to keep winning at the ridiuclous clip they were at.  At some point they were going to take it on the chin from someone, and the best bet for when was a visit to Arlington.  Lets talk again next week and see if 'gone sour' is still a fair assesment at that point. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

Most expected them to win around 81 games (.500). They should be thrilled that the team, even with the recent losses, are still on pace to do better than that.

500 ball is a modest goal. Our expectations should be higher. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

In case most of you don't remember I predicted this team would regress at some point. I believe it was on a thread started dear old Frank from Gloucester.

But, I know you many of you only would remember what I say if it turns out to be wrong.

The good news is , this team is much better than last year's team.

The bad news is, it's not good enough yet.

But remember, Rome wasn't built in a day.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:

Well, these notions are really dependent on particular points of view that I, for one, find a bit suspect.  

First off, I am not sure there is a truer axiom in baseball than the old "you can never have too much pitching".  Why?  Because its a war of attirition.  Guys will inevitable get hurt.  And when they do, you can either fall back to 'good arms but overworked' (current Red Sox) or 'overworked and undertalented' (the alternative).  I'll take the former.  I think most sensible folk did not think we had 'too man'y good arms.  

As for the Sox success going sour, I have as hard a time mouthing those words after any particular 5 games stretch.  Its a long season.  And it would have been foolhearty to expect the Sox to keep winning at the ridiuclous clip they were at.  At some point they were going to take it on the chin from someone, and the best bet for when was a visit to Arlington.  Lets talk again next week and see if 'gone sour' is still a fair assesment at that point. 

Losing can become a habit very easily.  " Sensible " folks were suggesting phantom injuries to make room for all the good arms.  Now we are raiding Pawtucket for help. Yes , we can revisit this next week. But things seem to be going downhill at the moment. I guess it depends on your definition of going sour. Losing five of six is not too sweet. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Losing can become a habit very easily.  " Sensible " folks were suggesting phantom injuries to make room for all the good arms.  Now we are raiding Pawtucket for help. Yes , we can revisit this next week. But things seem to be going downhill at the moment. I guess it depends on your definition of going sour. Losing five of six is not too sweet. 

Haha.  True enough.  An interesting semantic position:  sour, as the absence of sweet.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Haha.  True enough.  An interesting semantic position:  sour, as the absence of sweet.

The man of the hour. Too sweet to be sour.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

500 ball is a realistic goal. Last year we won just 69 games. Thats a 12 win improvement. My expectations ARE higher, but just not for this year. As Zill said, this is going to take a while. Epstein left this franchise in shambles and financially hamstrung. So far Cherington has done a fair job at extricating the team from a very bad position. We will be better this year than last, and hopefully better next year than this year.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

500 ball is a realistic goal. Last year we won just 69 games. Thats a 12 win improvement. My expectations ARE higher, but just not for this year. As Zill said, this is going to take a while. Epstein left this franchise in shambles and financially hamstrung. So far Cherington has done a fair job at extricating the team from a very bad position. We will be better this year than last, and hopefully better next year than this year.

Last year , they completely collapsed ( quit ?  ) after the big trade. That made the record worse than it would have been. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

I'd be stunned if we ever see him in a Sox uni again.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to stan17's comment:

I'd be stunned if we ever see him in a Sox uni again.

Probably have a better chance of seeing him than Hanrahan. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

I  agree, but  a lot of posters were saying that they are no better than a .500 team.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Hanrahan is goin on the 60 day DL. JDLT takes his spot on the roster no coinciding move needed. They have also sent Webster back to AAA.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Last year , they completely collapsed ( quit ?  ) after the big trade. That made the record worse than it would have been. 

And they were basically fielding an AAA team except for a 3-4 guys players.

Loney  1b

pedey 2b

Iggy ss

Ciriaco 3b

Lavarnway C

OF  Ross, Ells, Nava, Repko, Lin, Pods

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

http://blogs.providencejournal.com/sports/red-sox/2013/05/de-la-torre-gets-the-call.html

Little something on our new bullpen arm JDLT...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to ZILLAGOD's comment:

In case most of you don't remember I predicted this team would regress at some point. I believe it was on a thread started dear old Frank from Gloucester.

But, I know you many of you only would remember what I say if it turns out to be wrong.

The good news is , this team is much better than last year's team.

The bad news is, it's not good enough yet.

But remember, Rome wasn't built in a day.

The Giants went 4-7 , in the first two weeks of May, last year.

How'd they make out at the end?