Sox Fire Valentine...you heard it here first

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Re: Sox Fire Valentine...you heard it here first

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

In response to J-BAY's comment:

In response to ThefourBs's comment:

In response to slasher9's comment:

so, uh...yeah.  i get the animosity towards bobby v.  someone is to blame for this season.  why not?  but, really, what makes all of you (ok, well most of you) think that Ben will choose the correct manager?  what has he done to prove that he will make the right decision?

fyi - the blockbuster deal you all love was flowed thru CMDR Data.  it was not the brainchild of BC.

what makes any of you think that it wont be another LL choice???  lol @ everyone putting so much "faith" in Cherry's decision making process.....

I know Cherrington will do better because it's not possible to make a worse pick than they did last year.

and to Cheringtons credit, made the right call then, when he didn't want BV.

Cherington is suspect because he was trained by Epstein. That alone puts him at a disadvantage since it is Epstein who is largely responsible for the state of the franchise. I hope I am wrong about this, but I think they will probably give him a couple of years to try to fix things, and if I am right about his level of incompetence this will only delay the return of the Red Sox to relevance.

So, you were willing to give BV a chance and even went so far as to say fans that didn't think Bobby V should've been hired were being grossly unfair.

Even though BV last stint as a manager in the majors was a trainwreck, in NY.

But, Cherrington doesn't deserve a chance to prove himself simply because he was "trained" by Epstein?

Makes perfect sense...

He is going to get his chance, whether I like it or not. And besides that I never said that I would not give him a chance. You have misinterpreted what I wrote. I wrote that he is "suspect", meaning that I would be watching him closely if I were his boss, and that he would be on a short leash. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from noarodlover. Show noarodlover's posts

He did do some creative lineups once in a while BUT he just could not keep his mouth shut. The job was not about him but about the team.   AMEN

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

He is going to get his chance, whether I like it or not. And besides that I never said that I would not give him a chance. You have misinterpreted what I wrote. I wrote that he is "suspect", meaning that I would be watching him closely if I were his boss, and that he would be on a short leash. 

The same applies to the fans you complained about.

Bobby V was going to be hired, no matter what his detractors said.

Bobby V detractors had valid reasons to "suspect" he would be a bad choice.

You told us we were wrong to do so anyway.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

The difference is that I am willing to give Cherington a chance and look at his body of work before judging him-even though I do not think he is the right guy for the job. Some posters looked at Valentine and judged him before he worked one day on the job. Its a matter of how open your mind is. I like to think that I have an open mind and make a conscious effort to keep it that way.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

The difference is that I am willing to give Cherington a chance and look at his body of work before judging him-even though I do not think he is the right guy for the job. Some posters looked at Valentine and judged him before he worked one day on the job. Its a matter of how open your mind is. I like to think that I have an open mind and make a conscious effort to keep it that way.

Thanks for the laugh...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to ThefourBs's comment:

Thanks for the laugh...

Typical of a closed minded individual.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from YoukMan. Show YoukMan's posts

Most of the candidates nproposed on this web site list are non-starters.  We want the next Joe Madden, not a tired retread.  Of list consider only Dave Martinez, Arnie Beyeler, Sandy Alomar, Bill Mueller, and some of Abraham's candidates.  Look harder, but AVOID Farell!  He'd be just as bad in Boston as he is in Toronto.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from lvfree. Show lvfree's posts

I can't wait to hear Fitzy and Sully complaining at the end of next year about how bad the new manager is. We are headed for some dark days in Red Sox Nation. Baby Cherrington was Theo's #1 yesman. You're kidding yourself if you think he didn't have a hand in all of Theo's foolish moves. In the very near future Theo will be exposed as the most overrated fraud in baseball and we are in for many years of basement dwelling unless the Red Sox are sold to a company that values baseball over soccer and pink camo Sox hats. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from whatwhat. Show whatwhat's posts

Hire Mike Lowell or Bill Mueller or John Valentin or Mike Stanley

11. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts