Sox can't even get to 1 over 500

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from losmediasrojas. Show losmediasrojas's posts

Re: Sox can't even get to 1 over 500

In Response to Re: Sox can't even get to 1 over 500:
    Harness and the rest of you who continued to throw me under a busafter I admitted I was wrong are ass-ss. Like you all saw the comeback coming?  It was not even a ripping thread on the SOX.  And Harness, I do have a life outside of baseball and we all can't watch every game especially since I live in TX. So get off your high horse and save your preaches for non-sox fans. Why can't you act more like Zack.
    Posted by antiqueman1

Throw you under a bus?  You walked right in front of that bus, and now your guts are splattered all over this thread. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from losmediasrojas. Show losmediasrojas's posts

In Response to Re: Sox can't even get to 1 over 500 : Space, I don't need to be reminded about the it ain't over til its over quote. I am just tired of fans harpen on other fans because they did not watch until the end. They act like they never quit on a game their team was down in. Give me a break. We all have at one time or another. That's all. So many act like they watch every game until the bitter end without ever saying something negative about their teams. That is a joke. And adding cr-p like this: A "REAL" Red Sox fan believes that games aren't over till they're over, especially a game played at Fenway Park. You must have been a mess during the 2004 ALCS if you are old enough to remember back that far. There is no need for stupid stuff like that..   
    Posted by antiqueman1

No break, buddy.  You deserve a public flogging.  Take it like a man! 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

I thought it was over after they couldn't score Youk in the 8th. Runner on 2nd, no outs, trailing by 1 run. Then 1 out with a runner on 3rd, trailing by 1 run. To my way of thinking, this is when a manager becomes useful. He needs to do or try something to make sure that tying run scores. Francona did something, he watched while Lowrie and then Crawford batted the Sox out of the inning. Once again the team was able to pull out a win, and his apologists will say he led the team to another victory. Too funny. Can you say, In Spite Of ?
    Posted by BOSOX1941

Francona played to the strength of his team, nothing wrong with that.  This team doesn't bunt well, Lowrie is a fly ball hitter.  Just seems to make sense that he'd play for the sac fly over a squeeze play with the slower runner and inexperienced bunter.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to Re: Sox can't even get to 1 over 500 : Space, I don't need to be reminded about the it ain't over til its over quote. I am just tired of fans harpen on other fans because they did not watch until the end. They act like they never quit on a game their team was down in. Give me a break. We all have at one time or another. That's all. So many act like they watch every game until the bitter end without ever saying something negative about their teams. That is a joke. And adding cr-p like this: A "REAL" Red Sox fan believes that games aren't over till they're over, especially a game played at Fenway Park. You must have been a mess during the 2004 ALCS if you are old enough to remember back that far. There is no need for stupid stuff like that..   
    Posted by antiqueman1

yeah, i hear you man.  I gave up on that game The Meatball Chef Formerly Known as John Lackey started the other day.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

I thought it was over after they couldn't score Youk in the 8th. Runner on 2nd, no outs, trailing by 1 run. Then 1 out with a runner on 3rd, trailing by 1 run. To my way of thinking, this is when a manager becomes useful. He needs to do or try something to make sure that tying run scores. Francona did something, he watched while Lowrie and then Crawford batted the Sox out of the inning. Once again the team was able to pull out a win, and his apologists will say he led the team to another victory. Too funny. Can you say, In Spite Of ?
    Posted by BOSOX1941

man, I get tic'd off at people who come here the next day and say, "Why didn't Tito do something??"  Especially after a win.

Looking down his bench in the 8th he had Iglasis (.000), Cameron (.175), McDonnald (.150) and Salty (.217)
    Coming up to bat he had Lowerie (.320) and Crawford (.208).

Which one of those guys would you have pinch hit for, and who would you have used to hit? 
    Or would you have Lowerie (who already had two hits at that point) bunt the two guys over and put Crawford up with two outs??

My guess is that Tito was thinking pretty much what most of us were thinking.  "If ONE of those guys can get on base we'll probably at worst tie this thing up this inning, and maybe take a lead.  In addition to that, 'Tek will be up with a chance to win it, or if he doesn't hit we'll have the top of the order in the 9th."

I think Tito played it about right.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from losmediasrojas. Show losmediasrojas's posts

I can take anything thrown at me losmed. I admitted I was wrong. It was one game I miscalled. Big deal. The fact of the matter is most of you thought the same thing and some are even admitting it on this thread-game over. Except many of you never voice your opinions, but rather only hide behind your cheapshots. 
    Posted by antiqueman1

Don't make assumptions about me, Bub.  Like you, I missed the comeback.  If I were watching when the score was 6 to 0, I wouldn't have given the Red Sox much of a chance to come back either, but I wouldn't have opened up a pointless thread expressing disgust and declaring the game a fait accompli. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

I can take anything thrown at me losmed. I admitted I was wrong. It was one game I miscalled. Big deal. The fact of the matter is most of you thought the same thing and some are even admitting it on this thread-game over. Except many of you never voice your opinions, but rather only hide behind your cheapshots. 
    Posted by antiqueman1

When a team is down 6-0 after five innings, obviously fans are going to be discouraged. But there's a difference with being discouraged and quitting on your team.

When you post something like you did in the OP, it comes across as quitting on your team. I can't speak for others, but that's what bothered me.

There are too many fair-weathered fans on this board who pile on when things aren't going well. These people will say, they're just being honest or that there is nothing wrong with being critical of their team. But they're constantly critical and that's not being honest.

I can be mad when the Sox squandered chances early in the game and watch the score balloon to 6-0. But after five innings with the way they've been hitting lately, I'm not going to quit on the team, which is what you did with your post. 

I'm going to cheer them on until the last inning and not give up on them. There's a time for honest criticism and a time to blindly cheer. In the course of a game, I think that's the time to blindly cheer and remain optimistic. You have plenty of time after the game is over to pick apart how they played.

I don't know about you, but I've probably watched a couple of thousand baseball games in my lifetime to know that you never know what's going to happen. So while I might not expect a rally from 6-0 in the final four innings, I'm not going to give up either.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

Hey, everybody smile, it was killer ... I turned it off at the top of the 9th, I didn't know until this morning.  Great win, Agon is more than what they advertised.  I find myself dropping everything just to watch him bat ...

Geez, lets have some faith here.  it was a long climb to get to .500 after that start.  If PD heats up this team is going to score runs in bunches.  

Hold your breath tonight, Wake pitching, damp heavy air ... usually means hanging knuckleballs.  I am hoping for a rain out ....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

I'm glad a-man started this thread, because it gives me a chance to say what many already know.  Never, ever, ever give up on the Sox at Fenway.  I've been watching these guys (or listening to radio broadcasts) since the late fifties.  I've never left Fenway early.  And I don't bail on game threads on this site (I will admit, however, that I did fall asleep for a half inning when Daisuke was pitching).  In the top of the sixth, when Aceves gave up the leadoff bomb, I was on the phone with my honey who was trying to console me.  I told her we were going to comeback and win it  9-7. "Missed it by that much." It's amazing to me how quickly supposed Sox fans give up on this team.  It's one thing to moan about this or that, but how does one just flat out give up knowing this team's history and looking at this roster? 
    Posted by joel49

Dice-K could have put coffee to sleep last night joel. it was a great comeback/walk off win, reminded me of the glory days.  I found the game threads late last season and some hung in until the bitter end, you were one of them. i'll never understand why some just support them when they're winning, you win some, you lose and some get rained out. any team can beat another on any given day.....it's what makes sports great.  the best part about last nights win was the team never gave up, even if some of the fans did. After the start the sox had, it would have been easy to phone it in, but they fought their way back. tells me what the team is made of.....never say die. keep 'em coming

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

99.9999% of the RS fans thought the game was lost when it was 6-0.
    Not one had an inkling that they'd come back especially after getting within one and then the HR happened.
    Then in the ninth 99.9999% had slim hopes that they'd win even then.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Hey, everybody smile, it was killer ... I turned it off at the top of the 9th, I didn't know until this morning.  Great win, Agon is more than what they advertised.  I find myself dropping everything just to watch him bat ... Geez, lets have some faith here.  it was a long climb to get to .500 after that start.  If PD heats up this team is going to score runs in bunches.   Hold your breath tonight, Wake pitching, damp heavy air ... usually means hanging knuckleballs.  I am hoping for a rain out ....
    Posted by soxmeister

It's pouring sheets right now in southern Ct, so this one may very well get rained out.....sox have a 20 game stretch without a scheduled day off after last thursday....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The--Babe--1. Show --The--Babe--1's posts

In Response to Re: Sox can't even get to 1 over 500 : Fair enough roy. As you can see I did not run from my thread. I admitted I miscalled it. No big deal. I am glad I got it wrong. Great win for the Sox. Again, I am just tired of the ones who jsut keep commenting on what I wrote. I took the ribs, but some just go too far and there is no need for that. At least some had the guts to admit they also thought it was over. Peace

Posted by antiqueman1

They just don't think you are one of them, the SuperFans.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Babe-Ted. Show Babe-Ted's posts

The proper podium for giving up on your team every five minutes and getting pleasure from it and going public with it is in the game thread. Starting a thread about your uncontrollable off the cuff passion is over the top. What if everyone on the game thread did that?

The game thread serves a good purpose by drawing and containing such behavior in one place like a sewage treatment plant collects all of the toilet wastes from a city and is out of sight and smell of the general population.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

and yet, you're there everynight pike, as one name or another.....or another

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from slicksteve38. Show slicksteve38's posts

BOSOX:
    You say that the Sox win IN SPITE of Francona.  Do they also lose in spite of him? Why is it that when they win, its the players, when they lose its the coach?
    I didnt know tito was batting clean up for the Sox last night????
    What would you suggest the manager do in that spot with Youk on 2nd?? So instead, you would.....bunt?? Not exactly a strength of the Sox.....pinch it?? Ok who on the bench do you think would have been any more clutch there? Should he have pinch hit for his 20 million dollar per year player who routinely hovers around 100 RBI's every season.
    Seriously...I would love to hear your suggestions on what he should have done differently?
    May we see your resume regarding how many mlb teams you have managed? oh ok, how about minor league teams??  NO???? ok ok, how about college?? None there either? ok ok you coached high school?? Not even that????  OHHH I get it, you were a high school hero on the JV baseball team back in the day, hence you are qualified to question a manager who has won two world series?
    IDIOTS ARE BREEDING EVERYWHERE!!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from zack5042. Show zack5042's posts

Hey, I dont watch every game guys.! I can't :( stupid florida lol. Well i thought it was over but i continued to watch the pitch by pitch on MLB.com and then we started  coming back and i had the feeling we would win. Except i was thinking it was going to be a shot by Pedey that won it. Oh well. It was a good game can't we all just get along for once?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

BOSOX: You say that the Sox win IN SPITE of Francona.  Do they also lose in spite of him? Why is it that when they win, its the players, when they lose its the coach? I didnt know tito was batting clean up for the Sox last night???? What would you suggest the manager do in that spot with Youk on 2nd?? So instead, you would.....bunt?? Not exactly a strength of the Sox.....pinch it?? Ok who on the bench do you think would have been any more clutch there? Should he have pinch hit for his 20 million dollar per year player who routinely hovers around 100 RBI's every season. Seriously...I would love to hear your suggestions on what he should have done differently? May we see your resume regarding how many mlb teams you have managed? oh ok, how about minor league teams??  NO???? ok ok, how about college?? None there either? ok ok you coached high school?? Not even that????  OHHH I get it, you were a high school hero on the JV baseball team back in the day, hence you are qualified to question a manager who has won two world series? IDIOTS ARE BREEDING EVERYWHERE!!!!
    Posted by slicksteve38

spittin' in the wind slick.  you will never, ever manage to draw any specifics or even interesting generalizations out of 41 to back up his 'they win in spit of ...' stance.  His impeccable rationale is that if you don't see it, then it isn't worth explaining because you are lost.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Girardi-Inept. Show Girardi-Inept's posts

Bosox41 may have a point. The Yankees have been winning in spite of Girardi for years. Case in point, tonight he has penciled Posada into the lineup.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Babe-Ted. Show Babe-Ted's posts

In Response to Sox can't even get to 1 over 500:
    Wow, the Sox just can't get one over 500. I see Dice is giving up early runs again. To his defense, the Sox can't score with runners on either.
    Posted by antiqueman1

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

wow   fell asleep at 6-1    couldnt believe they won! 

too bad about 2/5 of our rotation however it could be worse...we could be the Yanks

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

Calling it 2/3 of the rotation is accurate but misleading.  It's the BOTTOM 2/3, and two guys who are struggling this year.  Yes, I include Dice-k as struggling when every outing is an adventure. 

Much of our "panic" over this - if there is any - is because of their salaries and our expectations for them.  For whatever reason, neither of those guys is living up to expectations. 

It's very possible that the guys who take their places will have better numbers this year than the original 2/5.

Sections
Shortcuts