SOX failure is STILL the BEST THING for the RED SOX and its FANS

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

SOX failure is STILL the BEST THING for the RED SOX and its FANS

I mean it. The failure of the Red Sox 2 yrs running(especially this yrs collapse) is the best thing for this club and its fans. Finally, ENTITLEMENT may be leaving the clubhouse and Fenway along with Francona, Theo, coaching staff and some of the top players.

If the Sox did not fail, and things were not brought to light, then how long would the charade have continued? Now, they can do some much needed house cleaning.

The Yankee way of buying championships was not a good fit for the Sox. Perhaps it has now become clear. Perhaps the Sox will get back to what work best for them: obtaining blue collar players with grit and heart.

Yes, as fans we think we deserve championships every year, but that is not realistic. However, fans do deserve to see players giving it their all every game. And, as we now know and did then, that was not the case this year.

I am actually excited about the change. I think the players that fell off and remain will take serious note of their wrong-doings. And I think some of the fan favorites will be shopped and others simply let go. And I think the Sox will once again be in contention for a playoff spot.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxNationMan. Show SoxNationMan's posts

Re: SOX failure is STILL the BEST THING for the RED SOX and its FANS

I agree and I disagree.

Theo's been failing as Sox GM for years.
    But since Theo looks to be GONE, I am just happy.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from gkeilty. Show gkeilty's posts

I couldn't agree more. My overriding  feeling at the end of the season was that this team needs to be blown up, not just tinkered with. As Georgge Harrison said so well; All Things Must Pass. The team, ownership and management had all grown fat and lazy. They were living on a past that was, well, past. There are parts that can be built around ie. Pedroia but so many of the others seem to care less now that they have thier big contracts. We need an infusion of young and hungry players like I see populating the post season rosters. Theo had much to do with this ugly situation and poor Francona was left to deal with it. Eventhough his time had truly come to go, Tito did deserve a better send off as well as our eternal thanks.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxNationMan. Show SoxNationMan's posts

In Response to Re: SOX failure is STILL the BEST THING for the RED SOX and its FANS:
    [QUOTE]I couldn't agree more. My overriding  feeling at the end of the season was that this team needs to be blown up, not just tinkered with. As Georgge Harrison said so well; All Things Must Pass. The team, ownership and management had all grown fat and lazy. They were living on a past that was, well, past. There are parts that can be built around ie. Pedroia but so many of the others seem to care less now that they have thier big contracts. We need an infusion of young and hungry players like I see populating the post season rosters. Theo had much to do with this ugly situation and poor Francona was left to deal with it. Eventhough his time had truly come to go, Tito did deserve a better send off as well as our eternal thanks.
    Posted by gkeilty[/QUOTE]

Absolute truth. I asked this question every year after the 2008 ALCS. How many more years does Theo get to live off 2004 and 2007 before we wise up?

So glad Epstein is gone.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

AS THE "BIG O" GOES, SO GOES OUR BOSTON RED SOX !!!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

In Response to Re: SOX failure is STILL the BEST THING for the RED SOX and its FANS:
    [QUOTE]      AS THE "BIG O" GOES, SO GOES OUR BOSTON RED SOX !!!!!
    Posted by Bill-806[/QUOTE]

time to think about changing your avatar Bill!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ArmyStrong. Show ArmyStrong's posts

[QUOTE]Theo had much to do with this ugly situation and poor Francona was left to deal with it. Eventhough his time had truly come to go, Tito did deserve a better send off as well as our eternal thanks.

Ding ding ding! Army Strong!

And Theo's gone!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

"you go out this door, i'll go out this one."  Agree bout the shakeup status. team got comfortably DUMB.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

I am actually looking forward to next season. I can't wait to see who is in and who is out.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yukon-Cornelius. Show Yukon-Cornelius's posts

[QUOTE]I am actually looking forward to next season. I can't wait to see who is in and who is out.
    Posted by antiqueman1[/QUOTE]

I agree - it should be interesting to see how the puzzle pieces get fitted together, and by whom.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ArmyStrong. Show ArmyStrong's posts

[QUOTE]I am actually looking forward to next season. I can't wait to see who is in and who is out.

We know who is OUT!

Bye Theo!

Red Sox 2012: The Nation Lives Again.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]I couldn't agree more. My overriding  feeling at the end of the season was that this team needs to be blown up, not just tinkered with. As Georgge Harrison said so well; All Things Must Pass. The team, ownership and management had all grown fat and lazy. They were living on a past that was, well, past. There are parts that can be built around ie. Pedroia but so many of the others seem to care less now that they have thier big contracts. We need an infusion of young and hungry players like I see populating the post season rosters. Theo had much to do with this ugly situation and poor Francona was left to deal with it. Eventhough his time had truly come to go, Tito did deserve a better send off as well as our eternal thanks.
    Great song.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

In Response to SOX failure is STILL the BEST THING for the RED SOX and its FANS:
    [QUOTE]I mean it. The failure of the Red Sox 2 yrs running(especially this yrs collapse) is the best thing for this club and its fans. Finally, ENTITLEMENT may be leaving the clubhouse and Fenway along with Francona, Theo, coaching staff and some of the top players.   If the Sox did not fail, and things were not brought to light, then how long would the charade have continued? Now, they can do some much needed house cleaning. The Yankee way of buying championships was not a good fit for the Sox. Perhaps it has now become clear. Perhaps the Sox will get back to what work best for them: obtaining blue collar players with grit and heart.   Yes, as fans we think we deserve championships every year, but that is not realistic. However, fans do deserve to see players giving it their all every game. And, as we now know and did then, that was not the case this year. I am actually excited about the change. I think the players that fell off and remain will take serious note of their wrong-doings. And I think some of the fan favorites will be shopped and others simply let go. And I think the Sox will once again be in contention for a playoff spot.

i said the same things you say above this past week on the board and added  changing attitudes of players and potentially players where that is not possible.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from myaim45. Show myaim45's posts

Yeah, once you ignore all the loud noise being thrown around by ESPN and the Boston Globe, its now the start of a new era. We can speculate on who will be the new General Manager and the Manager but we won't know forsure until it happens. It will be interesting to see what direction the next General Manager will take us.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pschuller. Show pschuller's posts

Agreed. Much rather have Petey types than all those prima donnas.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

Now we can add big Papi to the list of trade options. Sorry big Papi, but it looks like you lacked heart and grit this September. And now when the going gets tough, you want to run off. Thanks for your heroics and all you did years ago, but you are replaceable by someone who can field, run, and pick-up the clubhouse not worry about padding his own numbers. Team first.