Sox are interested in Carlos Beltran

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Sox are interested in Carlos Beltran

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2013/11/red-sox-links-beltran-hanrahan-rotation-payroll.html

Not sure how much interest, but the def are interested.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Re: Sox are interested in Carlos Beltran

I think Beltran is the best hitter Sox can get into 2014 lineup from this year's FA.  Assuming Sox resign Naps, Farrell will have Beltran bat in the cleanup spot which will shift Pedey and Papi back to #2 and 3 hitters.  Beltran will give very well balanced lineup and also protect Ortiz.  

Victorino - Pedey - Papi - Beltran - Napoli - Bogaerts - Salty - Middlebrooks - JBJ

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Dear Beltran, if you cannot beat them, then join them.   lol

All jokes aside, I would like to have Beltran play for the Red Sox.  Do you guys think he will take another two-year deal?  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

Would he go for a one-year deal? Probably not, but I'm not sure how much beyond that I'd be comfortable with at his age (37 in April).

Beltran in RF, Victorino in CF, and Bradley as the fourth outfielder (he'd get more than enough action spelling the two of them and hopefully take over CF in 2015) could be a pretty nice arrangement. Gomes/Nava again in LF, and Hassan and Brentz are your emergency OF depth.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

I don't see any NL teams going beyond 2 yr but AL teams might go 3 or even 4 if heats up.  If the Sox succeed signing him, I see our 2014 OFs as JBJ at CF, Shane at RF, and Beltran at LF.  Gomes will be the 4th OF and Nava will be 1B/OF platoon.  

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

I think the Sox could go 3 with Beltran and have him DH/OF after papi leaves. But if papi keeps hitting, the Sox should def go year to year with him.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from KRomine. Show KRomine's posts

No thanks!  Let the Yankees have him.  He can share ice packs with Texeria, ARod, and Jeter

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to seannybboi's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think Beltran is the best hitter Sox can get into 2014 lineup from this year's FA.  Assuming Sox resign Naps, Farrell will have Beltran bat in the cleanup spot which will shift Pedey and Papi back to #2 and 3 hitters.  Beltran will give very well balanced lineup and also protect Ortiz.  

Victorino - Pedey - Papi - Beltran - Napoli - Bogaerts - Salty - Middlebrooks - JBJ

[/QUOTE]

YES.... That is something that looks real sweet !!!

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to redsoxandguitars' comment:
    [QUOTE]

If the market is 2 years, no, but a one year market rate with a 2nd year option/player opt out is obvious for the 2014 Red Sox. I expect that should close the deal and cost little more than what Napoli cost in 2013. Beltran has the two year work record to show he's worth a one year contract risk in hopes of getting another 140 plus games season. 

LF would be a perfect place to put him, at home, with a move to RF in ballparks with vast LF and shorter porch RF like Yankee stadium. 

With Shane and Bradley, Ellsbury is surely and thankfully gone for 2014, and the 100M plus that some foolishly advocate spending to retain him, should be laughed at in favor of promoting Bradley to CF and improving the slugging in the OF with a one year commitment to Beltran that could end up being a good value and fit for one or a team option 2nd year. 

Napoli should not be resigned, and if Kendrys Morales cost more than 3 or 4 years and 40 to 50M, Nava should platoon at 1st base and be OF depth with a cheap one year lower single digits deal on Konerko. 

Carp should be traded on what amounts to a one-time lottery windfall highest he'll ever have in trade value.

LF Beltran/Gomes/Nava

CF Bradley/Shane/Nava

RF Shane/Beltran/Nava

CF Bradley

1B Nava/Konerko

2B Pedroia

SS Bogaerts

3B Middlebrooks (His HR rate matters folks, in what has been an injury year)

C Ross & AJ (AJ and one year makes more sense than 3 years of Salty costs, with Swihart, Lavarnway and Vazquex insuring no need to do absurdly stupid things like guarantee 70 million plus to McCann and 30 million plus to hands of stone and arm of paper Salty) 

Payroll budget increased by 20 million plus, net 1 to 2 draft picks.

Beltran will be a draft pick charge, but that's offset by the draft picks picked up for Ellsbury and Napoli and let's hope and pray on S. Drew. 

Red Sox should try and get a team to take the debt of Peavy off the 2014 books, which would increase the budget more to provide necessary flexibility over this winter and next summer. 

[/QUOTE]

Beltran would mean Bradley isn't in the teams immediate plans.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

The word "interested" will get thrown around a lot in the next 2 months...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

I got to see him play in NY for years. 

No. Thank. You.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to notin's comment:

The word "interested" will get thrown around a lot in the next 2 months...

I think the words they used were strong interest. They now have that same label for Tim Hudson.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 808soxfan. Show 808soxfan's posts

Kick the tires on Stanton first. He is a true DH when Papi leaves. If he can play RF for 2-3 years, then he can DH depending on how his wheels develop.

Beltran would be a good alternative for 2 years with an option for a 3rd year.

JBJ is the 4th OF and would get plenty of time with Shane in CF and Stanton/Beltran in RF.

Nava/Gomes in LF.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

I like the idea of Beltran in the lineup.  I'm not so sure about him covering all of that right field real estate in Fenway on a pair of bad wheels.  He didn't look so comfortable there in the WS.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Michaelkayn. Show Michaelkayn's posts

I for one would love to see him come to Boston, he can still rake! Plays solid defense and is a great clubhouse guy and clutch as they come (outside of papi)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

Did the Cards throw a QO at him? If so, no way. Cant lose Draft Picks.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedsoxProspects. Show RedsoxProspects's posts

If they sign him I would think the plan is more likely to be LF.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

In response to RedsoxProspects' comment:
    [QUOTE]

If they sign him I would think the plan is more likely to be LF.

[/QUOTE]

I don't mind seeing that, but it kind of leaves them with a glut of low-range outfielders.  I guess right would be a combo of Vic and Nava then, with JBJ and Vic in center.  It doesn't leave much work leftover for Gomes though, and I'd hate to see one these guys shipped elsewhere.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

In response to redsoxandguitars' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Beltran would mean Bradley isn't in the teams immediate plans.

False, Beltran doesn't play CF anymore. Ellsbury is not in the Red Sox plans anymore, pal. 

[/QUOTE]

Why do you show so much disdain for Ells, especially after the great year he had. 

Hetch

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

Folks we have a new poster on BDC, REDSOXANDGUITARS who obviously hates Ells and can't wait for him to leave. Sounds like Softy has recreated himself again !! Anyone agree. 

Hetch

Sections
Shortcuts