Sox considering Rich Harden

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bettersoftthanlaw. Show bettersoftthanlaw's posts

Re: Sox considering Rich Harden

No. If there is any Oakland player to trade for, it would be Coco Crisp. We need to shore up CF defense and baserunning percentage, and Crisp would be an obvious upgrade in both areas.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

The more names I hear on the rumor mill, the more I hope we stand pat.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

I do not like the idea of the Red Sox getting Harden or Crisp. 

Harden has been hurt so often.  He spends more time on the DL than actual playing time. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickerd2. Show rickerd2's posts

Please, don't do Crisp again.  Harden could help, at least a little.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from qball369. Show qball369's posts

Didn't anyone here get the dig against Ellsbury by BSTL - maybe no one wanted to give him the satisfaction of a response

You gotta love it - BSTL - you keep preaching the gospel on Ellsbury - some game you are going to be right when he has an o-fer

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

Harden is a good possiblity.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PaulLaCourse. Show PaulLaCourse's posts

In Response to Re: Sox considering Rich Harden:
    [QUOTE]No. If there is any Oakland player to trade for, it would be Coco Crisp. We need to shore up CF defense and baserunning percentage, and Crisp would be an obvious upgrade in both areas.
    Posted by bettersoftthanlaw[/QUOTE]

Ah, you slipping. You forgot to say "get Crisp and trade Bellsbury" but I guess you gave a dig to Ellsbury when you said that Crisp would shore up the CF defense and baserunning percentage, and would be an obvious upgrade in both areas. Just what are you smoking??

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter1. Show parhunter1's posts

Harden for Bowden or someone of that ilk would be fine with me.  When he is healthy, he is very good.  Certianly a surer thing than Miller, and decent fill in for Buchholz if he continues to have trouble with his back.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigpanther98. Show bigpanther98's posts

I actually think it would take a lot to pry Harden loose from the As.  He has relatively small contract, and so the As know that he is a bargain. So, they'd ask for a lot in return. The As would be much more open to simply getting a Bowden back if the Sox are eating most if not all of a big contract, but Harden is not expensive. He is a moneyball special. So, why exactly would they give up a player, if he's healthy, that has a very affordable contract?  If they get a bunch in return, that's why. I don't know about this one, guys...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigpanther98. Show bigpanther98's posts

Oh, and please stop talking about Coco Crisp. He has great defense, but that's it. His stolen base % is virtually identical to Ellsbury, so I have no idea what you're talking about with that one. Crisp is batting .268 and has an OBP of .318. I seem to remember last year softy blasting Ellsbury for not having significantly over a .350 OBP, so obviously you must think Crisp is utter garbage, right? Right? I think I'll take the guy, Ellsbury, with an .891 OPS rather than the guy with an OPS of .700 (Crisp). Softy, either you do this for kicks, are an actual troll that lives under a bridge, really hate the guy out of some racist/prejudiced spite, or are completely insane. I like how you repeatedly mention your "clients." You are not a lawyer as no lawyer can possibly be as ridiculously irrational as you. That would be the worst, most unsuccessful lawyer in history. Talking to your care bears put up on your window sill about the Casey Anthony case does not qualify you as a lawyer. I await your slew of SAT vocabulary words (as that's probably where you are in life, some 17-year-old-kid somewhere) thrown my way. Benal? Perfidious? Go ahead, have a ball.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimedfred. Show jimedfred's posts

In Response to Re: Sox considering Rich Harden:
    [QUOTE]Didn't anyone here get the dig against Ellsbury by BSTL - maybe no one wanted to give him the satisfaction of a response You gotta love it - BSTL - you keep preaching the gospel on Ellsbury - some game you are going to be right when he has an o-fer
    Posted by qball369[/QUOTE]
    Many of us just ignore this idiot now.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

I think adding a SP is key. We have only had Beckett all season who has been reliable (and he has been superb). However even Beckett has missed a few starts for small aches and pains etc.,.  Lester should be available and have time to get cooking but Clay could easily miss the rest of the season.

If you go into the play-offs with Beckett, Lackey, and Wakefield as your 3 starters you have a problem.

Sections
Shortcuts