Sox Cut Ties with Cousins & Linares

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Sox Cut Ties with Cousins & Linares

I always thought Linares had a good shot...

• The Red Sox have released outfielder Scott Cousins, Cotillo also tweets. Cousins, 29, has seen bit action in parts of four MLB seasons. The news was first reported yesterday by Mike Andrews of SoxProspects (via Twitter). According to Andrews, longtime minor leaguer Juan Carlos Linares was also among the players cut loose from the Boston system.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

Re: Sox Cut Ties with Cousins & Linares

What happened with Linares? Two years ago a lot of people considered him a lock for a ML job. I wonder if he will do better on a team with less players blocking his path or if he was just over rated.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedsoxProspects. Show RedsoxProspects's posts

The Redsox don't seem to be digging the Cuban player market. Every one of the Cubans they signed in the last few years, except for one signed this year if i remember correctly, are not gone. Padron, Iglesias, Linares and that catcher they gave a bigf bonus to. 

All gone.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

I never really saw much in Linares either, and I never really understood the hype.  He had a good glove, and I thought he might at least be a nice depth guy but he was never really able to hit above AA. Taveras had a hard time against low A players as a 20 year old, standing 6'0 and 170 there wasn't really any projection there.  Cousins was a little surprising to me, he never really got a long look at the MLB level and he handled AAA pitching pretty well, he also played all 3 outfield positions well.

This team is deep, guys like this sticked around longer on most Sox systems, and would stick on most teams.  It's a real testament to the depth in the minors, where a lot of our depth options are more than just AAAA guys.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

I watched Linares hit in spring training.  He has some pop but never was consistent enough to be a major league player.  A waste of $750,000!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

He had a good ST a few years back as I remember.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

The Redsox don't seem to be digging the Cuban player market. Every one of the Cubans they signed in the last few years, except for one signed this year if i remember correctly, are not gone. Padron, Iglesias, Linares and that catcher they gave a bigf bonus to. 

All gone.

Maybe we need to make some changes in our Cuban evaluation area, since other teams are finding gems.

Here's our most recent Cuban signings:

10/13  Hinojosa $4M

then nothing all the way back to...

7/10  Ibarra  $750K

7/10 Linares $750K

9/09 Iglesias $6.25M

3/10 Padron $350K

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to Amish-Bill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Re: Issues for BDC

posted at 4/8/2014 6:27 PM EDT

• BDCDottie
    • First: 5/29/2008
    • Last: 4/8/2014

Hey guys, I want to let you know that in addition to the moderators with the outside company who monitor abuse reports, I've also given a couple of the long-time regular posters here moderation access so that they can remove inappropriate posts when needed. I think they are great posters who will be fair and judicious.

[/QUOTE]

Here's an idea.

Don't be an idiot and you wont have to worry about who's moderatiing.

Seems pretty simple to me...