Sox Fan in Milwaukee

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from demart77. Show demart77's posts

Sox Fan in Milwaukee

I've been posting this everywhere I can think of.

I'm a lifelong Sox fan who recently moved to Milwaukee. I know that Red Sox Nation is strong and spans the US so I'm hoping someone can help me out.

Are there any other Sox fans here in the city and if so do you all get together to watch games? I'd love to watch with fellow fans.

Any help would be appreciated.

Chris

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lowelll. Show lowelll's posts

Re: Sox Fan in Milwaukee

In Response to Sox Fan in Milwaukee:
    [QUOTE]I've been posting this everywhere I can think of. I'm a lifelong Sox fan who recently moved to Milwaukee. I know that Red Sox Nation is strong and spans the US so I'm hoping someone can help me out. Are there any other Sox fans here in the city and if so do you all get together to watch games? I'd love to watch with fellow fans. Any help would be appreciated. Chris
    Posted by demart77[/QUOTE]

Go into a Brewers forum and ask.

We have a Red Sox fan in this forum ( Spaceman)  who lives in Brooklyn and is going to a Red Sox bar in Manhattan and wants company on opening day.. So far only his best friends on the forum who all just happen to be Yankee fans have expressed an interest in joining him. The Yankee fans apparently have nothing better to do on opening day and he is just as content in their company as he would be rooting with Red Sox fans. So Demart, the problem might be with you, go to a Brewers bar and enjoy being friendly with your rivals like Spaceman does.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

In Response to Re: Sox Fan in Milwaukee:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Sox Fan in Milwaukee : Go into a Brewers forum and ask.   We have a Red Sox fan in this forum ( Spaceman)  who lives in Brooklyn and is going to a Red Sox bar in Manhattan and wants company on opening day.. So far only his best friends on the forum who all just happen to be Yankee fans have expressed an interest in joining him. The Yankee fans apparently have nothing better to do on opening day and he is just as content in their company as he would be rooting with Red Sox fans. So Demart, the problem might be with you, go to a Brewers bar and enjoy be friendly with your rivals like Spaceman does.
    Posted by lowelll[/QUOTE]

You shouldn't go into a Brewers forum and talk about the Red Sox, that is just rude.

Are the Brewers rivals with the Sox?  I didn't know that being that they play in the National League.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBINFL. Show TBINFL's posts

[QUOTE]I've been posting this everywhere I can think of. I'm a lifelong Sox fan who recently moved to Milwaukee. I know that Red Sox Nation is strong and spans the US so I'm hoping someone can help me out. Are there any other Sox fans here in the city and if so do you all get together to watch games? I'd love to watch with fellow fans. Any help would be appreciated. Chris

demart, don't pay any attention to lowelll (AKA: pike, kimsaysthis, uticaclub, pawsoxphil and a few other names). He could win a lottery to have all the red sox players over his house and not one poster here would show up. He's just jealous that others are liked while he is mutually despised.

I have a few friends down here in SoFL that grew up in Milwaukee. I'll ask them and see what I can find out for you.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mnsoxcat. Show mnsoxcat's posts

Howdy Chris!

I was born and raised in Milwaukee, but I now live in Minnesota.  What part of town are you in?  I might be able to lead you to a bar/restaurant to help you out.

Mark

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Chris,

Not sure I can be of any help, but I appreciate your spot. I'm in Jangee/Philly territory and there is little kindness toward us who have the higher calling of b eing Red Sox fans. :o)

I hope you find a goodly pack of RSN members ...enjoy the season. It's gonna be great!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from norm9340. Show norm9340's posts

Chris....Welcome to Milwaukee and be assured in the fact that you are not alone with your passion for the Sox here in the Milwaukee area.. I live in Franklin and have been a Sox fan all of my life...Originally from Sutton Mass..

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Sox Fan in Milwaukee : Go into a Brewers forum and ask.   We have a Red Sox fan in this forum ( Spaceman)  who lives in Brooklyn and is going to a Red Sox bar in Manhattan and wants company on opening day.. So far only his best friends on the forum who all just happen to be Yankee fans have expressed an interest in joining him. The Yankee fans apparently have nothing better to do on opening day and he is just as content in their company as he would be rooting with Red Sox fans. So Demart, the problem might be with you, go to a Brewers bar and enjoy being friendly with your rivals like Spaceman does.

OMG IT never ends.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

Chris, 

I'm in Milwaukee, in Glendale but lived in Boston until 2004. Email me offlist through the Globe site. There's little in Milwaukee to root for and don't pay attention to Trolls like Lowell or who ever he is. 

Hetchinspete. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from demart77. Show demart77's posts

Thanks guys.

I live in Shorewood/East Side and work Downtown.

Don't get me wrong I'm very excited to live in a city with a team and as a fan of the game I plan on going to the ballpark as much as money and time will allow.

My first love will always be the Sox, and I'd like to have some people to talk about the team with and watch a few games.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sox Fan in Milwaukee : OMG IT never ends.
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

And never will.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Demart, if all else fails or even if it doesn't, you're more than welcome to join us here on the game threads. Sox fans from all over watching and posting during the Sox games....just be prepared to be called a pretenderYell

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yoshimi25. Show Yoshimi25's posts

Next best thing to a bar is jumping on here during games - there is always a game thread going where we are all sitting in our respective living rooms and watching the game, but having conversation as the game happens.

I live in Ohio (YIKES) and you'd never know that this state has not one but TWO MLB teams.    

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yoshimi25. Show Yoshimi25's posts

[QUOTE]Demart, if all else fails or even if it doesn't, you're more thsn welcome to join us here on the game threads. Sox fans from all over watching and posting during the Sox games....just be prepared to be called a pretender
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

Great minds, eh?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Sox Fan in Milwaukee : Go into a Brewers forum and ask.   We have a Red Sox fan in this forum ( Spaceman)  who lives in Brooklyn and is going to a Red Sox bar in Manhattan and wants company on opening day.. So far only his best friends on the forum who all just happen to be Yankee fans have expressed an interest in joining him. The Yankee fans apparently have nothing better to do on opening day and he is just as content in their company as he would be rooting with Red Sox fans. So Demart, the problem might be with you, go to a Brewers bar and enjoy being friendly with your rivals like Spaceman does.

Hahaha.  Wow.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]Next best thing to a bar is jumping on here during games - there is always a game thread going where we are all sitting in our respective living rooms and watching the game, but having conversation as the game happens. I live in Ohio (YIKES) and you'd never know that this state has not one but TWO MLB teams.    
    Posted by Yoshimi25[/QUOTE]

Yoshi - if he comes to the game threads, then he will be another guy who falls in love with you and there are too many of us as it is.

Cool

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yoshimi25. Show Yoshimi25's posts

Above all else, regardless of team affiliation, we are human beings. 

Why do you have such a problem with people getting along?  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yoshimi25. Show Yoshimi25's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sox Fan in Milwaukee : Yoshi - if he comes to the game threads, then he will be another guy who falls in love with you and there are too many of us as it is.
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]

Well, that made me blush!! lol!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sox Fan in Milwaukee : Hahaha.  Wow.  
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]

You are a bad man SpaceAce for willing to have a cold one with the enemy.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sox Fan in Milwaukee : Great minds, eh?

I'd like to think so, Yosh.  I'm sure of it in your case, mine, not as much. Tongue out

Hope you'll join us during the game threads more this season, than last.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBINFL. Show TBINFL's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sox Fan in Milwaukee : Above all else, regardless of team affiliation, we are human beings.  Why do you have such a problem with people getting along?  

pike has a problem with people getting along, a problem with people not getting along.

I think we'll just leave it as pike has a problem.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sox Fan in Milwaukee : You are a bad man SpaceAce for willing to have a cold one with the enemy.
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]

I am going to start wearing a black mask under my pink hat.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from lowelll. Show lowelll's posts

[QUOTE]Next best thing to a bar is jumping on here during games - there is always a game thread going where we are all sitting in our respective living rooms and watching the game, but having conversation as the game happens. I live in Ohio (YIKES) and you'd never know that this state has not one but TWO MLB teams.    

Conversation such as:

Crawful is up next, he'll strke out, what was Theo thinking to sign the bum?

Slackey is pitching good so far but he will get clobbered this inning.

Why is Tito even playing Salty, he strikes all of the time?

Ellsbury on the DL still, he's faking the injury.

Sure AGonz is hitting for average but where is his pop, another Theo blunder.

Tito does it again, left the starter in too long, what a complete moron.

Youk shouldn't be playing, he's hurting, stupid Tito.

Youk should be playing, he's faking his injuries.

Drew sucks, have I ever told you that he is overpaid, if not let me tell you once more.

Another typical April for Big Papi, when are they going to trade this bum?

Scutaro is another terrible SS, Theo was 0 for 6 on signing bad shortstops. Boy Blunder with his guitar.

Jenks is a total waste, what was Theo thinking?

Fifth inning now, watch Wakefield lose it all at once.

Tito always gives the good pitcher the hook too soon or else brings in the wrong pitcher. What a dummy.

You and your 20-20 hindsight BS, admit it Tito is always wrong.

Runner thrown out at home, can't that thirdbase coach ever do anything right?

This team never plays small ball, never sacrifices, bunts, takes the extra base. I could manage much better.

Why don't the batters swing at the first pitch more often?

Why don't the batters take the first pitch more often?

This batting order is assinine, it should be this way.

All of these injuries are obviously the fault of management. Don't tell me anything different, bootlicker?

Oh, I forgot to say that Beckett pitched great tonight and how about that newly found power from Ellsbury. Oops, are such comments permitted in a gamethread? Good night, we won but don't expect another win tomorrow, this team sucks.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sox Fan in Milwaukee : Conversation such as: Crawful is up next, he'll strke out, what was Theo thinking to sign the bum? Slackey is pitching good so far but he will get clobbered this inning. Why is Tito even playing Salty, he strikes all of the time? Ellsbury on the DL still, he's faking the injury. Sure AGonz is hitting for average but where is his pop, another Theo blunder. Tito does it again, left the starter in too long, what a complete moron. Youk shouldn't be playing, he's hurting, stupid Tito. Youk should be playing, he's faking his injuries. Drew sucks, have I ever told you that he is overpaid, if not let me tell you once more. Another typical April for Big Papi, when are they going to trade this bum? Scutaro is another terrible SS, Theo was 0 for 6 on signing bad shortstops. Boy Blunder with his guitar. Jenks is a total waste, what was Theo thinking? Fifth inning now, watch Wakefield lose it all at once. Tito always gives the good pitcher the hook too soon or else brings in the wrong pitcher. What a dummy. You and your 20-20 hindsight BS, admit it Tito is always wrong. Runner thrown out at home, can't that thirdbase coach ever do anything right? This team never plays small ball, never sacrifices, bunts, takes the extra base. I could manage much better. Why don't the batters swing at the first pitch more often? Why don't the batters take the first pitch more often? This batting order is assinine, it should be this way. All of these injuries are obviously the fault of management. Don't tell me anything different, bootlicker? Oh, I forgot to say that Beckett pitched great tonight and how about that newly found power from Ellsbury. Oops, are such comments permitted in a gamethread? Good night, we won but don't expect another win tomorrow, this team sucks.

As opposed to all the useless balthering you do here everyday. Back off Yoshimi; she is a Ninja and will take you out Tongue out, plus she has very powerful friends I hear.

Sections
Shortcuts