Sox has placed bid on Korean Ace "Ryu Hyun Jin"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Sox has placed bid on Korean Ace "Ryu Hyun Jin"

It's a rumor from trusted source.  There's post in korean website and I won't even bother putting up a link here.  It's says a ML scout confirmed at least 5 teams have placed bid on Ryu.  Red Sox, Rangers, Indians, Cubs, and Dodgers.  Many will be unfamiliar with his name but he's kind of pitcher worth to look into.  he's only 26 has 7 yr pro experience in Korean Baseball Org which translates to AAA in ML and Ryu owns well below 3.00 ERA in his career.  He also has international experience (WBC and Oylmpics) where he was again dominant.  I put up a link if English version comes out and update more.

Here is what baseballreference.com says about him.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/bullpen/Hyun-Jin_Ryu

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Re: Sox has placed bid on Korean Ace

Man.  I wasn't even aware that KBO had a bidding system.  Is it similar to Japanese league's?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

i never heard of this korean guy, but sure the sox should be looking at this guy if he can pitch just as they should look under every rock for any other guy who can pitch. 

who cares where they find them if they can pitch better than the guys who were on the mound last year.

there have only been two seasons in my 56 year career of being a red sox fan when they actually had enough pitching.  guess when those two years were?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

i never heard of this korean guy, but sure the sox should be looking at this guy if he can pitch just as they should look under every rock for any other guy who can pitch. 

who cares where they find them if they can pitch better than the guys who were on the mound last year.

there have only been two seasons in my 56 year career of being a red sox fan when they actually had enough pitching.  guess when those two years were?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Man.  I wasn't even aware that KBO had a bidding system.  Is it similar to Japanese league's?

[/QUOTE]

I believe so.  A player has to spend 7 seasons in order to gain rights to get posted under team's permission.  After 9 seasons, a player can sign any team he wants. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

i like this. with the weak FA market this year the sox are smart to look to the international FA market. never seen the guy pitch but i'm sure the sox have and if they're willing to make a move for him then i have faith in it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

I'm Korean.  

Korean baseball league is the equivalent of between AA and AAA in the States.

I'm surprised that Ryu has this much attention.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from garyhow. Show garyhow's posts

Red Sox should leave no stone unturned in the pursuit of a better pitching staff. Hopefully can't get any worse than last year.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

bonus points that he shares a name with a street fighter legend.

i wonder if he shouts "Hadouken!" when he throws a fastball?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

the winning bid for Ryu was 25,737,737.33

doesn't say which team actually won yet. i guess we'll find out soon enough

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/11/winning-bid-for-hyun-jin-ryu-is-257mm.html

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Many speculate the Dodgers won the bid not 100% accurate though

rumor says sox bid 15-16M, rangers 12-13M, Cubs 9.5M and yanks 12M

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to mef429's comment:
    [QUOTE]

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/11/winning-bid-for-hyun-jin-ryu-is-257mm.html

[/QUOTE]

737 is the area code for Austin Texas I believe...Could be a hint to who won the bid...Rangers?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to mef429's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

737 is the area code for Austin Texas I believe...Could be a hint to who won the bid...Rangers?

[/QUOTE]

That makes sense.  I was wondering about Settle since that's where they make/made the 737.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That makes sense.  I was wondering about Settle since that's where they make/made the 737.

[/QUOTE]

It's easy to imagine the Rangers being bullish* after the Darvish success...

* - on international posting signings

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Maybe John Henry can put a bid in on the USS Pueblo while he is at it !!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Maybe John Henry can put a bid in on the USS Pueblo while he is at it !!!

[/QUOTE]

*facepalm*

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Evan Grant of The Dallas Morning News says (on Twitter) that the Rangers did not win the bid.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/#dvpcUl8GpcVVxwXg.99