Sox closer Bailey has thumb injury

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Re: Sox closer Bailey has thumb injury

Ugh.

Not good.  Bailey is nasty.  A lot of people think he is an upgrade on Paps.  They should be okay with Melancon and Aceves for now though.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Unless the medical staff has improved from last year, it will result in mis-diagnoses, nerve damage, and ultimately thumb amputation.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lowelll. Show lowelll's posts

In Response to Re: Sox closer Bailey has thumb injury:
    Unless the medical staff has improved from last year, it will result in mis-diagnoses, nerve damage, and ultimately thumb amputation.We are here to chat a little baseball, have some laughs and a good time. Don't take me seriously. I'm just BSing you. I learned everything I know from Babe.
    Posted by TheExaminer

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Pike I'm pretty sure adding to someones post, which is highlighted in red, to make it look like it was part of theirs is frowned upon. Frown And FYI, posting someones elses stuff is against the posting policy, as is don't pretend to be someone else, as if you care

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from lowelll. Show lowelll's posts

Pike I'm pretty sure adding to someones post, which is highlighted in red, to make it look like it was part of theirs is frowned upon.   And FYI, posting someones elses stuff is against the posting policy, as is don't pretend to be someone else, as if you care
    Posted by J-BAY

I posted Kim's words with a preface that it was her. Besides, are you saying that I am not Kim now? Why the about face?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Nice try pike, but I think the folks on here are smart enough to tell the difference between you and me. Desperate times call for desperate measures I suppose.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from lowelll. Show lowelll's posts

Just having fun Examiner. Going by your advice to make little of everything. How's this, The Red Sox medical staff could mess up a two-car funeral . I don't expect Crawful back until September because you can't trust that medical staff. How am I? Do I qualify for admission into the gamethreads or am I still too serious?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Just having fun Examiner. Going by your advice to make little of everything. How's this, The Red Sox medical staff could mess up a two-car funeral . I don't expect Crawful back until September because you can't trust that medical staff. How am I? Do I qualify for admission into the gamethreads or am I still too serious?
    Posted by lowelll

No because your humor is disingenuous and lame. It's not funny, and I can't think of any time when I ever took one of your posts, pasted it into mine and added to it. That's ultra lame pike. Back to the drawing board. BTW, "two car funeral"? Sorry, but I just don't get why I'm supposed to laugh at that. "The Red Sox medical staff is so bad, when the hearse got to the graveyard, even the driver was dead" isn't hysterical, but is a little better I think. And I personally have never used nicknames like "Crawful". You're barking up the wrong tree as usual pike. That's not me, go find someone else to blame, I don't post things like that, I never have. Find someone without your IP address that's seen me do it.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from lowelll. Show lowelll's posts

The gamethreads reek of such banter as "Crawful, Slackey, Lackluster, Papelsmear, Big Sloppy, Nancy Drew, Bellsbury, and Beck-hit". Surely you are aware of that? What did you and J-Bay do about it. Encourage or discourage it? Doing nothing is the a cop out. Very few comments last year in gamethreads were positive and you know it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

The gamethreads reek of such banter as "Crawful, Slackey, Lackluster, Papelsmear, Big Sloppy, Nancy Drew, Bellsbury, and Beck-hit". Surely you are aware of that? What did you and J-Bay do about it. Encourage or discourage it? Doing nothing is the a cop out. Very few comments last year in gamethreads were positive and you know it.
    Posted by lowelll

What did we do about it?? first of all pike, its not our place to do anything, nor is it yours. The forum is moderated by BDC. If you dont like what they're selling, keep moving. I wouldnt think of tellng anyone what to say, think, feel or post, nor would I expect them to care. Can I disagree and debate it, sure, but thats whats the forum is for and all its for

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Posted by lowelll

Sure I'm aware of it, and YES, I actively discouraged it many times. Redsoxpride and Andrewmitch are among the worst. More than once I've accused RSP of actually being drunk on the game threads because he was so out of control. But you don't remember that do you? "Very few comments were positive"? Ridiculous. Most of the vitriol, as I recall, was directed at YOU, but as far as the team goes it was as much good as bad, if not more. Again, find someone without your IP address that remembers it like you do. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In Response to Re: Sox closer Bailey has thumb injury : What did we do about it?? first of all pike, its not our place to do anything, nor is it yours. The forum is moderated, its there's. If you dont like what they're selling, keep moving. I wouldnt think of teling anyone what to say, think, feel or post, nor would I expect them to care. 
    Posted by J-BAY

Trouble is j, the gamethreads were negative against HIM, and his memory has distorted it into remembering it as negative against the team all the time, which it wasn't. For 4.5 months they were the best team in the AL. How could it have been that negative?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In Response to Re: Sox closer Bailey has thumb injury : Trouble is j, the gamethreads were negative against HIM, and his memory has distorted it into remembering it as negative against the team all the time, which it wasn't. For 4.5 months they were the best team in the AL. How could it have been that negative?
    Posted by TheExaminer

I think the negativity was more disappointment with the high expectations. I will admit when I first came to the forum, I was somewhat surprised at all the negativity mostly because as much heartache as I've been through with the Sox, I never felt that way. but that's just me. everyones different and peoples fandom is an extension of who they are. Thats where the debate comes in and that what the forum is for. As far as the gamethreads, I think everyone there is a fan, no one any more or less, just different outlooks 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from lowelll. Show lowelll's posts

In Response to Re: Sox closer Bailey has thumb injury : Trouble is j, the gamethreads were negative against HIM, and his memory has distorted it into remembering it as negative against the team all the time, which it wasn't. For 4.5 months they were the best team in the AL. How could it have been that negative?
    Posted by TheExaminer

LOL, the gamethread was negative in spite of the best record in baseball from May-Aug. As long as they had someone like Crawful to whine about they did. The whole forum was also negative during that period. Again "Negative" is describing the posts. Whining is decribing the posters.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

True Jbay, last year had a very rough ending, no way to disguise that. Not even pike's wigs and fake beards could do that. Welp, I'm going out for a 12 mile bike ride. It's in the mid 80's here today. I've battled the evil forces of pike all afternoon while watching a nascar race, a Sox game, and a large part of Star Wars V. Time to get up, get up, get up, and be a player......

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In Response to Sox closer Bailey has thumb injury:
    Boston Herald: F ORT MYERS — Andrew Bailey has a thumb injury, a club source said, and the issue has placed the closer’s availability for Opening Day in peril. Bailey, who already was set back early in camp due to a strained lat sustained in a vertical leap fitness test, was the club’s solution for the departure of long-time closer Jonathan Papelbon [ stats ] , who signed with the Phillies. Bailey and outfielder Ryan Sweeney came here from Oakland in the Josh Reddick trade Manager Bobby Valentine said earlier today that an injury concern to a reliever factored into the decision to place Alfredo Aceves, formerly a starting candidate, into the bullpen. Aceves immediately becomes a strong candidate to be the club’s closer. Mark Melancon will also be in the discussion. Last season’s set-up man, Daniel Bard, was named the club’s No. 5 starter today.Bailey has not pitched in a major league game here since March 25, although he did throw 12⁄3 innings on Wednesday, allowing one run and two hits, while walking no one and striking out two.
    Posted by 2004Idiots
      So, who cares...... Gang, this is the deepest PEN that we have had in years.....  This is all about, addition by subtraction !!!!!!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from lowelll. Show lowelll's posts

In Response to Re: Sox closer Bailey has thumb injury : I think the negativity was more disappointment with the high expectations. I will admit when I first came to the forum, I was somewhat surprised at all the negativity mostly because as much heartache as I've been through with the Sox, I never felt that way. but that's just me. everyones different and peoples fandom is an extension of who they are. Thats where the debate comes in and that what the forum is for. As far as the gamethreads, I think everyone there is a fan, no one any more or less, just different outlooks 
    Posted by J-BAY

Forum and gamethreads were negative every month even during Mat-Aug. Maybe it's the Calvinist / Puritan heritage of New Englanders who prefer punishment because they are sinners. No furnace for the Church, no we must suffer. Maybe the forum has too many oldtimers as a group are prone to complaining and fretting. Maybe they aren't happy unless they are miserable. All I'm doing is telling you what my perception of the forum was last year and I wonder why a few optimists don't ever try to be outwardly joyful instead of always being Debbie Downers.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

I don't think that Bailey's injury will be any worse for the Sox than Pineda's will be for the Yankees. Both teams will survive and this will be an exciting season. Melancon & Aceves should be able to handle the closer's job just fine.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

I hope we will be okay with Bailey out. Melancon was a closer last year. However, sadly, Bailey getting injured is no great surprise. This won't be the last time he is hurt during the season.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

n

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

Sections
Shortcuts