Sox Fire Valentine...you heard it here first

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

Re: Sox Fire Valentine...you heard it here first

Lucchino is the #1 problem with the Sox organization. Until his meddling a s s is reigned in by ownership, nothing of any substance will change.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

He wasn't our only problem this year, but he was certainly part of the problem.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

69 wins...nuff said..i dont care what backbiting/stabbing was going on....well deserved

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

so, uh...yeah.  i get the animosity towards bobby v.  someone is to blame for this season.  why not?  but, really, what makes all of you (ok, well most of you) think that Ben will choose the correct manager?  what has he done to prove that he will make the right decision?

fyi - the blockbuster deal you all love was flowed thru CMDR Data.  it was not the brainchild of BC.

what makes any of you think that it wont be another LL choice???  lol @ everyone putting so much "faith" in Cherry's decision making process.....

[/QUOTE]

I know Cherrington will do better because it's not possible to make a worse pick than they did last year.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to ThefourBs's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

so, uh...yeah.  i get the animosity towards bobby v.  someone is to blame for this season.  why not?  but, really, what makes all of you (ok, well most of you) think that Ben will choose the correct manager?  what has he done to prove that he will make the right decision?

fyi - the blockbuster deal you all love was flowed thru CMDR Data.  it was not the brainchild of BC.

what makes any of you think that it wont be another LL choice???  lol @ everyone putting so much "faith" in Cherry's decision making process.....

[/QUOTE]

I know Cherrington will do better because it's not possible to make a worse pick than they did last year.

[/QUOTE]

and to Cheringtons credit, made the right call then, when he didn't want BV.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from michaelsjr. Show michaelsjr's posts

Whether you like BV or despise him, the way he was treated at Boston is reprehensible.  Wish the rumor about the team being for sale were true.  This ownership has been abysmal for 2 years.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

My worry is that unless we sign an established veteran manager, why do we think he will be given the choice to hire his own coaches anymore than Bobby V did.....hiring a Bogar or any other rookie manager and Luchinnowill be pulling the strings on everything.....as in Moneyball when Henry tried to hire Billy Beane , I say go bold....convince Larrusa to unretire and get Dave Duncan back with him.

This team has so many other issues that any other type of Manager hire will be inconsequential.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Softy, I can honestly say I don't disagree with any of that. That would have been a better way to phrase it ... he wasn't part of the solution.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichFan. Show MichFan's posts

I want to believe Bobby V that the coaches undermind him.  If the GM doesn't know who that was he should fire them all and like others have said let the new mgr hire his own coaches.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Cherington is suspect because he was trained by Epstein. That alone puts him at a disadvantage since it is Epstein who is largely responsible for the state of the franchise. I hope I am wrong about this, but I think they will probably give him a couple of years to try to fix things, and if I am right about his level of incompetence this will only delay the return of the Red Sox to relevance.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PAULICAS1975. Show PAULICAS1975's posts

WOW. Alot of people are happy to see this move. I really dont care cuase to me the way this team started and finished it didnt matter who we had as a manager this team would not do any better. This team needs to do a much better job at who they bring in. Not so much as a manger, but as players. We need more blue color players like C. Ross, or even Trot Nixon. Players that play very hard for that next pay check. Not players that get paid big fat checks and play like crap. Agai this season it wouldnt metter who the manager was. This team was.....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Cherington is suspect because he was trained by Epstein. That alone puts him at a disadvantage since it is Epstein who is largely responsible for the state of the franchise. I hope I am wrong about this, but I think they will probably give him a couple of years to try to fix things, and if I am right about his level of incompetence this will only delay the return of the Red Sox to relevance.

[/QUOTE]

Cherington's strength was draft and development. It was also once Epsteins, but lost his way, when he went down the sign the best available free agent road. Cherington said he spoke with Theo after the blockbuster trade, who admitted it was a mistake and got away from his game plan.  Doubt BC or the FO will make the same mistake again. Stupid they're not.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

It is the managers job to make it all work. The coaches, the players. all of it comes down to him for the on field and clubhouse to make it work.

Terry Francona made it work for all but one month. He had far worse head cases than Valentine did.

Francona made all the years Manny was here work. We all know he made the Idiots work out.

Valentine could not even take this team with only one player being an issue and make it work. IMHO I don't think he was that bad of an issue.

Valentine screwed up with Youk a home grown player who worked his azz off to become a damn good player because he was not born with the abilities of some guys. Valentine said the wrong thing in public about a very well liked player and probably the player who plays the hardest every day. God only knows what else he said in private.

Valentine blew up this team in ST with his mouth and never let it go. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Francona and his coddling destroyed this team....we never ADDRESSED that culture in 2011 and in fact ENABLED it in 2012 with all the stupid front office nonsense interfereing with BV's coaching...

the good news is that Ben realizes this and has begun sending the malcontents packing....but Im not going to defend a 69 win manager even if he was undermined on Day 1 by stupid sox brass

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

5 months too late

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to dannycater's comment:
    [QUOTE]

5 months too late

[/QUOTE]

wouldnt have made a difference, danny. The good thing is, they made the right decision and he's history. BV seemed relieved, and so am I. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to dannycater's comment:
    [QUOTE]

5 months too late

[/QUOTE]

5 months?

I was amazed when he was hired.  Bobby freaking Valentine.  Amazing.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Cherington's strength was draft and development. It was also once Epsteins, but lost his way, when he went down the sign the best available free agent road. Cherington said he spoke with Theo after the blockbuster trade, who admitted it was a mistake and got away from his game plan. Doubt BC or the FO will make the same mistake again. Stupid they're not.

That remains to be seen. They have watched as our pitching has deteriorated since 2007 on almost an annual basis and not been able to fix it. They signed Lackey and Crawford and extended Beckett. I am really not so sure how smart those guys who are running the show really are any more.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I heard that after last nights DEBATE, the "BIG O" will be named MANAGER ON NOVEMBER 7TH !!!!!

[/QUOTE]

Oscar Robertson has no managerial experience.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

So, you were willing to give BV a chance and even went so far as to say fans that didn't think Bobby V should've been hired were being grossly unfair.

Even though BV last stint as a manager in the majors was a trainwreck, in NY.

But, Cherrington doesn't deserve a chance to prove himself simply because he was "trained" by Epstein?

Makes perfect sense...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

part of the point of my post was....what makes you all think Cherry will have the final say on the next choice of manager?  LL is still calling the shots.  as long as the former GM's protege is the GM of the Red Sox this will not change.  he doesnt wield the power.....

Sections
Shortcuts