Sox sign Mujica

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Sox sign Mujica

No terms yet

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Re: Sox dogn Mujica

In response to notin's comment:

No terms yet

2 YR $9.5m pending physical.  good move.  solid 8th inning guy before Koji comes in.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

I like this signing.  Between Mujica and Koji you are talking about 2 of the nastiest splitters in baseball.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

I like this signing.  Between Mujica and Koji you are talking about 2 of the nastiest splitters in baseball.

Taz would be in that group also.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

Not QO offer guy too, good move.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Bullpen has been upgraded.  This is a solid signing.  our pitching staff is essentially ready to roll.  We have extra arms we can deal as well.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

agree with you all, a good move.  I am sure that Ben C are in the move to make a trade to free up more payroll flexibility.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiggerThanMyBrady. Show BiggerThanMyBrady's posts

Re: Sox sign Mujica

Posted this on the other thread.....

"Love it. Ben strikes again. While the Yankees don't have a closer, Cherrington snags a solid bullpen guy that could be considered a good closer (37 saves last year with STL). I love the emphasis Ben has put on the bullpen in his short tenure. Signing Breslow, Koji, and now Mujica. These three guys pitched a combined 198 innings in 2013 and walked 32 guys (180 K's total)! Games are won and lost with bullpens. Ask the Tigers how that goes. Smart move Ben. Way to go."

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Moon will be happy as well. He was really wanting this guy to get signed.

Great move by Ben!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to notin's comment:

No terms yet

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2013/12/red-sox-to-sign-edward-mujica.html

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from HailToTheKing. Show HailToTheKing's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

Bullpen has been upgraded.  This is a solid signing.  our pitching staff is essentially ready to roll.  We have extra arms we can deal as well.  

I agree.....however I would not deal ANYBODY....well....maybe Dempster.  As we saw last year, injuries happen.  Heck, our BP was taped up as best it could be with all of the injuries.  It's a long season, I would hold onto all arms if possible.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

nice high reward move

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Solid.  Love the Tale of Two Cities 24 hours - Yankees make the frontpage splash snagging Ellsbury but net improvement for team is questionable due to signing; Sox go under radar and bolster pen with very solid arm and decent value, net improvement definite.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bigpapa1977. Show Bigpapa1977's posts

Good call Moon, you had this guy in your sights for awhile.

Looks like he took less than market value.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to HailToTheKing's comment:

I agree.....however I would not deal ANYBODY....well....maybe Dempster.  As we saw last year, injuries happen.  Heck, our BP was taped up as best it could be with all of the injuries.  It's a long season, I would hold onto all arms if possible.

I would as well.  But three lefties in the pen in miller breslow morales.  Lots of righty arms and Workman was also missed in the bridge role.  Hes been solid.  We also have 6 starters.   I think this signing could mean other parts are moving.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

Winter meetings next week? Pretty sure, thats when a lot of Trades are done.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

Moon will be happy as well. He was really wanting this guy to get signed.

Great move by Ben!

I finally got one right!

:)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Cheaper than I expected:

The Red Sox have agreed to terms on a two-year, $9.5MM contract the right-hander

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to HailToTheKing's comment:

I would as well.  But three lefties in the pen in miller breslow morales.  Lots of righty arms and Workman was also missed in the bridge role.  Hes been solid.  We also have 6 starters.   I think this signing could mean other parts are moving.  

Me thinks Workman is going to start... more moves to come

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Critter23. Show Critter23's posts

Moon, good call Man!  You've been wanting this guy for a while.  I'm feeling great about our pen for next year, along with those coming back from injury. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from FL33178. Show FL33178's posts

per Keith Law...

Tim (Vermont)

Redsox getting Mujica is a fantastic addition, am I correct?

Klaw   (12:26 PM)

They didn't pay him a ton. He's a nice bullpen piece, nothing more.

What a tool....

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc1944. Show MadMc1944's posts

With Mujica and Badenhop added plus the three lefty's and Koji--that's 6--we have been carrying 8 in the pen...I am thinking perhaps either Taz or Work or both are added to the rotation with the possibility of a SS, CF or a 1 B and other pen arms. You still have Britton, DeLaRosa that can go into the rotation or stay in the pen.

I'm sure some of you other guys are ahead of me thinking of some names going and coming back.

The Winter meetings should be very interesting although a lot has been going on in the last few days. Could the Sox be looking at Kemp or dare I say a Stealth Move to swoop in and make a major offer  for Cano.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from KRomine. Show KRomine's posts

Hopefully this will pan out like Koji and not like Bailey or Hanrahan

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Simply put now the Sox are going to be strong from the sixth inning on. Badenhop, Miller, Britton, Workman, Tazawa, Morales, Breslow, and Mujica, and just for the ninth inning Koji. Of course I know that's 9 pitchers but it just gives you an idea of how deep the Sox are. There are still the starters Peavy,Lester,Buchholz,Lackey,Dempster,and Doubrant and whoever else they want... The Sox are now in the catbird seat pitching wise.

Sections
Shortcuts