Sox Fan in Milwaukee

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Re: Sox Fan in Milwaukee

In Response to Re: Sox Fan in Milwaukee:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sox Fan in Milwaukee : Conversation such as: Crawful is up next, he'll strke out, what was Theo thinking to sign the bum? Slackey is pitching good so far but he will get clobbered this inning. Why is Tito even playing Salty, he strikes all of the time? Ellsbury on the DL still, he's faking the injury. Sure AGonz is hitting for average but where is his pop, another Theo blunder. Tito does it again, left the starter in too long, what a complete moron. Youk shouldn't be playing, he's hurting, stupid Tito. Youk should be playing, he's faking his injuries. Drew sucks, have I ever told you that he is overpaid, if not let me tell you once more. Another typical April for Big Papi, when are they going to trade this bum? Scutaro is another terrible SS, Theo was 0 for 6 on signing bad shortstops. Boy Blunder with his guitar. Jenks is a total waste, what was Theo thinking? Fifth inning now, watch Wakefield lose it all at once. Tito always gives the good pitcher the hook too soon or else brings in the wrong pitcher. What a dummy. You and your 20-20 hindsight BS, admit it Tito is always wrong. Runner thrown out at home, can't that thirdbase coach ever do anything right? This team never plays small ball, never sacrifices, bunts, takes the extra base. I could manage much better. Why don't the batters swing at the first pitch more often? Why don't the batters take the first pitch more often? This batting order is assinine, it should be this way. All of these injuries are obviously the fault of management. Don't tell me anything different, bootlicker? Oh, I forgot to say that Beckett pitched great tonight and how about that newly found power from Ellsbury. Oops, are such comments permitted in a gamethread? Good night, we won but don't expect another win tomorrow, this team sucks.
    Posted by lowelll[/QUOTE]

Game threads aren't your cup o' tea huh?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lowelll. Show lowelll's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sox Fan in Milwaukee : Game threads aren't your cup o' tea huh?
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]

Gamethreads are like you going to a Yankee bar in order to watch a Red Sox game but you don't do that - you go to a Red Sox bar and enjoy being with fans who are somewhat optimistic, faithful, cheerful, and loyal. Why would any fan want to go to a bar that was crowded with skeptics, pessimists, cynics, antagonists, and rival fans? Only a glutton for punishment would do that. Babe does that by going to a Red Sox bar in FL and by living in a Red Sox forum but he gets his happiness by making others miserable - he is atypical, a nut case.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mnsoxcat. Show mnsoxcat's posts

OK Chris,

I haven't been on the East Side since I graduated from UWM, but I will give it a shot.  If it is still there, the Downer Avenue Pub was an OK place, meaning you wouldn't get tossed for supporting another team.  It is (was) on Downer Avenue, just south of the UWM Campus.

Mark

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yoshimi25. Show Yoshimi25's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sox Fan in Milwaukee : I'd like to think so, Yosh. In your case, I'm sure of it, mine, not as much. Hope you'll join us during the game threads more this season, than last.
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

I will try...tragically, Opening day, I will be at Anime Boston in Artist Alley - with no wi-fi.....so...I may miss the threads those weekends.....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sox Fan in Milwaukee : Gamethreads are like you going to a Yankee bar in order to watch a Red Sox game but you don't do that - you go to a Red Sox bar and enjoy being with fans who are somewhat optimistic, faithful, cheerful, and loyal. Why would any fan want to go to a bar that was crowded with skeptics, pessimists, cynics, antagonists, and rival fans? Only a glutton for punishment would do that. Babe does that by going to a Red Sox bar in FL and by living in a Red Sox forum but he gets his happiness by making others miserable - he is atypical, a nut case.

Sorry to add to your frustration at people's baffling behavior, but I enjoy going to Sox-Yankee games at Yankee bars.  The back and forth is fun.  Yes, antagonistic.  But, in a fun, we are all humans just rooting for baseball teams kind of way.

As for the game threads, sure there is that pessimistic sox fan element.  I can't stand it.  Its so far from my own relationship with the sox and the game at large.  But, that element is not just on game threads.  Its here all day long every day.

And, I agree with your frustration with those types.  In fact, if you wish to understand my tolerance for Babe and Yankee fans who come to the board and deliberately provoke sox fans:  I would sooo much prefer a good straight up contentious baseball debate with a rival fan than listening to all these so-called Sox fan trash their own club.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yoshimi25. Show Yoshimi25's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sox Fan in Milwaukee : Sorry to add to your frustration at people's baffling behavior, but I enjoy going to Sox-Yankee games at Yankee bars.  The back and forth is fun.  Yes, antagonistic.  But, in a fun, we are all humans just rooting for baseball teams kind of way. As for the game threads, sure there is that pessimistic sox fan element.  I can't stand it.  Its so far from my own relationship with the sox and the game at large.  But, that element is not just on game threads.  Its here all day long every day. And, I agree with your frustration with those types.  In fact, if you wish to understand my tolerance for Babe and Yankee fans who come to the board and deliberately provoke sox fans:  I would sooo much prefer a good straight up contentious baseball debate with a rival fan than listening to all these so-called Sox fan trash their own club.  

To quote you, "word."

To this, I would add Sox fans trashing their fellow fanbase. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sox Fan in Milwaukee : To quote you, "word." To this, I would add Sox fans trashing their fellow fanbase. 
    Posted by Yoshimi25[/QUOTE]

Duly added.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBINFL. Show TBINFL's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sox Fan in Milwaukee : Duly added.

Did you see my post about The Brooklyn Bowl on the Pineda thread?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sox Fan in Milwaukee : Did you see my post about The Brooklyn Bowl on the Pineda thread?
    Posted by TBINFL[/QUOTE]

Yeah man.  Thanks for the tip.  I will check these dudes out.  If they get my stamp of rock n roll approval, I will get a space-sitter for spacegirl and I'll take my better half out for some hot action.  And I will buy Genius a shot of choice.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from lowelll. Show lowelll's posts

In a gamethread one can never know if the thread is comprised of " a fellow fanbase". If they talk like ducks, walk like ducks, think like ducks - then they must be ducks. Transalation: If most in a gamethread sound like non-Red-Sox fans then perhaps they are non-Red_Sox fans. If one then disagrees with their behavior then it is not trashing a fellow fanbase but quite the opposite. It you went to a Democrat rally and most people there were acting like Republicans, what would the proper response be? Do you meekly follow them and forsake your own principles? What I see on gamethreads is mob behavior, a Pied Piper, monkey-see, monkey-do mentality. At Fenway Park everyone seems to act like Red Sox fans, in a gamethread they act like fans of the opponent.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBINFL. Show TBINFL's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sox Fan in Milwaukee : Yeah man.  Thanks for the tip.  I will check these dudes out.  If they get my stamp of rock n roll approval, I will get a space-sitter for spacegirl and I'll take my better half out for some hot action.  And I will buy Genius a shot of choice.

Check them out on youtube. I think you will appreciate them. Kinda the Doors meets the Dead meets Pink Floyd. I don't know how else to describe it. Awesome live.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In a gamethread one can never know if the thread is comprised of " a fellow fanbase". If the talk like ducks, walk like ducks, think like ducks - then they must be ducks. Transalation: If most in a gamethread sound like non-Red-Sox fans then perhaps they are non-Red_Sox fans. If one then disagrees with their behavior then it is not trashing a fellow fanbase but quite the opposite . It you went to a Democrat rally and most people there were acting like Republicans, what would the proper response be? Do you meekly follow them and forsake your own principles? What I see on gamethreads is mob behavior, a Pied Piper, monkey-see, monkey-do mentality. At Fenway Park everyone seems to act like Red Sox fans, in a gamethread they act like fans of the opponent.

This is an interesting observation.  One not devoid of merit.  Certainly, this element exists on the game threads (as it does on the board at large). 

But, I disagree with your assessment.  I find on game threads that there are both the neagtive element you point to, and many Sox fans acting like Sox fans at Fenway.  I promise you, it is there.  But, I think you do not notice it because you spend so much of your focus and energy on the very same negative posters who you claim to despise.  Again, I'll give you the same gem of good advice: ignore them (or move to Sons of Sam Horn).  There is much positivity on the game threads.  You are so entrenched in weeding out everything that you do not like that you do not see it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBINFL. Show TBINFL's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sox Fan in Milwaukee : This is an interesting observation.  One not devoid of merit.  Certainly, this element exists on the game threads (as it does on the board at large).  But, I disagree with your assessment.  I find on game threads that there are both the neagtive element you point to, and many Sox fans acting like Sox fans at Fenway.  I promise you, it is there.  But, I think you do not notice it because you spend so much of your focus and energy on the very same negative posters who you claim to despise.  Again, I'll give you the same gem of good advice: ignore them (or move to Sons of Sam Horn).  There is much positivity on the game threads.  You are so entrenched in weeding out everything that you do not like that you do not see it.

That would be sound advice space, if pike actually liked baseball. But, sadly, pike doesn't like sports. He is only here to troll and start trouble.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

[QUOTE]Thanks guys. I live in Shorewood/East Side and work Downtown. Don't get me wrong I'm very excited to live in a city with a team and as a fan of the game I plan on going to the ballpark as much as money and time will allow. My first love will always be the Sox, and I'd like to have some people to talk about the team with and watch a few games.
    Posted by demart77[/QUOTE]

Dmart, 

Write me offlist and we can try to get together for either the RS if they're on the tube on take in a Brewers game. 

H-Pete

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

people at fenway, you would think represent the quintessentiAL faN, but because of the high cost of tickets, and the high demand, i get the feeling that these crowds are not exactly like those that i remembered as a kid in the 70s. It is much more elitist now...they still rock the stadium, but its definetly a higher end crowd nowadays...maybe the only good thing about our team in decline might be that i can get tickets to a decent game, not just a mariners or Royals game...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Melnick. Show Melnick's posts

Glad that the Beckett act and ChickenGate routine has ran its course. It did however provide daily morning entertainment to a bevy of old grouches in Florida waking up to coffee and melba toast and artritis and lumbago and a morbid outlook on life. It was vital to all of those with early dimentia who had to place the entire reason for the September collapse on chicken, beer, and Beckett. You can't correct stupidity or early dimentia.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]Next best thing to a bar is jumping on here during games - there is always a game thread going where we are all sitting in our respective living rooms and watching the game, but having conversation as the game happens. I live in Ohio (YIKES) and you'd never know that this state has not one but TWO MLB teams.    
    Posted by Yoshimi25[/QUOTE]

YOSH!!

Hiya!

Always a smile when you show up.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

true GEO on the Mariners and Royals tickets... totally easy to get those tickets and right at game time.... 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortMeade. Show FortMeade's posts

[QUOTE]true GEO on the Mariners and Royals tickets... totally easy to get those tickets and right at game time.... 
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

Is this information current Burrito? Does this apply to today? I'm asking because you said on another thread that it pertained to 2006?