Sox continue to disappoint

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Sox continue to disappoint

Best record in the AL despite the worst wishes of many of us who want Ben Cherington to make one or more really big deals to save this team from from its immiment demise.  If he would just get bold and go after a really good starter or righty bat (preferably at 3B) or closer.   Meanwhile it is already apparent from various threads that the following players need to be dumped as too much ballast on a sinking ship--Drew, Napoli, Ellsbury, Napoli, Saltalamacchia, Dempster, Lackey, Lester, Buchholz, and Doubront.   I would include Carp, Nava, Gomes, Victorino, and whoever is the backup thirdbaseman, but none of them has been worthy of his own "dump this guy now" thread. 

I myself have been guilty of exaggeration--a week ago saying this team was "trying to collapse"--but I'm pretty sure I have not advocated dumping anyone.

My reasons for that are simple.  This team has already been hugely successful in what was supposed to be a rebuilding year.  They are hitting well and even pitching well, or at least a lot better than a year ago.  They've got some talented players at Pawtucket and other places who could even break in this season.

But the biggest reason for not making a deal is there are so few if any GM's out there who want to give the Sox what they need without asking for a whole lot in return.  The lesson of last year's big trade with the Dodgers is addition by subtraction.  It is also the lesson of teams like the Rays who basically never import major talent or the St Louis Cardinals who refused to spend a king's ransom to keep Pujols and who have flourished in his absence. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Re: Sox continue to disappoint

Also dump Pedroia, Ortiz, Nava and Uehara "while thier value is high". 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

BU 3b is Brandon Snyder....He needs to go tooWink

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Lester needs to go, he gave up 4 hits today in 7 inns.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In response to stan17's comment:

Lester needs to go, he gave up 4 hits today in 7 inns.

Exactly.

Sell High.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

Max.....I've always respected your posts, but this one??  I can't read your face, so please tell me you're joking??  Don't you believe in success and chemistry?

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

Change of plans...we're not 10 games behind.

If the clock is working, don't fix it unless it only needs to be oiled here and there.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

I see no reason to dump anyone from a winning team, and I also don't see great reasons to buy if that means giving up great prospects.  Help for the bullpen, maybe, but not a starter or big bat.  Ben and John need to continue to show faith in the guys they have.  Change will come soon enough with the prospects waiting and three--ellsbury, Napoli, and drew--regulars scheduled to leave after this season.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

This thread holds my award for "BEST ORIGINAL POST OF THE MONTH".

Having the right to do something doesn't make it the right thing to do.

Sections
Shortcuts